Do you want to up your baking game? Well, you can, but not without one very important tool – a rolling pin! If your recipe requires the spreading of doughs, then this roly-poly tool will come in handy. You can use it in the preparation of elastic pizza dough, cookies, and any other product that requires rolling.
Some cooks still use a wine bottle to flatten their dough. Well, it is an old-school technique that might work but as a pro, you really need something professional! A simple google search will show you a wide range of expertly designed products that will do the job perfectly. But why go far when you can find all you want from our review? Read on and learn about different rolling pins available in the market.
Best Rolling Pin: Top 6 to Choose From
Are you ready to get into the best rolling pins? Then keep on reading our handy list as we preview the top items that you might want to consider. And, get ready to level up your baking and cooking game!
#1: Joseph Joseph Adjustable Rolling Pin
- Adjustable rolling pin evenly flattens dough to ensure uniform baking
- Solid beech construction with etched pastry-width measurement guide
- 1/16, 1/6, 1/4, and 3/8-inch removable discs make it simple to roll to a desired thickness
- Great for pizza and pie crusts, tarts, cookies, and more; hand-wash for best results
- Measures 2-1/2 by 16-1/2 by 2-1/2-inch
First on the list is the adjustable rolling pin by Joseph Joseph. Stop guessing your way into pizza preparation when there is a helping hand around. The clever design by Joseph Joseph ensures an even thickness of the final dough. Check out some of the most important features to look out for if you are planning to add this to your cart in the future.
- Designed from wood and calibrated plastic rings held in place by plastic screws
- It has four removable discs on each end to ensure you roll to the desired thickness
- Has a 16.5-inch length and a diameter of 2.5 inches
- Suitable for pie crusts, cookies, and tarts
- Hand-washing is recommended
- Ideal for all kinds of dough
Customer Reviews for the Joseph Joseph Adjustable Rolling Pin
“This rolling pin works perfectly as described by the manufacturer and the results speak for themselves. What I loved most is the clear markings on the rings which helped me choose the length and thickness quite easily.”
“I never thought I would come up with perfect dough spreadings for my cookies until I came across this tool by Joseph Joseph. It has a smooth surface coupled up with its fantastic markings that come in handy when you are all about uniformity. It’s probably the best rolling pin for dough in my opinion.”
“I inherited a rolling pin from my mother – I believe it was a ten-dollar product. The results were always decent but I still decided to buy this one following great reviews. Well, I must say it has proven to be one of the best purchases in my kitchen thus far.”
The Takeaway on Joseph Joseph Rolling Pin
You can search the market for the best rolling pin, but – trust us – this will remain among the top on that list. Joseph Joseph is known for its innovations that simplify kitchen work. This tool is one of those things that make work easier, especially for new bakers. Therefore, if you are a newbie, we would recommend the Joseph Joseph 20085 rolling pin as part of your starter pack.
Does this wooden rolling pin sound like the right option for you? Then you’ll want to head over to Amazon to find out more details about it and don’t forget to check and see if it’s eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Joseph Joseph Rolling Pin Review
Do you want to find out more about our top pick for rolling pins? Then you’ll want to check out this video on YouTube to see it in action:
#2: Ultra Cuisine Professional French Rolling Pin
- Create perfectly rolled dough with the smooth 100% stainless steel non-porous surface. Roll cookies,...
- Sense the thickness of the dough with the slightly tapered pin under your hands. Unlike rollers with...
- Chill the rolling pin in the freezer to prevent dough from becoming warm too quickly. Stainless...
- Designed with a brushed matte finish of stainless steel that will not absorb any odors, colors or...
- Kid friendly for clay, play doh, arts and crafts. 15.75" long, 1.5" diameter, weighs 10 oz & cleans...
How long have you been in this sweet world of baking? Whether you are a seasoned baker or looking for your first-ever rolling pin, Ultra Cuisine has got your back. This expertly designed pin is not just another tool, but one that will remain in your kitchen for many years to come.
Bake like a pro and let your family see the good cook in you by using the Ultra Cuisine Professional French Rolling Pin. It’s our top choice for a rolling pin without handles.
Key Features of the Ultra Cuisine Professional French Rolling Pin
- Made of smooth, non-porous stainless steel
- Suitable for cookies, pizza, pasta, fondant, and ravioli among others
- It is slightly tapered to help you know the dough’s thickness as you roll
- Its cooling mechanism ensures that the door doesn’t warm up in the process
- The steel material does not discolorize or absorb odors from your recipes
User Reviews for this Stainless Steel Rolling Pin
“My biggest worry was the lack of rolling handles, but I was in for a surprise. In fact, I have really enjoyed using this pin more than those with handles.”
“I have been using a marble rolling pin for some time but its weight forced me to find an alternative. Well, guess what, a few searches brought me straight to Ultra Cuisine. It does a similar job as the marble pin and is even lighter.”
“If you asked me which is my best culinary tool purchases, this would be the one. Its simplicity makes it more effective because of the control you’ll have on the size of your dough. I believe this pin will be in my kitchen for many years to come.”
