Are you looking for a top-quality pasta cutter to make delicious homemade ravioli and other kinds of stuffed pasta? Then you’re most definitely in the right place. We’re going to give you the rundown on our best pasta cutters to help you choose the right one for your needs. But, here’s a sneak peek at some of our top picks for pasta cutter wheels.
Pasta Cutters, Wheels, Crimpers and Sealers: Top 9 Options
Are you ready to see our top picks for pasta cutter wheels, ravioli cutters and sealers, or a pasta crimper? Then let’s get to it! Keep on reading for all the details you need to know, or just have a look at our top option for a ravioli cutter wheel right here: LaGondola Professional Pasta Cutter Wheel, Ravioli Cutter, Timeless Natural Wood Handle and Durable...
#1: LaGondola Pasta Cutter Wheel (Made in Italy)
- Set of 2 Professional Pasta Cutter Wheels, Ravioli Cutters in Brass and Natural Wood
- Lifetime guarantee for This Ravioli Wheel ,Timeless Wood Handle Durable Brass Head
- 2 Cutter Set ; 1 Festooned (Ridged) and 1 Smooth Pastry Cutter : Truly artisan production ,Made in...
- FREE SHIPPING IN THE USA
- What Our Customer say:"The best available on Amazon or elsewhere. A fantastic product. Have used...
If you’re looking for one of the best ravioli cutter wheels that money can buy, then this one from LaGondola should certainly be at the top of the list. In terms of quality, it’s a cut above the competition and this is the one that should last you a lifetime.
Key Features of this Pasta Crimper
- Natural wood handle
- Brass head that’s extremely durable
- Set includes 1 festooned (ridged) wheel and 1 smooth one
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee
- Made in Italy
- Makes a beautiful gift
How to Use this Pasta Wheel?
Using a pasta cutter is a very simple process. Just run it over the dough into the desired shapes that you want. Be sure to use a liberal amount of flour so that the pasta doesn’t stick to the working surface, or the cutting tool. Flour also prevents the noodles from sticking together once they’re cut.
When you’re done, wash your pasta cutter by hand in warm soapy water and let it dry before putting away. And that’s about all it takes to cut pasta or pastry dough into the exact size and shape you need with this wheel.
Oh, and if you want to make pasta dough the easy way, then you’re going to need a pasta maker. Check out some of our top recommendations right here: Best Pasta Machines.
—>Read More Pasta Cutter Reviews on Amazon<—
“I’m a chef and use these things all the time for making homemade pasta at our restaurant. They work well and are super durable, even with heavy use by multiple people. I love the fact that this ravioli cutter is made in Italy too!”
“Super functional and beautiful craftsmanship. Probably the nicest thing that I have in my kitchen and I use it all the time for ravioli, lasagna or other types of pasta too! Honestly, this ravioli crimper just works so well that I find that I can’t live without it.”
Does it sound like the right pasta cutter wheel for you? LaGondola comes with a lifetime guarantee and is among the best in the business. Check it out for yourself on Amazon and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Compare Ravioli Cutter Wheels and Ravioli Crimpers
Do you want to see the head-t0-head comparison of some of our top picks for pasta wheel cutters? Then you’ll definitely want to check out this handy chart we put together for you:
#2: Norpro Pastry and Ravioli Wheel
- Measures: 7" x 3" x .75" / 18cm x 7.5cm x 2cm
- Pastry wheel, sometimes called pastry cutter, makes cutting shapes fast and easy. Making homemade...
- Double-headed fluted wheel for scalloped edge and straight cut with flat wheel. Ideal for pasta,...
- Soft santoprene handle provides a comfortable non-slip grip, ideal for left or right hand use.
- Stainless steel cutting blades.
Next up is a far more economical option when compared to the first choice on this list. The NorPro Pasta cutter and ravioli cutter features an easy-grip that will reduce hand fatigue if you’re making large amounts of homemade pasta.
- Features two sides on the same machine (ridged, and smooth)
- The ergonomic grip that works equally well for right or left-handers
- Can be used for pasta, pies, cookie dough, pastry, etc.
