Basic Panini Recipe: Simple + Easy
Panini Recipe: The Basics
It’s easier than ever to make a delicious panini at home. Gone are the days when you could only get these grilled sandwiches at a coffee shop or restaurant. The sky is the limit in terms of what kind of panini you can make, but there are a few basic things you should keep in mind. Keep reading for a very basic panini recipe that even a child could make!
Here’s a basic panini recipe, detailed in a few simple steps. Anyone can do it!
- Start with a Panini Press. Check out this list of top 5 panini presses for help in choosing the best one for you.
2. Choose your bread. I like to use ciabatta, but you can use things like sourdough, focaccia, or even a baguette. Just remember to put the rounded side facing down on the grill if you use something like a baguette so it will grill more evenly.
3. Spread olive oil on the inside of your bread. Just a thin layer will do so use a brush.
4. Add 2 slices of cheese. Put one on the top and one on the bottom. This helps your sandwich glue together when grilling.
5. Add some fillings. Meat, veggies, herbs, etc. One of my favourite panini recipes is a very simple vegetarian one: fresh mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and fresh basil.
6. Pump up the flavour. Add some salt and pepper, fresh cilantro, jalapeño, hot sauce, etc.
7. Add greens after cooking. If you want to add greens like spinach or lettuce, be sure to do it after cooking so they don’t get wilted. One of my favourite panini recipes is a BLT: sharp cheddar, pre-cooked bacon, tomato. Then, add some green leafy lettuce after it’s cooked. Kids will love this one for sure.
8. Put the sandwich together and butter the outside. Use a brush as well to coat evenly.
9. Pre-heat the panini press. Put your sandwich in and follow the instructions!
10. Cut with a sharp knife and enjoy! I hope you find this basic panini recipe useful in cooking your first delicious panini.
Tags: basic panini recipe, delicious panini, delicious panini recipe, grilled sandwich, how to make a grilled sandwich, how to make a panini, panini press, panini recipe, panini recipes