If you’re looking for the best hand mixer, then you’ve certainly come to the right place. We’re going to give you the rundown on the top 5 hand mixers of the year to help you choose which one is right for you.
We know, it can be a bit overwhelming to choose from all the options to find the best one. Don’t worry, we’ve done the hard work for you in testing out all the hand mixers to find the top options.
First, here’s a sneak peak at some of our top picks:
#1: Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Hand Mixer
The top pick for handheld mixer is this popular one from Cuisinart. While it is slightly more expensive than some of the other options, you certainly get what you pay for. In this case, you’re getting a powerful kitchen appliance that has a ton of features you’ll love. Plus, it’s very durable and should last you for years.
- Handheld mixer with 220-watt motor and automatic feedback
- Simple on/off button; 1-touch speed control and 9 speed options,BPA Free
- 3 low start speeds to prevent ingredients from splattering; snap-on clear storage case
- Includes beaters, chef's whisk, dough hooks, spatula, and instruction/recipe book
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
- 9-speeds, including 3 low-start speeds to prevent splattering
- LED display
- 220 watt motor
- Comes with a storage case
- BPA free
- Includes beaters, dough hook, spatula, and recipe book
- Dishwasher safe parts
What do People Think About It?
“I’ve been using this thing a few times a week for years now and have never had a problem with it. I love the slow speeds that you can start with that prevent a whole ton of mess. It’s not heavy, but it just feels solid in your hand and you can tell that it’s durable and is built to last (like most Cuisinart products).”
“Love the swivel cord that makes it easy to maneuver this thing around. Plus, the overall cord length is really nice and should work for most kitchens. It’s long enough to not be inconvenient, but not too too that it gets in the way.”
“If you’re looking for a powerful, durable hand mixer, then this one should be your first choice. I LOVE this thing and am super happy that I spend a bit more money on it. The difference in quality compared to the cheaper ones is obvious.”
Where Can I Get It?
Does it sound like the right mixer for you? You can easily find out more about it on Amazon. Check now for the best prices on hand mixers and other popular kitchen appliances.
Cuisinart Hand Mixer Review
#2: KitchenAid 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer
Next up on our list of the best hand mixers is this popular one from KitchenAid. It’s another top-quality mixer at a very reasonable price, especially when you consider the fact that it’s extremely durable and will last for years. Here are some of the things that you’re going to love about it.
- 7 Speeds: Combine ingredients at speed one for slowly stirring in chunky ingredients, speed four for...
- Soft Start Feature brings the beaters up to the selected speed gradually to help prevent ingredients...
- Lock the cord into either the left or right side of the mixer so you can approach ingredients from...
- Soft Grip Handle provides comfort while mixing.
- Easily and quickly remove any accessory from the hand mixer with the single-handed press of a...
- Includes beaters and whisk
- 7-speed options
- Available in a variety of colors
- Soft start features prevents splatter and messes
- You can lock the cord on either the right or left side of the device
- Soft grip handle is comfortable to hold even for long periods or time
- Easy to use ejector button
- Dishwasher safe accessories
“Works great and is super easy to use. It’s a bit heavier than those flimsy ones, but the first time you turn it on, you see why. It has a ton of power and seems like it’ll last for years and years.”
“Super quiet, not too heavy and also very easy to handle. It’s more powerful than many other ones that I’ve used and I love the variety of interesting colors. I have a tiny kitchen so don’t have space for a stand mixer. This was exactly what I needed to get the job done.”
“My old beaters never really had a slow speed and I tolerated it for years. I decided to pick this one up, and man, what a difference! No more mess and annoying splatter for things like icing. My only regret it not getting a higher quality one of these things sooner than I did.”
Shop Now for the KitchenAid Hand Mixer
You can easily find this top-quality hand mixer on Amazon. Click the button below to learn more about it:
#3: Breville Handy Mix Hand Held Mixer
The next choice for top hand mixers on the market today is this one from Breville. It’s one of the most expensive hand beaters on the market today but it really is a top of the line smart appliance.
The Breville Handy Mix automatically detects the accessory you’re using and adjust the speed based on what you’re mixing. Does it really work? In our experience, and according to the many reviews, yes. If you want to take your hand beater to the next level, then this is definitely the one for you.
- Beater IQ intuitive interface detects the type of attachment you are using and adjusts the speed to...
- Powerful 240-watt DC motor for quiet operation and high torque at low speeds
- Quiet scraper beaters mix to the edges without clanging to maximize contact with the bowl
- Count-up timer for accurate control of recipes that require precise mixing time
- Mixing light enables you to view ingredients during the mixing progress
- Intuitive interface automatically detects the attachment and substance being mixed to use the appropriate speed
- Powerful 240 watt motor
- Built-in timer
- Light that allows you to see the ingredients more easily while mixing
- Rubber tipped beaters mean no more banging against the edge of the bowl
- 9 speed settings
- Ergonomic handle
- Compact storage, ideal for small kitchens
“With all the features, I was afraid it might be kind of heavy, but it’s actually not at all. This thing is amazing. Seriously. Just buy it. It’s like taking hand beaters to the next level and is one of the highest quality kitchen appliances that I’ve bought in years.”
“The light, automatic speed adjustment, quiet beaters, etc, etc. There are just so many features and it’s hard to describe how amazing this thing is. Worth every penny I spent and more.”