- Durable stainless steel cutting blades
User Reviews for this Ravioli Wheel Cutter
—>Read More Customer Reviews on Amazon<—-
“Ideal for cutting pastry dough. Just wish that the blades were a little bit sharper. Now that I know the design and how much I’ll actually use this thing, I’m considering upgrading to a brass one.”
“A nice little tool that just works so much better than the big pizza cutter I was using for years. Now sure why I waited so long to upgrade actually! This, along with my metal colander are my go-to kitchen gadgets.”
Where Can I Get It?
Does it sound like the right option for you? Check it out for yourself over on Amazon. Click the button to find the lowest prices and to learn more about it:
#3: Double Pasta and Ravioli Cutter Wheel
- MAKE THE BEST RAVIOLI AT HOME - When you cut your ravioli properly, you can seal it better, and the...
- SAVE TIME & FRUSTRATION - Cheaper tools won't cut uniformly and that means it will look sloppy and...
- RAVIOLI STAYS CLOSED - A perfect cut means the ravioli seals better and doesn't open up...
- MAKE FRESH PASTA FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS - Eat healthy and have more delicious meals with homemade...
- USE THIS FOR GENERATIONS - The high quality wood and brass design is going to last a lot longer than...
Another top pick for pasta cutting tool is again from LaGondola. This handy kitchen tool comes with a lifetime warranty and it’s certainly the last cutting wheel that you’ll ever buy. Unlike the first option on the list that comes in a set of two, this one has two cutting wheels on the same tool, one smooth and one ridged.
Important Features of this Pasta Wheel Cutter
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Natural wood handle
- Extremely sharp, brass blades
- Makes ravioli easier to seal when you cut it properly with a tool like this one.
- Easy to cut uniformly
- Used for generations
What do People Think About this Brass Pasta Cutter?
—>See More Customer Reviews for LaGondola Pasta Cutters on Amazon<—
“I bought this for my husband for his birthday after watching him struggle to make homemade ravioli with a butter knife. He only does it once a year because it’s so difficult to do. He made some the next day and seriously, what a huge difference. I hope that I’ve inspired him to make it more often because it’s so delicious!”
“I have a feeling that this thing will last several lifetimes. Really high in quality and fun to use. Makes the perfect cuts for pasta which helps them to stick together when cooking and not fall apart in the water. Awesome and I’ll be buying a few more of these for gifts for my Italian friends!”
“This item is awesome and honestly, I can’t really say enough good stuff about it. The metal seems very durable and like thing will last a lifetime. I can’t count the number of times I’ve used it so far and I’ve give it 10 stars if I could! Please just pick one up for yourself.”
Order Your Top Rated Product Today
Do you want to find out more about this top-quality dough cutter wheel made of brass? Then you’ll need to head over to Amazon. Check now for the best prices and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#4: Marcato Atlas Pastry and Pasta Cutter
- Marcato’s Atlas pasta wheel for cutting sheets of dough with a variety of decorative edges, and...
- Made in Italy; sturdy and durable; comfortable handle; lightweight, yet strong
- 3 interchangeable wheels (flat, small zigzag, large zigzag) cut dough and seal edges to lock in...
- Great for lasagna, ravioli, farfalle, and decorative edges on pastry and lattice pie crusts
- Easy to use; wipe clean with a Dry brush or cloth; exclusively from HIC Harold Import Co; 10-year...
Marcato Atlas makes a top-quality pasta maker, among the best in the world, so we’d be remiss not to add their pasta dough cutter to our list. In terms of craftsmanship, it’s similar to their other Italian cooking devices and this hand pasta cutter is certainly one of our top picks. Keep on reading to find out more about it.
- 3 interchangeable wheels (flat, small and large zig-zags)
- Made in Italy
- Ideal for cutting sheets of dough (pasta or pastry)
- Lightweight and comfortable to use
- Ideal for lasagna, ravioli, farfalle or lattice pie crusts
- Just wipe clean with a dry cloth after use
- 10 year warranty
- Handle available in a variety of colors
—>Read More Marcato Atlas Pasta Cutter Reviews on Amazon<—
“Very easy to use for a sheet of pasta and super light in weight. I have the LaGondola one as well, but have to say, I kind of like this one better and it’s about half the price. I make homemade pasta almost every day and this thing is my go-to tool for cutting it.”
