If baking is your passion, then you’ll need the best equipment to achieve whatever you desire. One of the essential requirements, whether you are a seasoned baker or a beginner, is a dependable set of cookie sheets or baking sheets. Top quality ones can make the difference between a great experience and one that’s a ton of hassle!
Baking Sheets: Top 7 Options
So, what makes a great baking sheet? In this article, we have narrowed down to seven proven models that will enhance your baking skills. We have also included some reviews from customers who have had first-hand experience with these baking sheets.
Keep on reading for all the details you need to know about our best baking sheets for home cooks.
#1: Rachael Ray Nonstick Cookie Sheets
- Set includes: 9-Inch by 13-Inch cookie sheet, 10-Inch by 15-Inch cookie sheet and 11-Inch by 17-Inch...
- Durable bakeware set: These cookie pans are made from heavy gauge steel that resists warping to keep...
- Versatile cookie sheets: Long-lasting nonstick cookie sheets provide excellent food release when...
- Handles the heat: bold-colored, extra-wide grippy handles on the pans provide a confident grasp...
- Feel good bakeware: A portion of the proceeds goes to Yum-o, Rachael’s nonprofit that helps kids...
Rachael Ray is already a favourite option for most users when it comes to kitchenware. This non-stick bakeware is another exceptional product that offers the best features for any recipe. This three-piece set provides a wide range of size options for your cooking needs.
- Made from heavy-gauge steel that is warp-resistant
- The rust-resistant material makes it one the most durable bakeware
- Ideal for a wide range of recipes; supports roasting, toasting, and baking
- Has a comfortable grip
- Oven safe for about 500 degrees F
Customer Reviews for Rachael Ray Baking Sheets
“The pans have a slick design with perfect thickness. I have already used them to prepare cookies and so far I am pleased.”
“The fact that it comes in a three-piece set makes it my go-to model because of the size options. The pans are also easy to store since they stick on each other.”
“Some of the recipes I bake require very high temperatures and luckily enough, these pans from Rachael Ray can do the job. They are also very easy to clean because of their non-stick feature.”
The Takeaway on Rachael Ray Cookie Sheets
With Rachael Ray, there are a lot of baking options from which you can choose. The non-stick feature and the sizes of the three pieces are some of the reasons why many customers have made this model their favorite. Also, the set comes at a very affordable price.
Does this cookie sheet set from Rachel Ray sound like exactly what you need to take your baking to the next level? Then you’ll definitely want to head over to Amazon to find out more about them and don’t forget to see if they’re eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#2: Silicone Baking Mat by AmazonBasics
- 2 non-stick silicone baking mats for easy and convenient baking
- No need for oil, cooking sprays, or parchment paper
- Oven-safe up to 480 degrees F
- Fits half-sheet size pans; easy to clean
- Each baking mat measures approximately 11.6x16.5 inches (LxW)
At a very affordable price, AmazonBasics gives you one of the most dependable baking mats. The package comes with a set of two baking mats designed with a non-stick mechanism. It is ideal for just about anything you can bake in your kitchen. Check out some of its main features below.
Key Features of Silicone Baking Mat by AmazonBasics
- Measures 11.6 by 16.5 inches each – a perfect size for half sheet pans
- Can be used at temperatures of about 480 degrees F
- They are both easy to clean and maintain
- Built with non-stick features hence no need for parchment papers
User Reviews of these Cookie Mats
“I have been using these mats for a little more than six months. So far, each baking mat has done a pretty good job but they burn if the 400-degree ark is exceeded.”
“At such a favorable price, I was able to purchase two mats that have since proven to be my favorite bakeware in my kitchen. Cleaning has not been a problem and I could even wash them ten times a day without getting frustrated. I also got a cookie shooter at the same time and now cookies area total breeze.”
“Once my cookies or oven pizzas are ready, I can just slide them off the mats without any problem. Also, they are easy to store since you can just roll them up to save cabinet space.”
Summary for Silicone Baking Mat by AmazonBasics
AmazonBasics have been in the market for several years and this time they bring you these superb baking mats. There are a lot of reasons why this should be your go-to model; one of them is the wide range of recipes it supports. They are also quite easy to clean since the surface prevents any food from sticking.
