Tarts are open-top baked dishes with a pastry base and different types of filling. The most popular tarts in the world are the egg tart of China, pastel de nata of Portugal, and the crostata of Italy. You may be dreaming of the day when you will be able to make tart worthy of international praise. But, at this time you should work on your tart-making skills before you go out and proclaim it to be the best in the world. To start on your journey towards making the most delectable tart in the world, you need to have a tart pan.
Best Tart Pan: Top 8 Picks
But if you only want to make tarts for your family and friends, you still need to have a tartlet pan at home. We searched high and low for the best tart pans you can use at home. And find them, we did. Check out the six best tarts pans available in the market.
- CHEFMADE Round Tart Pan with Removable Bottom
- Fox Run Non-Stick Tart and Quiche Pan
- GOURMEX Fluted Quiche Baking Dish
- Wilton Round Tart and Quiche Pans
- Norpro Quiche Tart Pan
- Mini Tart Pans with Removable Bottoms
- Meichu Loose Bottomed Tart Pan
Still here? Then check out what you can get from each of these tarts pans. Keep on reading our buying guide, packed with information to help you decide on the right option for you.
#1: CHEFMADE Round Tart Pan
- Safe and Health : Food-grade Silicone coating, non-Teflon, no harmful substance release in high...
- Commercial Grade : Adopts thickened 0.8mm carbon steel to accelerate even heat. Strengthened edge to...
- Easy to Use : Excellent non-stick can be achieved with less natural cooking oil. Less baking time...
- Make You Chef : Quickly make high quality family dishes, afternoon tea, banquet desserts and other...
- Best After-Sales : CHEFMADE highly value customers' satisfaction and tolerate zero quality issue. If...
Are you keen on getting a commercial-grade tart pan that makes cooking faster and easier? In this case, you can consider getting the CHEFMADE Round Tartlet Pan. Made of food-grade, FDA-approved silicone coating, it is safe for anyone to use. Its 0.8-millimeter carbon steel material also makes cooking faster. Moreover, it is easy to use and clean.
And, if you’re looking for a tort pan with removable bottom, then this should certainly be one of your top picks. This makes it super easy to get your tarts, tartlets and other baked goods out of it quickly and easily.
- Commercial-grade carbon steel material for faster cooking
- Easy to use with its nonstick, removable bottom
- Food-grade and FDA-approved silicone coating
- Durable enhanced edges that prevent warping
- Easy to clean
- Comes in a variety of shapes and sizes (nice mini tarts pans)
Customer Reviews for the CHEFMADE Round Tart Pan
“This is one awesome tart pan and I love the fact that the bottom comes off which makes it really easy to deal with after the tart is cooked. It is not a cheap-looking pan with good reviews. I was able to make a French apple tart and it did not stick to the pan.”
“These are great little tartlet pans, which I used to make fruit tarts for the birthday of my mom. Its removable bottom made it easy to take out the tart. The pleasant color of the pan is also another plus point for me and it just works so much better than a cookie sheet for so many kinds of things.”
“It was a pleasant surprise when I found that these pans were quite durable. I also love its removable bottom. These smaller mini tart pans are perfect for making breakfast quiches. Quick tip: be sure to pick up a French rolling pin which makes it super easy to roll out pastry.”
The Takeaway on the CHEFMADE Round Tart Pan
Looking for a commercial-grade tart part offered at an affordable price? Then you should take a look at the CHEFMADE Round Tart Pan. It’s the best tort pan in the business due to how well it works and also how durable it is. We’re confident that you’ll be as happy with yours as we are with ours.
Shop Now for this Tart Pan Removable Bottom
Do you want to pick up one of the best tartlet pans for your home kitchen? The best place to find them is on Amazon because you’ll get the lowest prices. And, don’t forget to check and see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Compare Tartlet Pans
Do you want to see the head-to-head comparison for our top picks? Then you’ll want to check out this handy comparison chart we put together for you:
#2: Fox Run Non-Stick Tart and Quiche Pan
- BAKE PERFECT TARTS AND QUICHE - Loose bottom baking pan features a removable, drop out bottom for...
- SUPERIOR HEAT CONDUCTION AND EVEN BAKING - Heavy gauge steel allows even heat distribution to...
- PREMIUM NON-STICK COATING - Constructed of durable carbon steel with our exclusive premium non-stick...
- FIVE YEAR - Preferred non-stick bakeware collection by Fox Run is backed by our 5 year for promised...
- 9-inch diameter, measured at bottom; Dishwasher safe for easy cleanup, however, due to the harsh...