“Works great and does the job quickly and without any hassle. It’s easy to switch between the various blades, so don’t worry about that if you think it’s going to be annoying. It’s probably one of my favourite items in my kitchen.”
Do you want to find out more about this top-quality wheel? Then you’ll need to head over to Amazon to find out more about it:
#5: Master Feng Set of 4 Ravioli Stamps + Ravioli Pasta Cutter
- Package includes 2 Round & 1 Square &1 Roller Wheel.
- Easily distribution cut perfect sized pasta pockets, quick make multiple shapes ravioli at once.
- The roll wheel can be used for cutting cookie/pasta/ noodle, comes with fluted edges to provide...
- Strong beechwood handle with sturdy aluminum frame provides comfortable and secure grip for less...
- Ideal for making fat ravioli with extra filling. Seal pasta dough for authentic homemade ravioli...
If you’re looking for a complete ravioli maker kit, then this is the one for you! It comes complete with 4 stamps (small + large round, 1 square and 1 heart), along with a cutter. So you’ll be able to make the perfect shape of stuffed pasta for your friends and family.
It’s both a cutter and sealer and it’ll allow you to make some perfect pasta. No more falling apart in the water when cooking because the edges of the dough didn’t match up well. You know what we’re talking about? Then you’re going to need to pick up this ravioli making set.
- Package includes 4 stamps and 1 pasta wheel
- Can make multiple sheets quickly and easily
- Also ideal for making cookies or pastry
- Beechwood handle
- Made from aluminum
- Comfortable grip reduces hand strain and fatigue
- Ideal for making fat ravioli with lots of filling
How to Use this Ravioli Cutter and Sealer?
There are a few simple steps to follow if you want to make delicious homemade pasta at home. Here they are:
- Use it to cut strips of pasta dough in the desired width, just slightly wider than the stamp you’re going to use.
- Place filing on the strip at appropriate intervals (measure with your stamp)
- Place a second strip of dough over the other strip and the filling
- Press downward firmly with your stamp to cut and seal it
- Cook the pasta, add your favourite sauce and enjoy! Check out recipes right here: Pasta Cream Sauce and Tomato Sauce for Pasta.
—>Check More Reviews on Amazon for this Ravioli Making Set<—
“Great quality and super sturdy. Plus they just work well at making the perfect little pastas. Love having some different size and shape options too to mix things up a bit. Be sure to have a good place to store the pasta though after you cut it—I used a floured cookie sheet for that purpose.”
“Cuts through the dough really well and then the sealers work at keeping it from falling apart from when cooking. Overall, the easiest way you’re going to find to make homemade ravioli I think. Love the price and I got free shipping on this product.”
Where Can I Find It?
Do you want to find out more? Then you’ll need to head over to Amazon to find the lowest prices on kitchen appliances like this one. Order yours today:
#6: Happy Sales Ravioli Cutter
- Made in Italy, Premium Chrome wheel with Wood Handle
- 1.5" Diameter Wheel, 6.5" in length
- MAKING JUST about anything - Pastries, Pie, Cookies, Ravioli, Samosa, Empanadas, Dumplings or just...
- EASY TO USE Super comfortable, easily cleaned, durable for years! Save time and effort when trying...
Another top option for a pasta cutter wheel is this one from Happy Sales. Besides the excellent customer reviews and affordable price, it’s super durable and comfortable to use, even for a ravioli feast! Read on to find out all the details you need to know about this option.
- 1.5-inch diameter
- Ideal for ravioli, pastry, other pasta types, etc.
- Made in Italy
- Wood handle with a chrome wheel
- Comfortable and easy to use without hand fatigue
“Works like a charm every single time. If you’re debating and think that using something like a butter knife is fine, well…you’re just plain wrong about that! This ravioli cutter is just so much for a whole host of reasons. Try it out for yourself and you’ll see the difference.”
“Very solid construction and the quality is evident from the second you pick it up. It has a nice weight to it and feels like it’ll last for years. It’s helped me kick my ravioli making to the next level.”
