Where do you keep your sponge and brush after washing your utensils? To ensure that they are well-drained, you will need a good sponge holder. If you do a random search on the internet, you will find that there are a lot of brands circulating in the market.In this article, we have listed five best sponge holders accepted by most users. Any wise consumer will know that investing in a quality sponge holder or sink caddy safeguards the health of their family.
The Best Sponge Holders
Check out this list and make a decision based on your budget and needs. You can also read the top five factors to consider when selecting a sponge holder later in the article. Are you ready? Let’s get to the best kitchen sink caddy for your needs! Keep on reading for the details that you’ll need to know.
#1: OXO Stainless Steel Sponge Holder
- Holds two sponges, scrubbies or steel wool pads
- Compact footprint is perfect for keeping sponges close at hand
- Open sides and ventilation holes allow for maximum aeration
- Convenient pour spout allows for draining soapy water
- Four feet prevent Holder from sticking to surfaces when wet; Durable, rust-proof stainless steel...
The compact design of this OXO Stainless Steel Sponge Holder ensures it can fit neatly on your sink. Its quality and durability is one thing that puts it above many models on the ranking list. Combine this with the fact that OXO Good Grips makes a ton of top-notch kitchen gadgets and we certainly have a winner!
Here are some of the main features of this fan-favorite sponge holder.
Features of this Sink Caddy
- It measures about 3 by 4.5 by 2.5 inches – ideal size for most sponges
- Can hold two sponges at a go
- Its lightweight (0.25) and four feet ensure high stability on any surface
- It has ventilation holes to allow maximum drainage and air circulation
- Can be disassembled to enhance its cleaning process
- The stainless steel is durable enough even in severe conditions
Customer Reviews for OXO Stainless Steel Sponge Holder
“I like the fact that it has an additional frame in the middle to separate the sponges. It also drains any excess water quite effectively.”
“From my experience so far, the plastic and steel used in its construction are both high-quality. The cleanish process is also very easy especially when the parts are taken apart.”
“For quite some time I have been stacking sponges and soaps on top of each other; obviously, that is not recommended. However, ever since I came across OXO, my work has been made a lot easier and the sponges drain off all the water.”
The Takeaway on this Steel Sponge Holder from OXO
OXO’s steel sponge holder is one of those quality products that has drawn different reactions from the users. If you are looking for a small and budget-friendly sponge holder, then this is your ideal choice. Although it is made of stainless steel, some users have complained of rusts, which is a drawback. Nevertheless, it is still one of the best currently in the market.
Do you want to pick up one of the best sponge holders? Then you’ll need to head over to Amazon and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Oxo Good Grips Sink Caddy
Do you want to find out more about this very popular kitchen sink caddy that’s at the top of our list? Then you’ll want to check out this review video for all the details you need to know:
#2: Adhesive Sponge Holder from KESOHOME
- WATERPROOF, UNIQUE STRONG TRANSPARENT adhesive hooks stick to surface for a long time, more durable...
- CONVENIENCE- Hold your sponge or scrub pad in kitchen, shower room right where you need them. Open...
- NO TOOLS, NO DRILLING, NO HOLES. Just peel off the cover and install the adhesive. This prevents any...
- GUARANTTE NOT RUST. SUS 304 Stainless steel material, waterproof and rust protection. Open design...
- DIMENSION: 7 in x 2 in x 2.8 in. We provide Quality Service by 5 years. When you have any quality...
KESO HOME prides itself on quality dishware and other kitchen accessories, and this adhesive sponge holder is no different. If you are looking for a sponge holder that can be mounted on your sink without any drilling, then this should on top of your choices. Made from quality stainless steel, your new KESOHOME product will be worth the investment.
Key Features of KESOHOME Adhesive Sponge Holder
- Can hold up to 15 lbs. of sponge weight
- Requires no additional tools for mounting as it employs the adhesive mechanism
- Its open design allows effective drainage of water and gives your scrubbers and sponges enough air supply
- The stainless steel prevents against any rusts and enhances its durability
“The sponge holders that I have previously tried have worked for a while then fail in the long run. However, with this product, once the sticker has adhered to the sink the holder snaps into it and makes it quite difficult to dislodge.”
“From my experience, this is an improvement from the “suction cup” version of this KESOHOME product. The main differences I have noted are the ease to keep clean and the strength of its adhesiveness.”