Tart pans do not have to be expensive. The Fox Run Non-Stick Tart and Quiche Pan is a testament to this. Aside from its affordability, it is also made of sturdy carbon steel material that allows heat to be distributed evenly. Its nonstick coating and removable bottom make it easy to take the tart out. Moreover, it comes with a five-year warranty.
Key Features of the Fox Run Non-Stick Tart and Quiche Pan
- Nine-inch diameter
- Strong and sturdy carbon steel material
- Premium nonstick coating and removable bottom
- Even heat distribution
- Five-year limited warranty
- Comes in a variety of sizes from 4 inch to 14 inches
User Reviews for this 9 Inch Tart Pan with Removable Bottom
“I really love this awesome tart pan. The size is perfect and the quiche I made easily came out. It is a great investment for me and I’m looking to cook more tarts in the future. I love to make cherry torts when the fruit on my tree is ripe (I use a cherry pitter to make things easier!)”
“While I was initially attracted to it due to its cheap price, I found out is works perfectly in making tarts. Since it arrived, I have been baking nearly every day. I will recommend this item to family and friends looking for one. I even picked up some of their mini tart pans which are the perfect size for me.”
“This 9 inche tort pan is perfect for anyone who likes fancy pies. It is durable and heats evenly. In fact, I bought another one after I started using it. The removable base is super handy too and a huge step up from some of the other pans that I was using.”
Summary for the Fox Run Non-Stick Tart and Quiche Pan
If you are looking for an affordable but high-quality tart pan, then the Fox Run Non-Stick Tart and Quiche Pan is the best one for you. It has a removable bottom which makes it super easy to get your tartlet out without cracking or ruining it.
Get Your Fluted Tartlet Pan Today
Does it seem like the right tart tray for your needs? Then you’ll definitely want to click the button below to learn more about it on Amazon:
#3: GOURMEX Fluted Quiche Baking Dish
Looking for a durable and versatile tart pan that you can use for making other types of dishes? Then you should consider getting the GOURMEX Fluted Quiche Baking Dish. Made of high-quality porcelain, it is designed to be a durable kitchen set you can use for baking tarts and other goodies. It is also safe to use in microwave ovens, freezers, broilers, and ovens. The tarte pan is also dishwasher-safe. Moreover, you can also use it as a serving dish due to its elegant design.
- Large 10-inch size
- Classic and stylish design
- Made of good-quality porcelain that is microwave, freezer, broiler, oven, and dishwasher-safe
- Versatile and can be used as a serving dish
- 100-percent satisfaction guaranteed
What do People Think About this Tart Pan?
“This tartlet pan is suitable for single-serve pies. They look elegant and can be used for casual and holiday events. I use it to make pies and quiches for my family.”
“This tart pan is perfect for making quiches. I like the wave pattern it has on its side. I used it to make quiches and pies for my family.”
“This is a good pan. I used it for baking French dishes for my family and friends. It also looks quite elegant and don’t forget to pick up a nice whip cream dispenser to add that finishing touch!.”
The Takeaway on the GOURMEX Fluted Quiche Baking Dish
In the lookout for a durable tart pan that you can use for other baked dishes? Well, you can stop looking since the GOURMEX Fluted Quiche Baking Dish gives you just that and more. It’s super durable, very reasonably priced and also has some excellent tartlet pan reviews.
Where Can I Buy One?
Do you want to pick up this tart tin for yourself? Then head over to Amazon to get it today and don’t forget to see if there are deals that may include free shipping along with your order:
#4: Wilton Round Tart and Quiche Pans with Fluted Edges
- BEAUTIFUL PRESENTATION: The fluted edges on this round pan create a beautiful crust on a tart or...
- REMOVABLE BOTTOM: Removable bottom supports the baked crust while you slip off the pan’s outer...
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Spreads heat evenly and prevents warping.
- NON-STICK SURFACE: Made of steel with a non-stick coating for easy release and quick cleanup.
- EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE, EVERY DAY: Innovative products. Mouthwatering inspiration. Fun in the kitchen....
Do you want to make something unique for your family Sunday brunch? If so, then you should take a look at the Wilton Round Tart and Quiche Pans. Its fluted edges allow you to make eye-catching crusts for your quiche or tart. You can easily take out the baked crust due to its nonstick surface and removable bottom. Moreover, you can look forward to becoming the star of the kitchen when you start making tarts and quiches for your family.
