Belgian Waffles Recipe | Simple Homemade Belgian Waffles
Belgian Waffles for Family Meals
Who loves Belgian waffles? Surely, everybody does! Waffles are favorite foods for breakfast, snacks and even dinner! Coffee lovers enjoy Belgian waffles to perfectly match their coffee. They even love getting creative with different kinds of toppings to make their favorite food more delicious. But what many people don’t know is that Belgian waffles are not just delicious. They are nutritious too! Actually, they are even healthier when they’re homemade!
If you’re a mother, housewife, or you simply love to prepare dishes for the family, you’re on the right page. Never mind if you don’t know how to make waffles. What’s important is, you have that intention to make your own Belgian waffles at home.
First things first! Invest in a best-performing waffle maker. We’ve done all the hard work for you on this site, narrowed down the options and found the Top 5 Waffle Irons. Or, check out our #1 pick on Amazon: The Presto Flipside Waffle Maker. Getting a waffle maker is the only thing you need to do and let this site do the rest.
Here, is an easy-to-follow recipe for you to make Belgian Waffles for happy family meals.
Basic ingredients you’ll need for Belgian Waffles:
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup corn starch
2 tablespoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1-3/4 cups milk
½ cup cooking oil
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
A pinch of nutmeg
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Here’s how to make mouthwatering Belgian waffles:
- Preheat your waffle maker/iron.
- Put all ingredients together in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Grease your waffle maker/iron first before using)
- Pour about ½ cup batter onto the preheated waffle maker.
- Cook for 3-1/2 minutes, or according to your desired cooking.
- Serve hot topped with whipped cream and berries
You see? Making delicious waffles is so easy! And while you see a lot of yummy toppings recommended online, it is still best to keep your waffle plain and simple. There are some people who want their Belgian waffles “topless”. Or, just to add flavor without losing the original and real taste of the waffle, you can add one or two toppings.
Here are Some Simple Suggestions for Waffle Toppings:
- Spread some melted butter or margarine over the waffle and pour some maple syrup. Foodies have it that the combination of maple syrup and butter is the most famous topping for Belgian waffles in the U.S. We recommend Canadian Maple Syrup.
- Chocolate sauce or spread is best for crunchy waffles. Yes, if you want your Belgian waffles toasted, they’re best paired with chocolate sauce. According to food experts, combining chocolate sauce with Belgian Waffles is already like paying tribute to two of Belgium’s most famous specialties.
- Powdered Sugar is the simplest topping of all! This does not destroy the nice appearance of the Belgian Waffles too! Simply sprinkling powdered sugar on the waffle means just adding a little sweetness to the food without losing its original taste.
- Vanilla or your favorite ice cream flavor is the best treat of all! Those with sweet tooth or prefer their Belgian Waffles sweet for dessert, this is the best choice. Ice cream on waffle is like enjoying a double treat! You get to enjoy your crunchy, nutritious baked bread and your all-time favorite cold dessert!
- Energy and protein are what make these waffles through the caramelized banana on top of it. It’s in a way, healthy because the fruit added on top is rich in protein. You will definitely survive all day with a piece of two of crunchy Belgian waffle topped with sweet-sauced banana.