“The durability of this sponge holder is top-notch – I base this on the months that I have been using it. It also looks great and makes my sink look stylish. I picked up a new sink strainer at the same time and am very happy with my set-up.”
Summary for Adhesive Sponge Holder from KESOHOME
Are you having trouble with sticking your sponge holder to the sink? Well, this adhesive sponge holder from KESOHOME has proven to be one of – if not the – best solutions to that problem. The strength of its adhesive feature ensures that the sponge holder sticks perfectly.
Get Yours Today
Do you want to pick yourself up one of the best kitchen sink caddies? Then you’ll need to click the button below to head over to Amazon to check for the lowest prices:
Compare Sink Caddies
Do you want to see the head-to-head comparison for all the best sink caddies? Then you’ll want to check out this handy comparison chart we’ve put together for all the top sponge holders:
#3: Ceramic Sponge Holder from Scarlettwares
- Keep your kitchen clean and organized- Holds two sponge in an upright position allowing sponge to...
- Ceramic and finished in a classic bone white glaze (not a true white)
- Dishwasher Safe for easy cleaning
- Drainage Hole located at bottom so water doesn’t collect
- Designed by Scarlett Pons from Virginia, USA
If you love ceramic designs, then this sponge holder is for you. It has slots for two sponges that are held in an upright position. The size is perfect for the most common sponges and the drainage ensures no water remains stagnant in the holder.
- It is made from ceramic with a white bone-like finish
- It has a hole at the bottom to allow a continuous flow of the water out of the collection point
- Has two slots to hold two sponges
What do People Think about It?
“The two slots on this holder have proven quite useful for me. One of the slots is used to hold Scotch Brite, while the other helps me keep a small scrub brush.”
“I like stylish designs, and this sponge holder ticks all the boxes. A few visitors who have used my sink have commented on its appearance, and that says a lot about this product.”
“Apart from having a classy look, it does its job to perfection. My previous holders would not drain all the water and some of my sponges became stinky. However, I have not had that problem with this holder so far.’
The Takeaway on Scarlettwares’ Ceramic Sponge Holder
This sponge holder might look small but it does the job. It can hold two sponges or whatever cleaning tools you have in the slots provided. Another reason why most people love it is because of the stylish design. Considering these factors and its affordable price, we are confident that this product will fulfill your needs.
Where Can I Get It?
Do you want to learn more about this sponge caddy for a kitchen sink? You can head over to Amazon to find out all the details you need to know to decide if it’s the right option for you:
#4: Mountable Sponge and Brush Holder
- ➤WATERPROOF, UNIQUE STRONG TRANSPARENT adhesive hooks stick to surface for a long time, more...
- ➤2-in-1 Design Hold More. This caddy FITS 1 SPONGES & 1 BRUSH HOLDER. Keep your sponges and brush...
- ➤NO TOOLS, NO DRILLING, NO HOLES. Just peel off the cover and install the adhesive. This prevents...
- ➤GUARANTTE NOT RUST. SUS 304 Stainless steel material, waterproof and rust protection. Open design...
- ➤DIMENSION: 7.1 in x 3 in x 2.5 in. We provide Quality Service by 5 years. When you have any...
Do you want a sponge holder that will remain in one place all through? KESOHOME brings you another amazing product aimed at enhancing your cleaning process while making your home look neat. Here are some of the features that afforded this brush holder a place on the list.
- Large enough to fit a brush and a sponge
- It can hold up to 15 pounds
- Its adhesive hooks are strong enough to remain in place for a long time
- Doesn’t require any holes on the wall to hold it
- Small external size to avoid any inconvenience
Online Reviews for Mountable Sponge and Brush Holder
“I had a dish wand dripping soapy water at the office and decided to look for a solution. This mountable brush holder has since proven to be a worthy investment. It is three weeks now and it is still stuck in place.”
“The product performs its task exactly as described by the manufacturer. Assembling it does not need any technical skill and saves so much space which an advantage when I have many things to do in the sink.”
“Ever since I purchased this sponge holder, my sink has not only looked spacious but organize and neat too. I currently use it to hold two sponges and a scrubby.”