“Probably the best ravioli wheel cutter that I’ve ever used and I work in an Italian restaurant so that says a lot!”
Shop Now for a Pasta Crimper
Does it sound like the right pasta dough cutter for your needs? It’s easy to find it on Amazon. Check now for the lowest prices and don’t forget to see if this item is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#7: Fox Run Ravioli Cutter Stamps
- Round: 2.5 x 4.5 inch, Square: 2.75 x 4.5 inch
- Lightweight, yet sturdy aluminum frame with wood handles
- Includes 1 round & 1 square, easily cut perfect sized pasta pockets
- Wooden handle provides comfortable and secure grip
- Great for cutting and sealing homemade meat, cheese or spinach filled raviolis
If you’re looking for a pasta cutter that can cut perfect squares or circles, over and over again, then consider this cutter stamp from Fox Run. It can save a ton of time and the best part is that the two halves of the ravioli will match up perfectly which can help to prevent bursting when cooking.
- Lightweight but sturdy
- Comfortable wooden handle
- Cutter stamp is made from aluminum
- 1 round and 1 square stamp
- 2.5 inches round
“I love to make pot stickers at least once a month for my family. Sure, it’s kind of a lot of work but they’re just so delicious that it’s hard to say no when my kids ask for them. This little tool has made the job so much easier and it saves me a ton of time and hassle.”
“I used to make my homemade ravioli with a wheel cutter but found that would sometimes burst when cooking because they weren’t the exact same size. This thing alleviated that problem in a big way—now they’re all the exact same and I have no worries about it. Try it out and you’ll probably love this pasta cutter as much as I do.”
Where Can I Buy it?
It’s easy to find this ravioli cutter tool on Amazon. Click below to check availability and also to find the lowest prices:
#8: Bellemain Ravioli Cutter and Sealer
- MAKE RAVIOLI THAT TASTES LIKE IT CAME STRAIGHT FROM ITALY: Load them up with your favorite fillings:...
- MAGICALLY SEALS EVERY RAVIOLI FOR YOU: The metal cutting frame does all the hard work for you - no...
- EVERYONE WILL BEG TO KNOW YOUR SECRET: But whether you decide to tell them how you managed to create...
- WILL COMPLETELY RUIN YOU FOR STORE-BOUGHT RAVIOLI: Your family will never be satisfied with dried...
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO ASSEMBLE 12 HEAVENLY PILLOWS OF PERFECTION: The hand-washable metal cutting...
If you love homemade ravioli but don’t love all the time and hassle involved with making them, then you’ll want to pick up this top-quality ravioli cutter sealer from Bellemain. It makes it super easy to make 12 delicious pastas at the same time quickly and easily. You’ll want to make them all the time once you discover how easy it is!
- Makes 12 raviolis at a time
- The frame cuts and seals at the same time to save a ton of time
- Makes 1″ square stuffed pasta
- Hand washable
- Stick resistant plastic frame
“So there is certainly a learning curve to using this thing. Many of the negative reviews were from people who didn’t follow the instructions I think. Be sure to flour the whole thing really well so your dough doesn’t stick and then also don’t use any sort of water or egg wash to help seal them. This will make it all goopy and it won’t work well.”
“Make sure that your dough isn’t too dry of it’ll break when you put it into the mold. Also, a tablespoon of filling is just about the perfect amount for using this ravioli cutter and sealer. I’m honestly never ever making these things by hand without this machine again.”
Shop Now for this Ravioli Cutter
This ravioli maker cutter is one of our top choices for fresh stuffed pasta at home. Click below to find out more details about this popular product on Amazon:
#9: Hello Cucina Ravioli Cutter and Sealer
- [THE TASTE OF ITALY] - Make your own home-made fresh ravioli like an Italian Mama! With our Hello...
- [AMAZING DESIGN SEALS EVERY RAVIOLI FOR YOU] – The innovative metal cutting frame tray does all...
- [EASY TO USE] – Simply lay your pasta dough over the indents in the metal base and press down....
- [NOT ONLY FOR ITALIAN RAVIOLI] – This versatile mini ravioli maker is also designed to create...
