A microwave is a kitchen appliance that makes food preparation quick and easy. All you need to do is to pop a dish into the microwave, set the timer, and you’ll get a decent meal in minutes. There are even several microwave meal recipes that can go toe-to-toe with dishes that take longer to prepare. While this appliance is great to have, the space in your kitchen may be limited for you to have one. That’s why you’ll need to find out the best compact microwaves.
Best Small Microwave: Top 5 Picks
But space will not be an issue after compact microwaves started entering the market. Since compact microwaves may be new to you, we took it upon ourselves to look for the best compact microwaves available in the market. Read on to know more about them.
- Toshiba Microwave Oven
- BLACK+DECKER Digital Microwave Oven
- Kenmore Small Countertop Microwave
- Magic Chef Retro Countertop Microwave Oven
- COMFEE Countertop Microwave Oven
- Panasonic Compact Microwave
Now, learn more about the features offer by each compact microwave oven.
#1: Toshiba Microwave Oven
- Stylish Stainless Steel with timeless design, external Dimension (wdh): 19. 215. 911. 5 inches,...
- Pre-programmed menu for 6 popular foods like popcorn, pizza, potato and more. Rated Voltage is 120V~...
- One touch start - quick access to start the microwave from 1 to 6 minutes cooking at full power
- Equipped with power-saving eco mode, sound on/off option and child safety lock
- 900 watts with 10 power settings, clock, and kitchen timer
Compact doesn’t always mean lesser features. And this is proven by the Toshiba Microwave Oven. It has all the features you can find in any microwave oven and more. It has an easy-to-read control panel, child-safety lock, and a shockproof bar to ensure you have a pleasant experience while using it. Moreover, its stylish design will make you want to have it sitting on your kitchen counter.
Features of these Compact Microwaves
- Stylish stainless steel design
- Easy-to-read, bright digital control panel
- Child-safety lock
- Preprogrammed menu for popular food
- One-year limited warranty
Customer Reviews for the Toshiba Microwave Oven
“I love its stylish design and the features it offers. I also like the way you can turn off the sound of the microwave. Moreover, it is quieter than the other microwaves I’ve had in the past.”
“This microwave is perfect for reheating food and cooking popcorn and it can fit an average size dinner plate. It is small enough to store in a closed cabinet. I’m happy with my purchase, especially since its price is quite reasonable.”
“This is a great product for its price point. The size is also perfect for my countertop. The material is also great and I also love its design.”
The Takeaway on the Toshiba Microwave Oven
The Toshiba Microwave Oven gives you all the features offered by a full-size microwave despite its compact size. Combine the very affordable price along with the excellent reviews and you certainly have a winner.
Shop Now for Compact Microwaves
Do you want to pick up one of the best small microwaves for your home or office? The best place to find it is on Amazon. Check now the best prices and don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Compare the Best Small Microwave Countertop Models
Do you want to see the head-to-head comparison of some of our top picks? Then you’ll want to take a close look at this handy chart we put together for you:
#2: BLACK+DECKER Digital Microwave Oven
- Pre-programmed buttons for popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen vegetable, beverage and dinner plate
- 700 Watts with 10 power settings, clock and kitchen timer, 30 Seconds Express Cooking
- Large LED digital display, easy-to-read control panel, child safety lock, interior light, removable...
- Push-button door release for easy access
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 17.3” x 13.0” x 10.2”
Small but powerful best describes the BLACK+DECKER Digital Microwave Oven. Its 0.7 cubic feet size should not mean it doesn’t mean it can be taken for granted. It features 10 power settings, a kitchen timer, and a 30-second express cooking feature. Moreover, it has a removable 10-inch glass turntable.
Key Features of the BLACK+DECKER Digital Microwave Oven
- 0.7 cubic feet size
- Large easy-to-read LED display
- Removable 10-inch glass turntable
- Pre-programmed buttons for popular dishes
- One-year limited warranty
“It is a quiet and compact microwave, and I love it. While it may be small, it can easily fit many dinner plates. It may be somewhat pricey, but I love the way it looks.”
“This is an easy-to-use and easy-to-clean microwave. It is currently working well and looks nice in my kitchen. I initially thought the display was quite dull, but after removing its plastic coating, it looked great.”
“It works like a dream and I love this brand. This microwave offers great value and is very quiet. It offers everything I need from a compact microwave and we mostly use it at our house to reheat slow cooker meals in subsequent nights for quick dinners.”
Summary for the BLACK+DECKER Digital Microwave Oven
The BLACK+DECKER Digital Microwave Oven may be small, but it offers all the features you can find in a full-size microwave. It makes a really nice choice for small kitchens, dorm rooms or offices.