Summary for Mountable Sponge and Brush Holder
A mountable sponge holder is the way to go if your sink is always busy. With this product, you can have all your cleaning tools in one place. The sponges also drain all the water and remain dry and fresh for the next task.
Get It Today
Do you want to pick up one of these top quality dish scrubber holders? Then head over to Amazon and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for free shipping:
#5: Kitchen Sink Sponge Holder by iDesign Gia
- VERSATILE: Kitchen sink basket holds sponge, scrubber, scouring pad, drain stopper, and more! Great...
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN: Open bottom allows water to drain, letting sponges and scrubbers dry
- DURABLE: Stainless steel construction is rust resistant and matches any decor
- RELIABLE SUCTION: Dual plastic suction cups easily stick to smooth surfaces for convenient drainage
- COMPACT: Fits in most sinks, measures 5.75" x 2.25" x 2.5"
Do you like small-sized products that fulfill their objectives effectively? Well, this kitchen sink sponge manufactured by iDesign Gia fits the bill. Despite its low price, this sponge holder provides most of the features you will find in an expensive holder. Let us have a look at some of the main features you will enjoy.
- Made from stainless and rust-resistant steel
- It is quite durable
- It is versatile; can hold a scouring pad, sponge, drain stopper, or scrubber
- The clean and stylish design make it ideal both for home and office use
- Relies on two suction cups for a support mechanism
“For over a year, I have been using this sponge holder and I must say it’s been amazing. One drawback is that it keeps sliding off after a week or so but I can handle it.”
“Forget about the price, this sponge holder is everything you need in your sink. It matches perfectly with my sink and ensures that my sponge remains dry all the time.”
“At first it was a nightmare trying to stick it on the wall. However, these days I wet the area then stick it and it remains in place for long. I am glad I bought it because my countertop is now safe from the drips of soapy water.”
Should you Consider Buying iDesign Gia Kitchen Sink Sponge Holder
Whether you should consider buying this product depends on what you need. We have put it last on the list because it still uses the suction cup mechanism which has been overtaken by the adhesive one. Nonetheless, it performs its work as expected and gives your sink a classy appearance.
Learn More about this Sink Sponge Holder Caddy
Do you want to find out more? Then you’ll certainly want to head over to Amazon by clicking the button below and you can also check for the best prices:
Top 7 Factors to Consider When Buying a Sponge Holder
Sponge holders are not always on the top of the minds of most kitchen users. However, they play a crucial role in the cleaning of utensils and other important kitchenwares. Buying cheap sponge holders is only advantageous financially but the products may not healthy.
That is not to say all cheap sponge holders are poor. All you need to do is take care whenever you want to buy a new product to be used in your kitchen. Below is a list of some important factors to consider when purchasing a sponge holder.
#1: The Ease of Cleaning
The fact that the sponge holder keeps your cleaning materials, it is essential that it remains clean at all times. Some sponge holders can be difficult to clean because of their nature to hold dirt. You do not have to invest more time in cleaning a sponge holder when you can buy one that is easy to wash.
Since sponge holders are always coming into contact with water, the probability of rusting is quite high. However, this is always dependent on the type of material used in their design. The next time you buy a new sponge holder, make sure you consider its rust-resistance.
#3: Probability of Falling off
Some sponge holders are prone to falling off and that can be quite frustrating for any user. As such, you should do your research on the model you are planning to buy before investing in it.
Holders made from plastic materials are quite toxic and can transfer those particles to your utensils. Therefore, you should use non-plastic sponge holders that are BPA free.
#5: Assembly and Disassembly
Since the holders require regular cleaning, you will need to assemble and disassemble them now and then. As such, buying detachable holders is your ideal choice and will make your work a lot easier.
As with anything that you might consider buying, of course price is a consideration. In this case though, kitchen sink holders fall within a pretty narrow range of prices and the most expensive one isn’t really that much more money than the cheaper one. This makes price not a major factor for sink caddies.
#7: Customer Reviews
Before buying anything, it’s always prudent to find out what actual users think about the product. In this case, we recommend taking a look at the 3 and 4 star reviews on Amazon. This will usually give you the best indication of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses so that you can make the best decision about whether or not it’s right for your home kitchen.
Have your Say about the Best Sponge Holders
What’s your top pick for a kitchen sink caddy? Is it one of the options from this or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter. It’ll help other home cooks, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2020-04-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API