Get Yours Today
Do you want to pick up some of the best cookie sheets for yourself? Then you’ll want to click the button below to head over to Amazon to find out more:
Compare Baking Sheets
Do you want to see how our top picks for cookie baking sheets stack up against each other in a head-to-head comparison? Then you’ll definitely need to take a look at this handy chart that we’ve put together right here:
#3: 13-inch Cookie Sheet by Good Cook
- Heavy Duty Easy Clean Non-Stick Coating
- Ideal For Cookies
- Dishwasher Safe
- Professional gauge steel construction protects against warping, staining, breaking or scratching
- Metal spatula safe
This bakeware from Good Cook gives you all the confidence you need when baking even the most complex recipes. You can prepare greasy foods without worrying about staining because of its non-stick feature. Enjoy the excellent performance with this top-quality baking sheet and serve your loved ones the best food.
- Made of heavy-gauge and rust-resistant steel
- The inner area has a non-stick coating to enhance your baking
- The strength of the material prevents warping
- Can be used to bake various recipes but it is ideal for cookies
- A metal spatula can be used since it doesn’t leave any scratches
What do People Think About it?
“As a regular user of this baking sheet, I can confidently say it is worth the investment – at least so far. Even at over 475 degrees F, there has been no notable distortion.”
“When I ordered this baking pan for its quoted price, I didn’t expect much from it. I must say I have been surprised and at the same time impressed by the quality of its output; thanks to Good Cook.”
“I was looking for a pan that was just a perfect size for two people, and this one checked all the boxes. Also, it is quite easy to clean and maintain even for its price.”
The Takeaway on this Cookie Sheet from Good Cook
If you are looking for a cheap, yet high-quality baking pan to prepare small amounts of food, then this cookie sheet is your ideal choice. Do not expect too much from a pan that costs under $10 but this one has all the qualities you need. Order today and enjoy a great baking experience.
Where Can I Get these Cookie Sheets?
Do these oven sheet pans sound like exactly what you need to get your baking on in style? Then head over to Amazon to check for the best prices now:
#4: Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Half Baking Sheet
- Naturals commercial bakeware is made of pure aluminum which will never rust for a lifetime of...
- Foods bake and brown evenly due to aluminum’s superior heat conductivity. Reinforced encapsulated...
- Compatible with parchment paper or silicone baking mats if desired. Easy clean up; hand wash...
- Pan exterior dimensions 17.88 x 12.88 x 1.06 inches and interior dimensions 16.5 x 11.38 x 1 inches
- Proudly made in the USA by Nordic Ware
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum half sheet is one of the best American-made baking sheets. Among the main reasons why most professional bakers consider it is because of its lightweight, heat distribution, and size.
Key Features of these Baking Sheets
- Large and strong enough to hold a dozen or more cookies
- Made from rust-resistant aluminum which enhances its durability
- Its superior heat distribution ensures that food brown and bakes evenly
- It is quite easy to clean – it’s recommended that you hand wash
- The steel rim makes it warp-resistant
Online Reviews for the Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Half Sheet
“I have been using this baking sheet for a few years now and I must say I have been impressed. Roasting my vegetables at over 450 degrees F hasn’t been a problem so far.”
“As opposed to a single huge pan, this jelly-roll-sized baking sheet is quite easy to clean and it’s perfect for making pizza. This is what makes these items the most used in my kitchen these days.”
“Any heavy food I have baked using this Nordic Ware Natural sheet has come out perfectly cooked. I usually use a parchment paper under the cookies to prevent any sticking.”
Summary for Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Half Cookie Sheet
If you are not a fan of dishwashing then this Nordic Natural Aluminum Half Sheet is your perfect fit. It is by far one of the easiest to clean even after baking sticky materials. One way of taking care of this pan is by handwashing it and avoiding metal spatula.
Where Can I Get Them?
We recommend taking a look at these cooking sheets on Amazon because you’ll usually be able to find the best prices. Head over there now:
#5: New Star Foodservice Aluminum Cookie Sheet
- This food contact safe aluminum pan boasts great strength and durability. Use this pan to easily...
- Sheet/Bun Pan made of Heavy Gauge Commercial aluminum and is designed to withstand both cold...
- New Star foodservice sheet pan’s aluminum construction, it heats up and cools down quickly. Its...
- The tapered sides on this pan make it easy to stack and store multiple pans when they're not in use....
- Hand Wash Only To preserve quality, this item should only be hand-washed and sanitized. SIZE: 9" L x...
