If you’re going to make homemade pizza, why not go the extra mile and make some homemade sauce? Keep on reading for all the tips and tricks you need to know to make delicious pizza sauce.
Learn How to Make Homemade Pizza Sauce
Pizza is one of the most popular comfort food in the world. Though it is originally considered an Italian food, almost all nations have it for their favorite. Some people love to pair pizza with beer when they want to unwind from a whole day of work.
Pizza Goes With..Everything?
Do you love pizza too? What do you want to pair this famous Italian dish with? Well, you need not be a beer drinker to enjoy a slice of pizza! Any drink is a perfect match for this! Whether it’s a glass of iced tea, fresh fruit juice or just iced cold water that you’re drinking, it matches pizza too well.
Some Good News
And here’s the good news! You can enjoy pizza anytime you want, right inside your very home! Although you may opt to buy ready-made pizza dough from the grocery store, you can make one at home to guarantee freshness and better quality in taste.
Consider Making Dough at Home Too
You can find easy steps of how to make homemade pizza dough online. There’s even better news! You can make your own pizza sauce at home! Below is an easy recipe of How to Make Homemade Pizza Sauce.
Delicious Pizza Sauce Recipe
Ingredients for Homemade Pizza Sauce
Here are the ingredients you need to make your homemade sauce:
- 1 can (32 oz) tomatoes (whole or diced), or the equivalent in fresh, ripe tomatoes
- 6-8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (You will need more later on, to taste)
- A handful of fresh basil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of dried oregano
- Pepper (freshly cracked)
- Olive Oil
Here’s How to Make Homemade Pizza Sauce:
- In a blender, put together the tomatoes, half-a-teaspoon of salt, vinegar, garlic, black pepper and some olive oil and blend. Use the tomatoes with their juices. You may also opt to drain the tomatoes to result in a slightly thick consistency until it is totally pureed.
- Taste the sauce and add more salt if needed. Add the pepper or the olive oil to taste, oregano, and fresh basil. Blend the ingredients for a few more minutes to combine well.
- Use the store-bought pizza sauce. This does not require any cooking. Simply spread this sauce around the pizza dough and using the back of the spoon, smoothen it out. The amount of sauce is just enough for an 8 medium-sized pizzas, or, according to the amount of sauce you’d like to pour on your pizza.
- Keep the unused sauce refrigerated for up to one week.
- You can freeze any excess pizza sauce for until 3 months. Spoon the sauce you haven’t used into muffin containers. Keep inside the freezer until it becomes solid. Then, take out the frozen cubes from the mold. Transfer the cubes to the container. Thaw the frozen sauce overnight prior to use. You may also heat through the microwave oven for about 30 seconds or until the cubes melt into sauce.
Delicious Homemade Pizza
You may choose your own pizza topping to put on top of your homemade pizza dough and homemade pizza sauce. What matters most is that, you’re serving people so dear to you, freshly made pizza straight from your kitchen.
If you want to make sure of freshness for pizza, make your own pizza dough too. Invest in a high-quality pizza stone to make restaurant-quality pizza dough. You may check out the Top 5 Pizza Stones and see which one meets your requirements when making and serving pizzas.
Tips for Making Delicious, Homemade Pizza Sauce
Do you want to know some tips and tricks for making delicious pizza sauce at home? Check out some of our favourites here:
- Use good tomatoes that are nice and ripe. This is the basic place to start from. Or, you could consider using some high-quality canned ones if you don’t have this available to you.
- You can also add a little bit of sugar to sub-par tomatoes and many people won’t be able to tell the difference.
- Add spices or garlic, depending on your tolerance for these things. It can turn an average pizza into something pretty special.
- Fresh basil is far better than the dried version so whatever you do, please get yourself some!
- Throw away that tomato paste! It’s too strong for pizza and won’t get you the best results. The only acceptable options are either fresh tomatoes or canned tomatoes.
- Use sauce sparingly. A good rule of thumb is that you should still be able to see the dough after spreading the sauce.
Make your Own Pizza Sauce
Have your Say about Homemade Pizza Sauce
Do you have any tips or tricks for making pizza sauce? Or, a secret recipe that you’d like to share with us? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. It’ll help other pizza enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.