- [MADE OF TWO HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS] – The cutting frame is made of aluminum alloy. The cover is a...
If you’re looking for the best ravioli maker, this one may well be it! It’s super easy to use. All you have to do is lay the dough flat on the tray. Then, fill the indents with whatever filling you want. Put another layer of dough on top and roll lightly. Close the top and this machine cuts and seals your ravioli. You don’t even need an egg wash to seal them. It really is that easy!
- Cutter and sealer mold
- Very easy to use
- Can use any kind of filling with it
- A cutting metal frame
- Can be used to make other kinds of stuffed things like dumplings
- Non-stick aluminum alloy
- Resistant to odours and bacteria
“Takes a bit of practice to get it just right but don’t give up! It’s totally worth it and I can now make homemade ravioli quickly and easily. There are no instructions so be sure to watch the video online first.”
“Love how easy this thing is to use! It’s a cutter and sealer all in one that’s easy to clean. I find that from start to finish, I can make ravioli in under an hour which is quite impressive and far shorter than it used to take when I cut and sealed them by hand.”
This is certainly one of the best ravioli moulds that you might want to consider. Head over to Amazon to find out all the details you need to know about one of the top options:
Compare Ravioli Cutters
Check out this handy comparison chat we put together for you with some of our top picks:
Homemade Ravioli FAQs
There are a number of common questions that people who like to make ravioli have about this process. Here are the answers to some of the most common ones.
What is a Pasta Cutter?
A pasta cutter usually has a stainless steel circle on the end that is designed to easily cut pasta in various shapes. They’re ideal for making ravioli and other stuffed pastas because a pasta maker does not usually come with a setting for this shape as it does with spaghetti or angel hair for example.
How Long Can Fresh Ravioli Sit Before Cooking?
Fresh ravioli can sit for an hour or two before cooking. You can also put it in the fridge for up to a day or two. Any longer, then you’ll want to put them into the freezer.
How do you Get the Air out of Ravioli?
To get the air out of ravioli, be sure to press around the mound to seal it. Then, press outward towards the edges to eliminate any air pockets. If you don’t get the air out, it can cook unevenly, or burst when cooking.
How to Make Homemade Ravioli
Do you want to find out more about making this delicious treat at home? Then you’ll need to check out this short video below for all the details that you need to know about making ravioli:
What do you Eat with Ravioli?
Ravioli, or stuffed pasta can often be a meal in itself. This is particularly true if served with marinara or brown butter sauce. However, you may want to serve it as a side dish for a lighter kind of meal as ravioli is usually quite rich.
How do you Keep Ravioli From Sticking?
After draining the ravioli, mix it with some oil to prevent sticking. Also be sure to stir the ravioli gently in the first minute or two of cooking. You’ll know the ravioli is done cooking when it floats to the top.
Do I Need a Pasta Dryer Rack?
Depending on the shape of pasta that you make, you may want to use a pasta dryer rack with it. You can hang flat noodles like linguine or fettuccine or flat noodles like lasagna from it. Doing so for one hour helps to prevent pasta from sticking during the cooking process. Or, you can dry it for a number of hours to extend the shelf life of your homemade pasta to a few days.
You can check out some of the best options right here:
Or, give this article a read: Pasta Dryer Racks.
How Many Calories in a Ravioli?
The number of calories in ravioli really depends on the size and fillings in it, as well as the sauce on top of it. However, ravioli generally contains between 40 and 100 calories per piece.
Where was Ravioli Invented?
Like most other pastas, Ravioli was invented in Italy. It’s most popular in Northern and central Italy.
Where Can I Buy a Ravioli Cutter Stamp?
The best place to find a ravioli cutter stamp is online because they can be a little bit difficult to find in stores. We recommend taking a look at the Amazon marketplace in your country to find the best combination of options along with low prices.
How to Use a Ravioli Cutter
Find out all the details you need to know about how to use a ravioli cutter in this helpful video below:
Check out the Top Options for Pasta Wheel Cutters
Have your say about the Best Pasta Cutter Wheel
What’s your top pick for a pasta cutter? Is it one of the options from this list, or do you prefer another brand? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other pasta enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2021-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API