This heavy-rimmed baking sheet from New Star Foodservice comes with a lot of amazing features. Apart from its durability, the strength of the material used in its design makes it ideal for almost any recipe. Transferring food from the oven is also a lot comfortable because of its grip area.
- Made of thick commercial aluminum that withstands any temperature conditions
- Has very high heat conductivity which makes your baking process a lot faster
- It has a concave bottom that flattens when heated to enhance heat distribution
- Sturdy enough to support heavy food and dishes without bending
- It is durable even when used in severe conditions
- Can be stored in stacks, hence saving space in your kitchen shelves
- It is recommended that you hand-wash only
“This aluminum sheet is large enough for most recipes, especially baking pies. It protects my oven from spills and enhances the baking process.”
“Its stylish finish and round-over edges are just some of the reasons why I love this baking sheet. The quality of the aluminum used for its construction also makes it a bargain considering its affordable price. It’s perfect for baking cookies or homemade pizza.”
“As soon as I pulled it out of the box, I was convinced that it is better than most baking sheets I have used before. I have always been concerned about aluminum sheets but I have had no issues with this product from New Star Foodservice thus far.”
Should you consider buying New Star Foodservice Aluminum Baking Sheet
Based on the quality and size of this baking sheet, we highly recommend it if you are more concerned about protecting your oven from spills. It covers a maximum area and its high heat conductivity ensures that your food cooks evenly. In addition to all these features, it comes at a very affordable price.
Find Out More
Do you want to learn more about this non warping cookie sheet? Then click the button below to check it out on Amazon and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#6: Calphalon NonStick Baking Sheet Set
We love to recommend Calphalon products here at Kitchen Gadget Reviews. They have a thoughtful design combined with top-notch materials and exacting manufacturing standards. And of course, the best warranties in the business along with great customer service. There isn’t much not to love!
As far as the Calphalon baking sheet set goes, it’s no exception to this. If you want some cookie sheets for the rest of your life, these may certainly be the ones you’ll want to opt for. Keep reading to find out what’s to like about them.
- 4 piece set (2 baking sheets + 2 cooling racks)
- Upturned ends make it easy to grasp and pick up
- Heavy gauge steel ensures even heating
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe to 500 degrees F
- Lifetime warranty
- Top-notch customer support
“So who wouldn’t want a product that has a lifetime warranty, right? That’s why I decided to go for the Calphalon baking sheets as opposed to the other ones that I saw. As far as using them goes, these things are awesome and turn out perfect cookies, every single time. Nice and crispy and never burnt.”
“I love this cookie sheet set so much and especially like the fact that it comes with two sheets and two cooling racks. If you make even a single batch of cookies, this is essentially what you need to get the job done!”
Get Yours Today
Do you want to pick up this top-quality cookie sheet set for your home? You can easily find it online so click the button below to check for the best prices:
#7: USA Pan Heavy Gauge Baking Sheet
- Large cookie sheet with raised edge for a secure, easy grip; commercial grade and heavy gauge...
- USA Pan baking pans feature Americoat which promotes quick release of baked-goods plus fast and easy...
- Nonstick Americoat coating - a patented silicone coating which is PTFE, PFOA and BPA free - provides...
- Baking surface Dimensions: 17 x 12.25 inches; outer pan Dimensions: 18 x 13.9375 x 0.750 inches;...
- USA Pan is a Bundy family company which has proudly manufactured high quality bakeware and provided...
If you’re looking for a baking sheet that doesn’t warp, then consider this heavy gauge one from USA Pan. Besides the extra heft, it also has a ton of features that you’ll love. Keep on reading to find out what we like so much about it.
- Large size (also small and medium options)
- Warp resistant
- Made from aluminized steel
- Silver in color
- Raised edges for easy gripping
- Lifetime warranty
- Americoat offers easy release of baked goods
- Easy to clean
- Don’t use metal objects on these
- Made in the USA
“Okay, so I honestly got so tired of my cookie sheets warping after what seemed like just a few months. That’s when I decided to get some heavier ones and found these ones. Honestly, I’m just so much happier with them and so far, so good after a couple years of heavy use. Just be sure to use plastic or wood lifters to not damage the non-stick surface.”
“So in love with these baking sheets! They’re really heavy and haven’t warped yet. Plus, the coating! My cookies basically just slid off with a little tap from my spatula. Quite impressive.”
