Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe: Something New
Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe for Your First Attempt
Did you just get a new ice cream maker? If you did, there is a big chance that you haven’t tried making ice cream yet. Why don’t you try something new? Enough of the chocolate, strawberry and vanilla flavors! Now is the time to go for something unusual and interesting. How about some pumpkin ice cream? If you have no idea what this ice cream flavor is, worry not! Our pumpkin ice cream recipe is sure to make your ice cream making more exciting.
Pumpkin ice cream may sound weird but you’ll surely love it! This ice cream flavor has a lot of benefits that you can’t resist having a scoop of it. The pumpkin ice cream recipe is developed for those who love to explore new and unique tastes. This is so ideal especially if your whole family is avoiding sweets but cannot resist a scoop of ice cream. Why deprive yourself from eating when you can have both treats of eating a cold delicious treat without feeling guilty? Yes! You’ll never feel guilty when you’re indulging a healthy pumpkin ice cream!
Exciting, isn’t it? You’re trying two new things at a time! You are finally trying a new pumpkin ice cream recipe on your newly purchased ice cream maker! Cool! So, here’s the recipe! Read on…
Ingredients for Your Pumpkin Ice Cream Recipe:
1 cup pumpkin (fresh and pureed or canned)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream
¾ cup dark brown sugar (firmly packed)
5 pieces eggs (yolks only)
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon bourbon
A pinch of nutmeg (freshly grated)
To make the Homemade Pumpkin Ice Cream:
- In a medium bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree and vanilla together. Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours. You may refrigerate the mixture for up to 8 hours, if you desire, but 3 hours are enough.
- In a 2-quart saucepan and set at medium heat, combine the brown sugar (about ½ cup) and cream (about 1-1/2 cups) together. Cook for about 5 minutes, or, until there appears a formation of bubbles around the pan’s edges.
- Meanwhile, combine the cinnamon, salt, ginger, egg yolks, nutmeg, the last half cup of cream and the remaining ¼ cup of the dark brown sugar. Whisk altogether until the mixture smoothens and the sugar starts to dissolve.
- Remove the mixture from heat. Slowly whisk about half cup of the warmed cream mixture into the egg mixture until it smoothens. Put the egg mixture back on the pan.
- At medium heat, cook the egg mixture while constantly stirring using a wooden spoon. Keep the custard at low boil until it thickens enough for coating of the back of the spoon. You’ll also see when the cooking is done if the mixture leaves a clear trail when a finger is dipped through it for up to 6 minutes. Do not let the custard boil. Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain into a bowl.
- Put the bowl on another bigger bowl that’s partly filled with ice water, stirring intermittently until cool.
- Whisk into the custard, the pumpkin mixture. Using a plastic wrap, cover the bowl, pressing the mixture directly on the custard’s surface to avoid formation of the skin. Refrigerate the whisked mixture and custard until chilled for at least 3 (or up to 24) hours.
- When ready, transfer the custard to your ice cream maker and freeze as directed in your machine’s package. During churning’s last minute, add in the bourbon. Transfer you ice cream to a freezer-safe jar or container. Cover, then, freeze until it becomes firm for at least 3 hours. Freezing can last up to 3 days before you serve it. This recipe can make 1 quart.
All About Ice Cream Makers:
If you don’t have an ice cream maker yet but you liked our pumpkin ice cream recipe, don’t worry. It’s not yet too late to purchase one. Check out our Top 5 Ice Cream Maker for 2016 and choose the machine that interests you. Can’t decide which among our top 5 ice cream makers is for you because you find them all great?
Check the Conair Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt Ice Cream Maker review to help you decide. It’s one of our top picks for best ice cream makers here on this site and you and your family will most definitely be happy with this one.
Tags: affordable ice cream makers, best ice cream makers, best-selling ice cream makers, cheap ice cream makers, heavy-duty ice cream makers, ice cream makers, ice cream makers 2016, ice cream makers enthusiasts, ice cream makers for sale, top of the line ice cream makers