Are you looking for a quick and easy meal for your family tonight? Then you may want to consider this super easy slow cooker beef stew recipe. Keep on reading for all the details you need to know about how to make beef stew in a crockpot.
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
Are you and your whole family meat lovers? If you are, you must have been warned by your friends and loved ones about the health risk of frequently eating meat. We’ve got good news for you though. If you can’t avoid meat, choose the healthier one instead. Choose beef!
There are so many dishes you can cook with beef. Don’t worry if you don’t have too much experience in the kitchen because we can share with you one healthy recipe you and your whole household will surely love. You can try the Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe.
The recipe we have here can serve up to six members in your household. What makes it a healthier option over the other meats is that, you’ll use less meat and more vegetables for the ingredients.
This is undoubtedly a rich and hearty dish but it is also full of Vitamin A, fiber and Beta Carotene. The Slow Cooker Beef Stew recipe is perfect to try on a weekend when everybody’s at home. Surely, when your children and spouse get to taste this, they won’t wish for a trip to the restaurant anymore.
- 2 pounds beef , cubed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil (preferably vegetable oil)
- 1-2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups canned broth (beef broths)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- bay leaf
- 2 rutabagas, cubed
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 parsnips, diced:
- Rub the beef with salt and pepper.
- In a large, heavy Dutch oven, heat about one teaspoon oil. Set your oven at ‘medium-high’.
- In batches, add your beef to the pot or stoneware.
- Let it cook without stirring. Wait for the beef to turn dark brown.
- Start stirring and keep on cooking until all you see all sides seared. This will take up to ten minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the beef to a clean plate. Do the same with the remaining meat. If you see the bottom part of the pan getting too dark, pour some more water or broth. Pour over the liquid mixture on the beef and continue cooking.
- Lower the heat setting at ‘medium.’ Add the last teaspoon of oil to your pot. Put the celery and onions. Cook until you see the onions turning brown for about ten minutes. Add the minced garlic. Wait until the beef mixture becomes fragrant. This can take about 30 seconds. Add the flour and tomato paste and cook for one minute.
- Set the heat setting at ‘medium-high.’ Pour the broth over and bring to boil as you scrap the brown bits from the pan. Add the beef, including the juices it accumulated. Then, add the bay leaf and the thyme and ring to a simmer. Cook until it becomes fork-tender. Season with salt and pepper (check out: salt and pepper mills).
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Need more tips and tricks for making this popular dish the easier way? Check out this recipe in the video below:
Need a Slow Cooker Recommendation?
Are you excited to try this rich yet healthy Beef Stew recipe? Be sure you have a slow cooker to successfully try this. If you don’t have one yet, you might want to try the Proctor Silex Slow Cooker.
At a reasonable cost, this cookware is perfect for those who are not confident to try dishes in the kitchen. You need no expertise to cook meals for your loved ones with this cooking gadget. Actually, everything you need to cook beef stew (and more) are already now within your reach!
Have your Say about this Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
What are your thoughts about this recipe for beef stew in the crockpot? Leave a comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other home cooking enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.