The Takeaway on these USA Pan Baking Sheets
If you’re looking for some heavy gauge cookie sheets that’ll last you a lifetime, then consider these ones. They are a bit more expensive than some of the other options on this list but they’re top-quality products and we think you’ll be as happy with yours as we are with ours.
Shop Now for Cookie Sheets that Don’t Warp
Do you want to pick up this heavy gauge baking sheet for your home kitchen that’ll last you a lifetime? Head over to Amazon by clicking the button below to find the best prices:
Top 7 Factors to Consider when Buying a Baking Sheet
There are a number of important things you’ll want to think about when choosing a cookie sheet that’s right for your home kitchen.
#1: Size of Cookie Sheets
How many people will you be serving at a given time? If you have a large family, extra-large bakeware would be ideal. Also, the number of delicacies you are planning to prepare at a go will determine the size of the pan you’ll need. Also, the external size of the baking sheet should be able to fit into your oven.
#2: Heat Conductivity
Uniform heat distribution is among the key factors that ensure high-quality baking results. This feature is highly dependent on the type of material used to design the pan. Stainless steel and carbon steel are the two commonly used materials but the latter requires more time to conduct heat.
#3: Versatility of Baking Sheets
Which type of food do you want to bake? Some pans allow you to bake various types of food while others are designed to handle specific recipes. Therefore, you will need to list all the meals you want to prepare before deciding on which bakeware to purchase.
#4: Handling Mechanism
The design of your pan’s handle is very crucial especially when dealing with temperatures. Transferring food on certain baking sheets can be very challenging if the handling mechanism is not favorable. A secure grip is also dependent on how much space is provided by your baking sheet.
Depending on the material used, maintaining your baking sheet can either be easy or frustrating. Some models require too much of your time and a specific method to ensure optimum performance. As such, consider both of these factors before investing in certain types of baking sheets.
As with anything, price if of course a major factor when deciding which cookie sheet is right for you. There are some very cheap ones on the market today while there are certainly some premium ones that costs 4-5x more.
In general, we recommend sticking with the middle range baking sheets and going up to the highest priced ones if you can afford it. You’ll find that these ones have a much nicer finish to them that is truly nonstick and that they’ll be far more durable and less susceptible to warping than the thinner, cheaper baking pans and sheets.
#7: Customer Reviews
It’s prudent to check customer reviews before buying anything, including an oven sheet pan. In this case, we recommend taking a look at the 3 and 4 star reviews on Amazon. You’ll find that these will give you a great indication of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses so that you can decide if that specific cookie sheet is right for your home kitchen and needs.
Baking Sheet FAQs
There are a number of questions that people have about baking sheets and cookie sheets. Here are the answers to some of the most common ones.
What’s the Difference Between a Cookie Sheet and a Baking Sheet?
Cookie sheets and baking sheets are often used interchangeably but there are a few subtle differences. Although both are rectangular and metal, cookies sheets have a raised edge so that the cookies can slide off easily. However, baking sheets have all their edges raised, to about an inch high and they can be used for other purposes like roasting veggies.
What is a Cookie Sheet Used For?
A cookie sheet is a flat, rectangular metal pan that is used to bake things in the oven with. It’s often used for cookies, bread, pastry, and other flat food products like pizza, Cwiss rolls, sheet cakes, etc.
How to Clean a Dirty Baking Sheet?
Do you want to know the secret to cleaning a really dirty baking sheet? Check out this video from Rachel Ray for all the details you need to know:
What is a Baking Sheet Made Of?
A baking sheet or cookie sheet is made of different kinds of metal. However, the most common material is aluminum which is light, durable and doesn’t warp easily even with high heat.
Why do Cookie Sheets Bend in the Oven?
Cookie sheets can bend in the oven if it’s too thin and the stress from heating may cause it to buckle or twist. You can tell if your metal baking sheet is under stress if you hear popping or cracking during cooking. To prevent this, consider getting a thicker cookie sheet which can withstand the heat expansion better.
Why do Cookies Stick to the Cookie Sheet?
Some recipes don’t require greasing the cookie sheet because there’s enough fat in the recipe to prevent sticking. Greasing the sheet with this kind of recipe may mean that your cookies will flatten out too much. However, if a recipe calls for greasing but you don’t, expect the cookies to stick.
Have your Say about the Best Baking Sheet
What’s your top pick for baking sheets and cookie sheets? Is it one of the options from this list or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other people who love baking, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2021-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API