Are you looking for a simple, delicious weeknight meal that you can make before you go to work and then come home at the end fo the day? Slow cooker chili might be exactly what you need. Keep on reading for our secret family recipe, along with tips and tricks to get your dinner on!
Slow Cooker Chili Recipe to Spice Up Family Meals
Do you want to prepare something simple yet special for your family? Then, cook a yummy dish for them. This food needs not be complicated to prepare. You don’t even have to be an expert cook to make your husband and kids’ tummy satisfied.
Delicious and Simplex
What you need is a slow cooker to keep you company as you prepare your loved ones’ meal. This kitchen gadget can cook almost everything your household craves for. Don’t worry if you haven’t tried any recipe using a slow cooker yet. We have the Slow Cooker Chili Recipe for you to confidently follow and try.
Only Three Quick Steps to Make Chili
The Slow Cooker Chili Recipe we’re sharing with you is so simple. It only takes three steps to make this your signature dish and specialty. And, if you don’t have a slow cooker yet, it’s never too late to get one!
Our Top-Rated Crock Pot
Consider getting the Proctor Silex Portable Slow Cooker. This is ideal for potlucks too, as it has easy grip handles so you can conveniently bring it wherever you need it.
Helpful Tips for Making Chili in the Crock Pot
Before you try the Slow Cooker Chili Recipe, we’ve got a few good and helpful tips for you when using this kitchen must-have. Read on!
- Clear some space in the kitchen, preferably the counter-top.
- Prepare your recipe and make sure it is easily accessible.
- Put all your ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover the pot with the lid.
- Set the timer to your desired cooking time.
- Leave it and attend to your other chores.
- Let the slow cooker do the cooking alone.
1 lb. ground beef (browned)
2 cans dark kidney beans (drained)
1 can tomato sauce
Can fresh tomatoes
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
3 garlic cloves, diced
2 cups water
1 packet chili seasoning
Jalapeno peppers, diced to taste (or hot sauce)
Salt and pepper to taste (see: best salt and pepper grinders)
Corn chips, sour cream and cheese for the topping. You can serve this dish with toast, rice, or tortilla chips.
- When your beef turns brown, and the grease is drained, place the meat in your stoneware or crockpot. Then, fry the onions, garlic and peppers until brown. Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and the chili seasoning into the crockpot. Pour the water. Stir continuously until the mixture is well combined.
- Cook the meat mixture on ‘low’ for up to seven hours. You can also set it on ‘high’ for four hours.
- Transfer your cooked dish to the serving plate and serve the dish with your all-time favorite chili toppings. This is when you put on the corn chips and cheese.
Perfect after a Tiring Day at Work
With this easy recipe, you can confidently volunteer to bring the dish to your family get together. Or, after a tiring day at work and in school, treat the whole family with this tasty Slow Cooker Chili Recipe.
Pair with a Nice Bowl of Rice
To make sure that your spouse and kids get the energy they need for some major activities and big projects, partner this chili dish with a bowl of steaming rice cooked in your rice cooker. Once you try this easy Slow Cooker Chili Recipe, you’ll surely want to cook more! Lucky you because most slow cookers come with free recipes.
Do you Have any Recommendations for a Slow Cooker?
We’re happy that you’ve asked! We most certainly do have a few favourites. You can check them out here: The Best Crock Pots. Or, check out this handy comparison chart below:
Easy Slow Cooker Chili
Another recipe you can try out to make an easy meal for your family:
Have your Say about this Slow Cooker Recipe
What do you think about this slow cooker recipe for chili? Is there another recipe that you’d like to share with us. Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. Or, share some tips and tricks with up for slow cooker cooking.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. It’ll help other busy moms and dads, like yourself find this useful resource.