- Fluted edges for elegant designs on the tart or quiche crust
- Removable bottom to make it easy to take out the crust
- Durable design that prevents warping and evenly spreads heat
- Nonstick surface for easy cleanup
- Facilitates making impressive quiches and tarts
Online Reviews for the Wilton Round Tart and Quiche Pans
“This tart pan allowed me to make a gluten-free tart for my family. Everyone enjoyed it even though it was the first tart I made. The crust baked evenly and the tart itself came out as a perfect ring. Use a flour sifter for the best results though.”
“It is a wonderful pan that should be featured on America’s Test Kitchen. The pan bakes perfectly and the tart comes out easily. I couldn’t ask for more in this great tarte pan.”
“The pan is nonstick and quite durable. It even exceeded my expectations for a tartlet pan. My tart came out perfect and was easy to take out. I love the fluted edges that make the things I bake in here look so nice.”
Summary for the Wilton Round Tart and Quiche Pans
If you are looking forward to making great-tasting tarts for a weekend gathering with family and friends, then the Wilton Round Tart and Quiche Pans will be perfect for your needs. It’s the perfect tort pan and will help you cook up this special dish in style
Shop Now for this Fluted Tartlet Pan
Do you want to find out more about one of our best tart pans with fluted edges? Then click below to learn more about it on Amazon:
#5: Norpro Quiche Tart Pan
- Measures 9.5 inches/24cm diameter by 1 inch/2.5cm deep
- Heavy duty tart pan with removable bottom
- Durable tin steel construction
- Hand washing recommended
- Hand wash with hot water and non-abrasive soap
If you are fond of no-frills kitchen tools, then the Norpro Quiche Tart Pan is the one you are looking for. Its 9.5-inch diameter is suitable for quiches and tarts. This heavy-duty tort pan also features a removable bottom that makes it easy to take out the quiches and tarts. Moreover, its durable tin steel design allows you to regularly make your favorite quiches and tarts for your family and friends.
Features of this Deep Tart Pan
- 9.5-inch diameter, 2.5 inches deep
- Durable and features a removable bottom
- Cooks tart crust evenly
- Heavy-duty tin steel design
- Hand-washing is recommended using a non-abrasive soap and hot water
Customer Reviews for this 9 Inch Fluted Tart Pan
“While there are several types of pans available, this is the best one for me. It has a good layer of tin on its steel-plated design. The tin allows crusts to brown better and it lasts a long time.”
“This is a very nice and great tart pan. It also doesn’t rust, unlike other products I’ve used in the past. I wish I ordered this tart pan many years ago. It’s a bit deeper than other pans I’ve tried in the past which I find quite nice and easier to deal with.”
“Unlike other pans that rust, this does not rust since it’s made of tin. It is a great product for making tarts and quiches. The pan also keeps the temperature even inside the oven. This is probably my favourite baking tool, along with my stainless steel mixing bowl set.”
Should you Consider Buying the Norpro Quiche Tart Pan?
If you want a simple tart pan that does the job well at an affordable price, you should seriously consider getting the Norpro Quiche Tartlet Pan. This deep tort pan is ideal for making all kinds of delicious, sweet treats.
Where Can I Find One?
The best place to find tartlet pans is online. You’ll have the best selection, availability and also the best prices. You can check this one out here:
#6: Mini Tart Pans with Removable Bottoms
- Dimension of Webake small tart pans: 4 inch diameter x 0.75 inch depth. Package: You will get 6 mini...
- Quality: Made of thickened 0.6mm heavy carbon steel and food-grade quality non-stick coating for...
- Removable Bottom: loose base provides easy release for cooling and decorating.
- Easy to Clean: Non-stick coating will be cleaned easily. Dishwasher Friendly: You can also put it in...
- Perfect for mini tart baking, or making mini cheesecake, chocolate tarts, tartlet, quiches and other...
Tartlet pans with removable bottoms have a big advantage over traditional ones in that it makes the tarts super easy to remove. You can reach up through the bottom and give them a gentle poke. This prevents ruining tarts and quiches more often if they stick slightly. Keep on reading to find out why we like these mini tartlet pans with removable bases so much.
- 6 pack
- Removable bottoms
- 4 inch diameter
- Made from heavy carbon steel
- Food grade, non-stick coating
- Dishwasher safe
“I was looking for a fluted, mini tartlet pan that had a removable base and discovered that they’re not that easy to find! Thankfully, I came across these ones and couldn’t be happier. They were exactly what I was looking for and they just work really well.”
“Love the finish on these things, combined with the removable bottoms which makes the tarts or quiches super easy to remove. No more struggling and sticking and ruining half your tarts because of this!”