Get Your Compact Microwave Today
Sounds like the right small microwave for your needs? You can learn more about it over on Amazon:
#3: Kenmore Small Countertop Microwave
- COMPACT MICROWAVE OVEN: 0.7 cubic feet countertop microwave oven is perfect for most college dorm...
- HEATING PRESETS: With 6 Auto-Cook preset programs, you can take the guess work out of heating your...
- DEFROST QUICKLY: Frozen foods can be defrosted quickly with the Time/Weight defrost setting
- LED DIGITAL DISPLAY: Easy to read touch pad display panel is illuminated with LED lighting and...
- COOKS EVENLY: Removable glass turntable is included to make sure your frozen foods, leftovers, and...
If your counter is somewhat shallow, you may want to consider getting the Kenmore Small Countertop Microwave. Its 17.7-inch width and 12.5-inch depth will make it easily fit small counters. It features 10 power settings, an easy-to-read display, and removable glass turntable, among others.
- Ideal for small office kitchens, college dorms, and apartments
- Six auto-cook preset programs
- Quick defrost function
- ADA compliant
- Removable glass turntable
What do People Think About these Compact Microwaves?
“While it is compact, this microwave is well-constructed. I love this brand and it perfectly fits my small apartment. Of all the microwave ovens I’ve tried, this is the one I highly recommend for anyone looking for one.”
“This is an excellent microwave oven and it does everything I need it to do. While it arrived with a broken plate, it does not reflect the device but the shipper. Its size is perfect for my small kitchen.”
“This is an easy-to-use microwave even for my blind husband. I bought it to replace my old microwave. I love the black glass of this microwave.”
The Takeaway on the Kenmore Small Countertop Microwave
If the space in your apartment or kitchen is limited, you should consider getting the Kenmore Small Countertop Microwave. It’s small but powerful and also very durable.
Where Can I Buy One?
This is one of the best small microwaves for countertops. Click the button below to check for the lowest prices on Amazon:
#4: Magic Chef Retro Countertop Microwave Oven
Do you love retro-looking appliances? Then, the Magic Chef Retro Countertop Microwave Oven is the perfect one for you. Its rotary dials and towel bar handle gives you the retro feel you may be looking for. It also has a small footprint in your kitchen, which is perfect if space is limited in your apartment.
Key Features of these Compact Microwaves
- Retro design
- Seven power levels
- Compact footprint for limited spaces
- Dual rotary dials
- Elegant towel bar door handle
Online Reviews for the Magic Chef Retro Countertop Microwave Oven
“This is a great back-to-basics microwave oven. It doesn’t have a clock that you have to reset when the power goes out. Moreover, it looks good and is available at a reasonable price.”
“Since I like my microwave without any frills, this is perfect for me. I like its turn knob controls since I’m used to it. The retro appearance also complements the retro-style appliances I have at home.”
“This is a compact yet powerful microwave, and I love it. It’s similar to the last simple microwave I had, but it has more power. I also like its color since it matches many of the things I have in the kitchen.”
Summary for the Magic Chef Retro Countertop Microwave Oven
Do you want to go back in time? Then, you should get the simple yet powerful Magic Chef Retro Countertop Microwave Oven for your apartment. It has a cool look and feel to it, but is certainly just as powerful as the latest models.
This is one of the best small microwave ovens available. Head over to Amazon to find out more about this product and whether or not it’s the right option for you:
#5: COMFEE Countertop Microwave Oven
- Stylish (black) stainless steel finish, compact size: 0.7 cubic-foot capacity, 700 watts and 11...
- Mute function, settings, clock, kitchen timer, child safety lock, easy auto-cook functions: Popcorn,...
- One touch express cooking function with 1-6 minutes and +30 seconds functions, and two defrost...
- Energy Saving Eco Mode: Minimizing 50% standby power by turning on ECO mode
- Bright digital display, easy-to-read control panel, interior light and 12.4 inch glass turntable
If you prefer getting a microwave from a company specializing in small appliances, then the COMFEE’ Countertop Microwave Oven is what you’re looking for. Made by a company known for quality compact kitchen appliances, it has all the features you need from a microwave. Its elegant stainless steel finish simply adds value to your purchase.
- Elegant stainless steel finish
- 11 power levels and eco-mode for energy saving
- One-touch express cooking feature
- Preset auto-cook functions
- One-year limited warranty
“This is a great compact microwave and is great for small spaces. I also love that it has a silent mode as one of its options. But, take note that large mixing bowls may not fit in it.”
