Are you looking for a top-quality panini press and sandwich maker? Then this one from Breville should be the top of your list. Read our buying guide packed with information to help you decide if it’s the right one for you.
Breville Panini Maker Review
The Breville Duo Nonstick Panini Press is a high-quality, 1500 watt nonstick panini press made of stainless steels that has some excellent user reviews. It heats up very quickly and has a scratch-proof surface so that you can use it for years.
4 Height Settings
There is a locking hinge with 4 height settings so you can grill sandwiches of any width. It’s large enough to cook 2-3 sandwiches at one time. The bottom is flat to allow for faster, even cooking while the top is ridged to give the sandwich those all-important grill marks.
- 1500 watt panini press with nonstick, scratch resistant Quantanium cooking surface
- Flat bottom plate for fast, thorough cooking; ribbed top plate creates grill marks
- Floating hinge; 4 height settings; on/ready lights; nonslip feet; locking storage clip
- Cord wrap; brushed stainless steel housing; user manual with recipes included
- Measures 13 by 11 3/4 by 5 1/4 inches; 1 year limited warranty
Cook all Sorts of Food on It
You can also use this panini press open-faced and the flat surface allows you to cook things like pancakes and french toast with ease. See: Panini Press Recipe for some ideas on grilled sandwiches.
Where Can I Buy It?
The Breville Duo Nonstick Panini Press is Available on Amazon. Click the button below to find the best prices and also to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
The Specs on the Breville Duo Panini Press:
- 8 pounds
- Stainless steel construction
- Free shipping
- 5 x 13 x 12 inches
- 1500 watts of power
- Scratch resistant cooking surface
- Flat bottom for fast cooking and ribbed top for grill marks
- Floating hinge with 4 height settings
- On/ready lights
- Non-slip feet
- Locking mechanism for storage
- User manual and recipe book included
- 1 year warranty
“Love the floating hinge adjustment. It’s easy to make sandwiches of any thickness. My family uses this thing so much that we just leave it out on the counter. I like the flat surface that’s ideal for a quick round of pancakes or French toast.”
“No fuss and no mess to make some delicious tasting sandwiches. I love this thing! We also use it to grill tofu or chicken breast as well. It’s quite versatile and ideal for a ton of things. Seriously, the sky is kind of the limit so get creative!”
“It heats up really quickly and cooks evenly. It’s gained a permanent spot on my counter and I love how easy it is to clean with just a wipe. Make sure it’s cool though so that you don’t burn yourself.”
Breville Duo Nonstick Panini Press Negatives:
- There is no on/off switch. Plugging it into the wall turns it on. However, this seems to be pretty standard for most panini presses.
- The plates are non-removable so clean-up can be a bit of a pain. However, the non-stick surface makes this reasonably easy.
- There is only a single temperature setting.
- The price-tag. It’s one of the more expensive panini presses (compare to something like the Hamilton Beach Panini Press) but it doesn’t seem to have the extra bells and whistles that should come with that.
How to Use the Breville Sandwich Maker
You can learn more about using this popular panini press here by watching this short video. It’s easier than you might think to make toasted sandwiches at home!
The Takeaway on the Breville Duo Nonstick Panini Press:
Overall, the Breville Duo Nonstick Panini Press is a very good product that is a cut above the cheaper panini presses on the market. It’s a nice combination of grill (flat surface) and panini press (ridged surface) which allows you to cook a wide variety of foods including sandwiches, burritos, pancakes, french toast, eggs, etc.
It’s extremely durable and should last you for years, even with consistent use. Breville is a trusted name in this space and has a reputation for quality products.
Some Small Complaints about It
The only complaints about this product are similar to other panini presses, namely the lack of on/off switch or temperature setting and non-removable plates which can make cleaning a bit of a hassle. For a more expensive panini press, these things really should be included though so perhaps this one is a miss.
Where Can I Buy It?
You can check out this toasted sandwich maker for yourself over on Amazon. Check now for the lowest prices and to find out more:
Compare Panini Presses
Two cheaper panini presses that are also highly-rated to consider instead of this one are:
Have your Say about the Breville Panini Press
What are your thoughts about this versatile kitchen appliance? Are you considering this panini press, or another brand? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. It’ll help other toasted sandwich enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2019-10-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API