Summary for Ultra Cuisine Professional French Rolling Pin
Ultra Cuisine’s French rolling pin made it to this list because of its fantastic design. It is not like your everyday pin but lack of handles doesn’t hinder anything it has to offer. The stainless steel material makes it extremely durable and also allows you to accomplish your tasks as desired.
Get Your Rolling Pin Without Handles Today
Do you want to pick up this classic French rolling pin for your home kitchen? It’s certainly a nice choice and we think you’ll likely be as happy with it as we are with ours. Click the button below to head over to Amazon to check for the lowest prices:
Compare Rolling Pins
Do you want to see the head to head comparison of some of our top picks? You can see all the choices, including prices right here:
#3: Farberware Classic Wood Rolling Pin
- Durable: The Farberware wood rolling pin is made from durable, moisture resistant hardwood
- Comfort grip: The rolling pin features comfortable, easy grip handles for added comfort and control
- Smooth rolling: The wood rolling pin boasts rust proof nylon bearings for smooth rolling action
- Essential tool: This wooden rolling pin is an essential kitchen tool. It is great for rolling out...
- Easy to clean: This wood rolling pin should be hand washed with a damp cloth for best results
Moving on to our third tool, we have this classic baking companion from Farberware. Unlike our previous product, this one has handles that help you hold the roller firmly. If you are wondering what else this tool has to offer, read through the features below.
Important Features of this Baker’s Rolling Pin
- Made from moisture-resistant and durable hardwood
- It features comfortable handles for easy grip
- The rolling surface is reinforced with nylon to make it smooth
- It is stick-resistant hence giving you the best experience
- Suitable for rolling pie crusts, pizza dough, cookies, pastry and tarts
What do People Think About It?
“It quite sturdy and easy to use especially when dealing with large scale recipes. However, the only drawback is the length – I think it is not long enough.”
“I don’t know about other users but this one works great for me. The diameter makes it even more effective as I can complete my work as quickly as possible. It’s the best rolling pin for pie crush that I’ve ever used. It’s just so easy to roll things out with. “
“I exchanged the first one and I was impressed with what I got on the second attempt. It works quite well especially if you consider its price tag. I, however, think it would have been made a bit longer to suit most cooks but for fine pastry? It’s awesome.”
The Takeaway on Farberware Classic Rolling Pin
If you are a fan of wooden kitchenware, then this might be ideal for you. It also has comfortable handles for those who love comfortable grips. The only disadvantage is that it measures about 10 inches, which is shorter than what many cooks like.
Where Can I Buy One?
This is one of our top choices for wooden rolling pins because of how well it works, the price and also the durability. It’s built to last a lifetime! Click below to find the lowest prices and to check availability of this product:
#4: Fox Run Polished Rolling Pin
- 10" long barrel, 18" total length with handles
- Made of 100% Marble - a natural elegant stone with unique patterns and colorations. Due to natural...
- Cool and smooth surface with natural non-stick properties
- Includes comfortable wood handles and resting base
- Features nylon ball bearings for very smooth rolling
Looking for a marble rolling pin? Well, we’ve got you! Fox Run polished marble rolling pin is another option that you might consider. Roll out your pizza dough like a pro and with a lot of ease. Here are some of the features that might interest you.
Key Features of this Baking Rolling Pin
- Made of marble – a unique natural stone
- Measures 18 inches in total with a 10-inch barrel
- Its grip-friendly handles are made from a strong wood
- Has a cooling mechanism that cools the dough while rolling
- Its natural non-stick properties prevent the dough from clinging on its barrel
Online Reviews for the Fox Run Polished Rolling Pin
“I am a huge fan of baking and I have always bought a wooden rolling pin. However, this time I decided to try out this marble pin from Fox Run. Its weight blew me away, not to mention the precise results after using it for the first time.”
“My friend has always urged me to go for a marble pin but I’ve been ignoring her; well, until a few weeks ago. I loved this Fox Run pin from the moment I started using it and I really hope that it will last long enough so I can pass it to my children.”
“Unfortunately I misplaced my previous rolling pin, but I am grateful I did because Fox Run wouldn’t have come my way. Apart from being a nice-looking pin, it does the job quite perfectly.”
Summary for Fox Run Polished Rolling Pin
Make your baking experience even smoother with this marble rolling pin. With Fox Run, you won’t have an issue with sticky recipes or discolorization. It also comes at a very affordable price considering the features you’ll enjoy.
Shop Now for this Marble Rolling Pin
If you want to pick up a rolling pin that’s not made from wood but marble, then this one should certainly be at the top of your list. It’s not cheap, but it’s a top-quality product that should last you for decades. Check prices on Amazon below:
#5: Good Cook Classic Wooden Rolling Pin
- One piece barrel construction
- Genuine hardwood with nylon bearings
- It is manufactured in United States
Are you tight on budget? Don’t worry, we have something that will not stretch your bank account. Introducing a classic wooden rolling pin by Good Cook – a world-renowned player in kitchen products! With less than $10, you can get yourself a fantastic baking tool.
