How to Deep-Fry a Turkey | Deep Fried Turkey | Turkey Deep Frying
How to Deep-Fry a Turkey: It’s Easier than you Think
Because of its many health benefits, a lot of people have learned how to deep-fry a turkey using peanut oil. First, this kind of oil is capable of reducing cholesterol levels and protects the heart from any possible ailment.
More so, the peanut oil helps prevent the occurrence of cancer. Many homemakers prefer this cooking oil for their deep-fried turkey as it strengthens the immune system and lowers blood cholesterol. Mothers have also learned how to deep-fry a turkey with peanut oil as this helps them retain the smoothness of their skin.
Having read the information gathered, you must have been a believer of a deep-fried turkey now. Are you ready to make one at home even if it is not Thanksgiving yet?
If you’re excited to cook one but you just don’t know how to go about it, worry not! Here’s to teach you how to deep-fry a turkey the healthiest way:
Ingredients for Deep Frying a Turkey:
1 whole turkey (about 10 lbs.)
2 tablespoons seasoning
2 tablespoons your choice of dry rub
4 gallons peanut oil
For the seasoning, you need:
¼ cup garlic powder
1 cup salt
¼ cup black pepper
Here’s How to Deep Fry a Turkey:
- Wash the turkey well and let it drain. When drained, rub it all over with the seasoning.
- Coat your turkey with your choice of dry rub and allow it to sit until it achieves room temperature.
- In a turkey fryer over 350 degrees-Fahrenheit, heat the Peanut oil. When the oil is hot, carefully lower the turkey guaranteeing it is completely submerged.
- Fry the turkey in your deep fryer for three minutes each pound and another five minutes per bird. Remove the whole turkey from the hot peanut oil.
- Drain the turkey using paper towels.
For the seasoning: Mix all the ingredients together and store in a container. Seasoning can be stored in a container until six months.
See? Deep-frying a turkey is so easy. You just have to invest in a high-quality turkey fryer to serve your family a healthy turkey.
An ideal option is the Bayou Classic Stainless Steel Turkey Fryer which you can use not just for Thanksgiving. This fryer can also function as a steamer and broiler for your side dishes. It is one of the most affordable yet excellent-performing turkey fryers on Amazon today.
For more options, you can check out the Top 5 Turkey Fryers and see which one suits you the most.
Categorised in: how to