Who doesn’t like pizza? Anybody and everybody in the world seems to love this popular Italian dish. Because of this, different pizza toppings have been developed. Even the pizza dough now comes in different types.
Most cooking experts have now even developed healthy pizza crusts to ensure their family is eating right. Pizza dough comes in various sizes and shapes, too. If you know how to make homemade pizza dough, you can enjoy pizza anytime you want.
Whether it’s square, round or rectangular that you want for your pizza, so possible. All you need is an efficient and high-quality pizza pan or stone to serve your family and loved ones at home. Don’t worry if you are not an expert in the kitchen.
Even if you don’t know how to cook, the easy steps of how to make homemade pizza dough will make you feel like a pro. Serve with full confidence the best-tasting pizza anytime following the recipe below. This particular crust only takes 30 minutes to prepare and cook.
How to Make Pizza Dough at Home
Ingredients for Homemade Pizza Dough
Here’s what you need to get started:
- 1 pack (about .25 ounces) dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- One cup warm water
- 2-1/2 cups baking flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
It only takes 3 easy steps to bake the homemade pizza dough. Here’s how:
1. Preheat your oven to 230°C or 450°F. In a big mixing bowl, dissolve the sugar and yeast in warm water. Let it stand until it becomes creamy. Leave the mixture for about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the oil, salt and flour. Beat until it becomes smooth and let it rest for 5 minutes.
3. Turn the dough onto a slightly floured surface and roll in circular motion to make round shapes. You can use a wood rolling pin for this purpose too. Transfer the dough using a pizza shovel to a lightly greased pizza stone. Spread on top of the dough pizza sauce, then your chosen pizza toppings and bake it in your preheated oven for up or 20 minutes or until the dough turns golden brown. Leave it until the pizza becomes cool for about 5 minutes and serve.
You can use an aluminum foil to keep your pizza moist, bake it evenly and clean the stone or pan up easily.
All About Pizza Stones
Having a pizza stone at home is like having your own pizza parlor. With this in your kitchen, you can throw a pizza party with your relatives and friends. And because you’ll learn how to make homemade pizza, Sundays and holidays will mean pizza days with your spouse and kids.
If you don’t have your own pizza stone at home yet, you may check out the Lodge Pro-Logic Cast Iron Pizza Pan on Amazon. It’s the website’s No. 1 bestseller in pizza stones. For more options, you may also look for the other pizza pans and stones from the Top 5 Pizza Stones.
These are the five best pizza-baking companions you can choose according to your preference and needs. The items in the list are all affordably priced, features-filled and of highest quality. There surely is one pizza stone that suits exactly what you need. They’ll help you make delicious pizza in style!
- Made of Cordierite stone, no odor; Heat resistant up to 1,450°F (787°C) and excellent thermal...
- Great for cooking fresh or frozen pizza on the grill or in the oven. Perfect for baking pizza, bread...
- Measures 14.9" by 11.8". Golden thickness 0.6"(15mm), weighs up to 6.6Lbs, distributes heat evenly...
- Draw out moisture from dough, make pizza or flatbread with crispy crusts, avoiding the sogginess...
- 【Warning】Never use soap or detergent to clean the stone! Never season pizza stone with oil or...
Tips for Making Delicious Pizza Dough
If you want to kick your pizza making to the next level and make pizza dough that rivals any restaurant, you’re going to want to check out these top tips:
- Stretch your dough at room temperature. Gluten, which binds the dough together is more pliable when warm.
- Use olive oil in your workspace to avoid sticking. Use it liberally in place of flour to avoid a sticky mess!
- Stretch the dough by pressing down with your hands. It can look quite impressive to toss the dough in the air in order to stretch it out but this usually isn’t the most effective option.
- Consider using a kitchen scale instead of measuring cups for measuring out your pizza dough ingredients. It’s often more accurate and you may find that you get better results.
- Experiment with different types and brands of flour. Some are better than others and you won’t know until you try them and see.
- No time to make dough? Just buy it. It’s not terrible and you can still make some pretty decent pizza at home!
- For toppings, less is often more. Consider combinations carefully, instead of throwing everything but the kitchen sink on there.
Pizza Topping Ideas: Top 10 Ideas
Do you need some inspiration for toppings besides tomato sauce and cheese? Here are the 10 most popular ones in the world according to the HuffPost
Quick and Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
Have your Say about Making Homemade Pizza Dough
Did you learn how to make homemade pizza dough? We hope so! Do you have any tips or tricks that you’d like to share with us? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other home cooking enthusiasts who love homemade pizza, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2021-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API