“It is lightweight and convenient for me since my kitchen space is limited. While it may take longer to cook or heat things, I still like it. I recommend this to anyone looking for a compact microwave.”
“This quiet microwave is a great alternative to more expensive models. I like its multiple heat settings, compact size, and numerous features. I’ve been using it nearly every day and it’s working great so far.”
Should you Consider Buying the COMFEE’ Countertop Microwave Oven?
The COMFEE’ Countertop Microwave Oven is a great option for people looking for a compact microwave from a company specializing in small kitchen appliances.
Where Can I Find One?
This product is certainly one of the best compact microwave ovens and one that you should consider. Head over to Amazon to find the lowest prices on these kinds of small kitchen appliances:
#6: Panasonic Compact Microwave
- Panasonic Microwave: This 1200 Watt high power, 1.2 cubic foot capacity stainless steel...
- Inverter Technology with Turbo Defrost: Patented Inverter Technology generates a seamless stream of...
- Compact Design: This countertop microwave with 13.4 inch turntable is thinner, lighter and more...
- Smart Cooking Settings with Genius Sensor: Built in automatic genius sensor adjusts power and times...
- Keep Warm Feature: This inverter microwave keeps soups, gravies or desserts warm and fresh until...
If you’re looking for a small but powerful microwave oven, then this one should be at the top of your list. Besides the power, it has a genius cooking feature that just makes it so easily to defrost, cook and keep warm without having to think too hard about it! Read on to find out why we like this product from Panasonic so much.
- Stainless steel
- Designed to sit on the countertop
- Built-in inverter technology
- 1200 watts
- 1.2 cubic feet
- Takes up a small footprint on the counter
- Turbo defrost feature
- Smart cooking with genius sensor
- Keep warm feature
- Lower power usage
“I did a ton of research into small microwave ovens and picked up this one from Panasonic after the many rave reviews. I honestly couldn’t be happier—it defrosts stuff super quickly which is the main reason I use it.”
“Love the cooking and keep warm sensor which basically takes all the guesswork out of using this compact microwave. Just about the only thing it can’t do is crisp foods, but you’d need to get one of those convection ovens to make that happen. Awesome and I’d give it 10 stars if I could!”
Buy this Small Microwave Today
If you’re looking for the best small microwave, you certainly couldn’t go wrong with this top-quality one from Panasonic. Click the button below to head over to Amazon and check for the best prices now:
Top 7 Factors to Consider When Buying a Compact Microwave
A compact microwave is a must-have for people living in small apartments or dorms. While you may be tempted to get the first microwave that catches your attention, there are some things you need to take into account when selecting one for your needs. We listed these factors to make your search for the perfect compact microwave easier.
The power of the compact microwave is important to consider since it determines how fast your food is cooked. It is measured in watts and the higher it is the faster food is cooked. You should look for a compact microwave with a power rating of at least 700 watts. Anything less will not be suitable for your needs.
#2: Size of Compact Microwaves
The size of the microwave will depend on the space available in your apartment. While its size may also affect its internal capacity, compact microwaves are designed to maximize capacity so you have more space to cook your food. Just remember to keep in mind the size you have available in your kitchen.
#3: Preset Programs
Compact microwaves normally have preset programs that allow you to simply push a button to cook certain types of food. Most compact microwaves have at least six present programs while others have more. The number of preset programs will largely depend on your needs, so you should check what the microwave you’re eyeing offers.
Microwave ovens are supposed to make life easier for you. So, the compact microwave you are looking at should be easy to use. While many have a LED display showing all the information you need for cooking, others simply have a cooking dial that you set manually.
Cleaning a microwave is one of the most tedious parts of having this device at home. Issues normally emerge when you don’t clean the device. Due to this, it should be easy for you to clean so it can last long. If the microwave has a turntable, it would be great if you can remove it to make cleaning easier.
#6: Customer Reviews for Small Microwaves
It’s always prudent to check and see what people are saying about a product before dropping some cash on it, right? In this case, we recommend taking a look at the 3-4 star reviews on Amazon for small microwaves because they’ll give you a very accurate picture of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses.
#7: Price of Compact Microwaves
As with anything, of course price is a major consideration. In this case, there is quite a range among the cheapest small microwave ovens and the most expensive ones. We generally recommend opting for the more expensive ones as they’re often far more durable and will last a much longer time, as well as have more features and heating options.
Have your Say about the Best Compact Microwave
What’s your top pick for a small microwave oven? Is it one of these options or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other home cooking enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2020-10-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API