- It is made of a durable hardwood
- The barrel is reinforced with nylon to improve its smoothness
- The barrel and handles have been crafted out from a single wood
- Goes at an affordable price
“I haven’t used this tool for a long time but so far so good. It is lightweight and quite functional for its price and it’s ideal for dough, cookies, pastry, pie crust and other things too..”
“I like the simplicity of this wooden one by Good Cook. However, the only issue I had when I first acquired it is the packaging sticker on the barrel. It is really a hustle trying to remove the adhesive from its surface once the sticker is out.”
“I sometimes enjoy using old school kitchenware and this tool certainly falls in that category. Although the dough can cling on its surface, I usually use that as a clue that something like more flour needs to be added.”
Should you Consider Buying GoodCook Classic Wooden Rolling Pin?
Well, it is a no-brainer that if you are struggling financially, this would be a perfect fit. It has a perfect blend of old-school construction and modern functionality. However, because of its affordability, it might be short of some features, but you can still use it effectively.
Where Can I Find One?
Do you want to pick yourself up an affordable wood rolling pin? Then this one is a great option! Learn more about this item on Amazon and don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for free shipping as well:
#6: Norpro Rolling Pin No Handles
- French-style rolling pin is ideal for all types of dough and is the choice of many professional...
- Its straight cylinder design rolls smoothly across dough, allowing for a uniform thickness.
- Classic handle-free design allows for better control and for directly applied pressure across a...
- Solid one-piece construction for supreme durability.
- Made from Beechwood.
If you’re looking for a top-quality product that’s reasonably priced but will get the job done, then you’ll want to consider this one from NorPro. It’s 18 inches and doesn’t have handles if this is the style you prefer. It’s mostly a matter of personal preference. Keep on reading to find out why we like this one so much.
- 18 inches long
- No handles
- French style
- Choice of professional bakers
- Made from high-quality beechwood
- One-piece construction
- Super durable
“The size and shape of this thing was exactly what I was looking for. Plus, for the price? Well, you can’t really beat it and I’d give this thing 10 stars if I could. Super happy with it.”
“Great for rolling out cookie dough or pizza dough. I love the fact that is has no handles which I find I can have better control with. Plus, clean-up couldn’t be easier because there’s no where for the dough to get stuck.”
Buy it Today
If you love baking, then you’ll certainly want to consider picking up this item from NorPro. Like all their other small kitchen gadgets, this one is the same top-quality and is durable enough to last a lifetime. Head over to Amazon to find out more right here:
Top 6 Factors to Consider When Buying a Rolling Pin
As seen from our list above, the market treats you with a variety of brands each claiming to meet your needs. However, before you commit to one rolling pin, make sure it is exactly what you want. Here we have listed some of the factors to keep in mind as you go shopping for your baking companion.
Well, this doesn’t need any introduction if you have used a rolling pin before. The main construction materials include wood, stainless steel, and marble. Each of these options has its advantages and shortcomings. Marble, for instance, is loved by many because of its cooling and non-stick features. Wood and steel, on the other hand, are more lightweight than their counterparts.
Which one works best for you? Heavy or light? Whichever your answer, you will need to choose appropriately. Do not add something to your cart that will later bring a lot of regrets. Heavy ones are mostly those designed from marble and are effective in their way. Lightweight ones are ideal for some cooks because of how easy it is to use them.
Another factor to consider is the length and diameter of your new tool. Long ones are nice but some people prefer shorter ones. Ensure that the length you are considering is the rolling surface as this is what will determine the maximum width of dough you can spread at a go. While on it, also remember to check the diameter as it similarly has an impact on your task.
#4: Model (French or Traditional)
First, we must say both models are great. But which one is ideal for you? The main distinguishing feature is that the traditional models have extended handles on the sides of the barrel. French models, on the other hand, do not have this feature. Instead, they are either tapered or completely straight. Now that you know the difference, you can make an informed decision.
How much are you willing to spend? There is an option for everyone when it comes to rolling pins. Therefore, do not overstretch your budget when you can easily purchase a cheaper item that meets the same criteria as the high-end ones. Wooden rolling pins cost relatively lower than steel or marble-made ones. As such, all we can recommend here is that you be wise in your decision.
#6: Customer Reviews
As with anything, it’s prudent to find out what people are saying about a product before dropping some cold, hard cash, right? In this case, we strongly recommend taking a look at the 3-4 star rolling pin reviews on Amazon because they’ll usually give you the best indication of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses.
What are Some Rolling Pin Alternatives?
If you don’t have a rolling pin handy, here are some of the best rolling pin alternatives to consider:
- wine bottle
- tall drinking glass
- water bottle
- tall drink cans
- piece of PVC
- thermos with smooth sides
- thick piece of dowel
Have your Say about the Best Rolling Pin
What’s your top pick for rolling pins? Is it one of the options from this list or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other baking enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2020-10-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API