“Like both the beaters and the wire whisk. It’s heavy-duty and seems like it’ll probably last for years.”
Order Yours Today
You can easily find this smart kitchen appliance from Breville on Amazon. Check now for the best prices and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Breville Handy Mix Digital Hand Mixer Review
#4: VonShef Electric Hand Mixer
- ELECTRIC HAND MIXER: With a 250W motor and turbo setting you can whisk, mix and knead to bake and...
- STAINLESS STEEL ATTACHMENTS: Includes - 2x Beaters, 2x Dough Hooks and a Balloon Whisk. The durable...
- 5 SPEED SETTING AND TURBO BOOST: 5 Different Speed Settings, Turbo Function and Ejection Button. The...
- LIGHTWEIGHT & EASY USE: The VonShef Hand Whisk also benefits from a compact and light weight design...
- STYLISH DESIGN: Stylish and Sleek in a Robust Silver and Red Design. Dimensions - 7.2 x 4.3 x 3...
Another option for the best hand mixer is this one from VonShef, a trusted name in kitchen appliances. At 250 Watts, it’s one of the most powerful electric hand mixers on this list. There are a number of additional reasons why you might want to consider this hand held mixer over the competition.
- 5-speed + turbo button
- Includes beaters, whisk and dough hook attachments
- Powerful 250 watt motor
- All the buttons are thumb operated, making it very easy to adjust the speed during beating
- Compact in size
- Attachments are dishwasher safe
- Stylish red color and design
- Long power cable (1m)
What People are Saying About It
“I chose this one because of the reasonable price and the variety of attachments included with it. It has ended up being one of the best hand mixers I’ve ever used. Super powerful, easy to clean and it’s obviously very well designed.”
“Great product that works exactly as advertised. I’ve been using it a few times a week for six months and it’s showing no signs of wear and tear. Super happy with it, especially when you consider the price.”
“Nice price and great quality. The stainless steel beaters and whisk are well-designed and do a nice job at everything I’ve tried so far.”
Where Can I Get It?
Does it sound the right hand held mixer for you? Check it out for yourself over on Amazon.com to find the best prices on this kitchen appliance:
#5: Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
Rounding out our list of the best hand held mixers is the cheapest one of list. It’s from Hamilton Beach, makes of some other top-quality kitchen appliances for a range of uses. Although it’s cheaper in price, it’s a powerful, durable device that gets the job done. It just doesn’t have the flashy design and bells and whistles of some of the more expensive options.
- MIX WITH EASE: With 6 speeds, including the QuickBurst button, you can adjust this kitchen mixer to...
- EASY TO HANDLE: With 250 watts of peak power hand mixer
- BOWL REST FEATURE: A built in groove lets you rest the hand mixer over the bowl, so drips go where...
- VERSATILE ATTACHMENTS: The kitchen mixer includes easy to clean set of traditional beaters and whisk
- SNAP ON STORAGE CASE: This hand mixer includes a handy snap on storage case no more lost beaters
- Includes snap-on case
- 250 watts of power
- Bowl-rest feature
- Six speeds, with a quick burst option
- Includes beaters and whisk
“Awesome little mixer from Hamilton Beach that’s basic, but gets the job done. It has a surprising number of features when you consider how cheap it is, including the snap-on storage and bowl rest feature. Impressed and would certainly recommend it to any home cooks out there.”
“A good amount of power for making icing, or creaming butter and sugar. So far, it seems durable enough and I was extremely happy with the price.”
“A powerful mixer that works as advertised. However, it’s quite difficult to get everything to fit properly into the case. Not a big deal, but just wish it was a bit better designed.”
Get Yours Today
You can easily find this top-quality hand held mixer on Amazon. Check now for the lowest prices:
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Hand Mixer
There are a number of things you’ll want to think about before putting down your money for a new hand held mixer. Here are some of the most important ones.
#1: The Base
You’ll want to take the base into consideration when choosing which hand mixer is right for you. The ones that have bases which are too small will topple over easily if there is any food on the beaters. Is it annoying? Most certainly yes, so consider getting a machine with a wider, stable base to avoid this at all costs.
#2: Power (Measured in Watts)
The most powerful electric hand mixers have around 250 watts of power. Usually, the more the better because you’ll be able to churn through things like dough (with a dough hook) or large amounts of stiff icing.
All hand mixers come with beaters, but some of them also include a dough hook and whisk. These extras can be super handy, depending on what you plan to use your beater for.
You can spend at little as $20, or over $100 on a hand mixer. In our experience, the ones in the $30-50 range are a nice mix of nice design and durability, but reasonable price. The most expensive mixers have a ton of features that most people don’t really need, like a light for example.
#5: Weight and Feel
If you plan to use your mixer for things like meringue which takes a while to make, then you’ll want to ensure that’s in light in weight and has a nice feel in your hand along with easy grip.
Otherwise, your hand can get very fatigued.
#6: Speed Settings
The best hand mixers have a number of speed settings, starting with very slow so that you can prevent splatter when you’re getting started. Then, it goes up to very fast for things like meringue.
Have your Say about the Best Hand Mixer
What’s your pick for the best hand mixer of the year? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other cooking enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2019-08-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API