If you’re looking for some mini tartlet pans that have removable bottoms, these ones make a great option. Click the button below to head over to Amazon now to pick some up today
#8: Meichu Loose Bottom Tart Pan
- FOOD SAFE NONSTICK COATING: The metal tart pans are made from premium carbon steel, high hardness,...
- CORRUGATED AND FLUTED DESIGN: The round tart pans have corrugated and fluted design, and with...
- REMOVABLE BOTTOM: Thanks to the ingenious removable bottom design, this helps you remove the dessert...
- MULTI RANGING APPLICATION: The tart pans are perfect for creating creamy cheese cakes, chocolate...
- EASY TO CLEAN: Keeping the metal quiche pans clean and ready for the next batch is super easy! You...
- Comes in a variety of sizes from large to small, or in a set
- Loose bottoms for easy tart removable
- Made from carbon steel
- Food-safe, non-stick coating
- Fluted edges
- Very easy to clean
“Nice affordable pans that I use to make quiches and tarts. I particularly like the small one which is ideal for personal size desserts and treats.”
“This non stick tart pan is beautifully made and I love how cheap it is too. It’s maybe the best value for something that I bought online in a long, long time!”
Pick One Up Today
Do you want to find out more about this tart pan with removable bottom? Find out all the details you need to know right here on Amazon:
Top 7 Factors to Consider When Buying a Tart Pan
People may think it is easy to choose a tart pan you can use at home. But they are not aware of the things they need to take into account before buying one. To give them an idea, we listed seven factors you should consider when you are in the market for a tarte pan.
#1: Shape and Size
Tart pans actually come in different shapes and sizes. There are circular options and rectangular tartlet pans. Their size range from as small as four inches up to 12 inches. The shape and size of the tort pan depend on your preference. So, you should decide on the shape and size of the tart and quiche you want to serve before finalizing your decision.
Traditional tart pans have a fluted circular design. But there are also other designs available, including rectangular tart pans. Similar to the shape and size, your personal preference determines the design of the tarte pan you should get.
While many tart pans have are 0.75-inch thick, some pans are thicker. The thicker pans also have a bigger size than a small or standard tort pan size. They can be as thick as 1.5 to 2 inches thick. If you are looking to make bigger tarts or quiches, you should get pans that are thick to ensure heat is distributed evenly.
If you are planning to make tarts and quiches regularly, the tort pan can get damaged with continuous use. Ensuring that the tart pan has a warranty will allow you to avoid buying a new one after less than a year of using the pan. But you should check the conditions of the warranty to make sure your use still falls under the coverage of the warranty.
The price of a tartlet pan normally indicates its quality. But some affordable tart pans can compete with the durability and quality of higher-priced models. In this case, you should check the reviews of customers to see if the one you are eyeing is worth its price.
#6: Tart Pans with Removable Bottoms
Some people prefer a tart pan with a removable bottom because they find this an easier way to get their delicious treat out of it. While others prefer serving their tartlet directly in the pan. Either option is fine and it’s mostly a matter of personal prefernce. However, be clear on what you’re getting if you have a strong preference for this.
#7: Customer Reviews
Before dropping money on anything, it’s always wise to find out what people are saying about a product. That’s why we recommend checking the 3-4 star tart pan reviews on Amazon because they’ll give you a great indiction of whether or not a certain item is right for you.
Tart Pan FAQs
There are a number of common questions that people have about using tarlet pans. Here are the answers to some of the most popular ones.
What is the Difference Between a Pie Pan and a Tart Pan?
The difference between pie pans and tart pans has to do with the shape and depth. Almost all tart pans have a removable bottom are made of metal, and are a little bit shallower. On the other hands, pie pans are often deeper, are made from a variety of materials and can be found in many different shapes.
What Can I Use Instead of a Tart Pan?
If you don’t have a tart pan, you could consider using any of the following instead:
- Pie plate
- Quiche pan
- Open form
- Mini tartlet pan
How to Use Removable Bottom Tart Pans?
Do all Tart Pans Have Removable Bottoms?
Not all tart pans have removable bottoms, although many of them do. If you’re baking a tart that has a crust, it’s recommended that you use a pan with a removable bottom.
Should I Grease a Tart Pan?
If your tart has a crust, then you probably don’t need to grease the pan beforehand. However, all others kinds of recipes will require you to grease the pan extremely well before getting started.
What is the Difference Between a Tart and a Quiche?
A tart usually has both egg yolk and sugar in it, while quiches have eggs and shortening, but no sugar. They can both be any size or shape and made in a variety of pans.
Have your say about the Best Tart Pan
What’s your top pick for tartlet pans? Is it one of the options from this list or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other tartlet enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2021-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API