If you’re looking to make a delicious treat at home, then look no further than this french fry recipe. Keep on reading for all the details you need to know about one of the best ways to make fries that we know!
Double Fried French Fry Recipe
Homemade french fries are a delicious treat that the whole family will enjoy. They also make the perfect snack for a party of any kind. You’re sure to have people coming back to your place again and again once they get a taste of your Double Fried French Fry recipe!
Keep reading for the recipe and some tips and tricks to make them perfect, every single time. Are you ready for the goods? Let’s get to it!
Double-Fried French Fry Recipe
- Cut potatoes into thin strips. Kennebec or Russet Potatoes work best. You could also consider using a French Fry Cutter to ensure that the pieces are uniform in size. Plus, it can potentially save a lot of time by doing it this way.
- Rinse potatoes with lots of cold water. Put in a bowl or pan and cover completely with cold water. Add some ice. Let rest for at least 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Drain potatoes and wrap in a clean dishtowel or washcloth. Pat until thoroughly dry. This is important to prevent splatter when deep frying.
- Heat oil in your deep-fryer to 300 degrees F.
- Fry the potatoes in small batches for about five minutes. Remove and let drain on paper towels for at least 10 minutes, or up to a couple of hours.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F. Fry potatoes again for 5-10 minutes, until crispy and golden brown. Remove and place on paper towel.
- Salt and serve immediately. We serve with ketchup but you could offer a variety of dips and sauces. BBQ sauce, Siracha, or mayo for example.
Tips and Tricks for the Double-Fried French Fry Recipe
Do you want to know how to kick your fry making to the next level and rival any restaurant? Then you’ll need to check out our tips.
#1: Use a Deep-Fryer
While you can make double-fried French fries in a pan on the stovetop (something like this cast iron frying pan will work well), it’s best to use a deep-fryer. Deep fryers are much safer than frying something in a pan and it’s also possible to set the temperature easily, making for more accurate results.
You might also want to have a look at this handy comparison chart below:
#2: Lawry’s Seasoning Salt is Key!
If you’re serious about making your double-fried French fries really, really delicious, you’ll need to use Lawry’s Seasoning Salt. It’ll kick your homemade French fries up to the next level of addictiveness. Trust me. If you use this seasoning salt, your fries are guaranteed to be gone within five minutes. Better have that second batch ready to go!
#3: Don’t Skip the Second Frying for the Double Fried French Fry Recipe
Many people don’t know this, but all delicious French fries are fried twice. While it may be temping to fry them only once, saving a bit of time and skipping a bit of the mess, don’t do it. They’ll end up a bit soggy and won’t turn out like you want them to. Trust us on this one! Always double-fry french fries!
Learn more about Double-Fried French Fries
Guy from the food network has lots of tips and ideas for how to double fry French Fries to get some amazing results. Check out his video for all the details you need to know.
Do you Have a Recommendation for a French Fry Cutter?
If you want to kick your french fry making to the next level, then you’re going to want to seriously consider getting yourself a french fry cutter. They’re super easy to use and can save you a ton of time if you have a big family.
But, the best part is that it makes all the fries the exact same size. This is ideal for deep frying because you’ll be able to make all of the fries the perfect doneness, instead of having some overdone, and then some a little bit soggy.
You can see all of our top picks here: French Fry Cutters.
- The lower part of the cutter device is designed with a curved shape to easily fit potatoes
- Two interchangeable blades. Two size cut options for regular size or thinner gourmet style French...
- Restaurant quality fry cut, great for other produce: cucumbers, zucchinis, radishes, apples and more
- Diet-friendly, ideal preparation for weight loss watch and portion control. Easy to clean, just...
- 100% Culina Satisfaction Guarantee
Double Fried French Fry Recipe: What do you Think?
What do you think about our simple homemade french fry recipe? Leave a comment below with your #1 tip for deep-frying up potatoes at home. Also let us know if you have a favourite deep-fryer that you’d like to recommend and why you like it. We’d love to hear from you.
Please give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. It’ll help other French Fry enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2021-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API