Homemade pasta is simple and cheap to make, plus it’s oh so delicious! But, one minor hassle is that the pasta can stick together when it comes out of your pasta maker. The best way to prevent this is to hang it on a pasta drying rack.
Keep on reading for our top five picks for the best pasta drying racks available today. But, first of all, here’s a sneak peak at some of our favourites.
What’s the Best Pasta Drying Rack?
Are you ready to see more details about our top choices for a pasta dryer stand? Then keep on reading!
#1: Marcato Pasta Drying Rack
- Marcato’s Atlas pasta drying Rack offers ample space for drying up to 4. 4-Pounds of all types of...
- Made in Italy from steel and polycarbonate; sturdy and durable; 16 rods (8-inches Each) fan out for...
- Multipurpose wand picks up freshly cut pasta and transports it to the drying rack or cooking pot and...
- Easily dry all long noodles, like spaghetti and fettuccine noodles, Angel hair, fettuccini, fusilli,...
- Measures 18. 5 x 2. 75"; wipe clean with a Dry brush or cloth; Available exclusively from HIC Harold...
Marcato Atlas is one of the most trusted names in Italian Cooking and their pasta dryer rack is no exception. It’s a top-quality stand with a ton of space, yet it collapses for easy storage. These are just a couple of the things that you’ll love about it. Read more to find out why it’s our #1 choice.
- Made in Italy
- Steel and polycarbonate
- Comes in a variety of colours
- Can dry up to 4.4 pounds of pasta
- The highest rods can handle very long noodles
- 16 rods that fan out for easy and convenient hanging
- The rods can be folded in for smaller storage
- Easy to clean with a dry brush or cloth
- 10 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Comes with instructions for use
“This pasta rack is amazing for so many reasons. It’s plastic which makes it extremely easy to clean and the pasta doesn’t stick to it like some of the other ones I’ve tried. Plus, you can fold it up into a very compact unit when you’re not using it. This, along with a sink colander for draining the pasta are my go-to kitchen gadgets.”
“I love the fact that you don’t have to position the wands precisely, but you can just turn the knob at the top and it does it for you automatically if you want another rod. It’s the only one I’ve tried that’s like this and it’s such a nice touch.”
“Sturdy enough that it looks like it’ll last for years. Plus, I love the various colour options. Just about the only not awesome thing is the price—it’s double some of the other ones but I’m not that sure it’s worth it.”
Shop Now for the Marcato Pasta Dryer Rack
Does it sound like the right plastic drying rack for your needs? You can find out more about this rack from Marcato on Amazon. Click the button below to learn more, and don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Compare the Best Pasta Drying Racks
Do you want to see the head-to-head comparison of the top rated pasta dryer stands to help you choose the right one for your home kitchen? Then you’ll definitely want to check out this chart below:
#2: Norpro Pasta Drying Rack
- If you love making homemade pasta as much as we do, this is a definite must have! Our traditional...
- The wooden rack stands 16 ½ inches tall, including a heavy, stable 7/8 inch thick base. Then...
- Made of environmentally friendly Rubberwood, the unfinished wood is perfect for keeping the pasta...
- Disassembles in seconds for easy storage.
- Making homemade pasta will never be the same! Easy to use, easy to clean, easy to store, saves time...
One of our top picks for a wooden pasta drying rack is this one from NorPro. It’s very reasonably priced and you’ll be able to dry or hang your pasta in the traditional way. It’s a classy addition to any home cook that loves to make delicious homemade pasta. Read more to find out why we recommend it so highly.
- Stands 16 inches tall
- Stable, wide base that can handle large amount of noodles
- 4, 18 inch dowels that slide through the center post, creating 8 rods to hang pasta on that won’t interfere with each other
- Tall enough for even the longest fettuccine noodles
- Made from environmentally friendly unfinished wood
- Can be disassembled easily in just a few seconds by taking the rods out for easy storage
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
“This thing is fantastic and it’s actually super useful, unlike a ton of other kitchen gadgets that just sit in my cupboard. Holds a surprising amount of pasta, plus it folds up really small and takes up hardly any space in my cupboard.”
“Maybe the perfect pasta drying rack! I have on complaints at all and would recommend this Norpro one to anyone.”
“I bought a pasta maker and then realized that it’s not that easy to make it without a rack to store and dry it on. Picked this rack up and it made things so much easier. As far as this specific rack goes, the price is certainly right and it does exactly what it needs to do!”
Get Yours Today
Does the Norpro pasta dry rack seem like the right option for your home kitchen? You can easily find it on Amazon. Click the button below to check for the best prices:
#3: KitchenAid Pasta Rack
- Makes it easy to dry large batches of pasta at a time
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Promotes fast, even drying for up to 4 lbs.
- 1-year limited warranty
- Assembly required, no tools needed
KitchenAid makes some of the best small kitchen appliances in the business and their pasta dryer is no exception. It’s a top-quality kitchen gadget that makes it easier than ever to make delicious homemade pasta. Read more to find out why it’s one of our top picks.
- Can dry up to 4 pounds of pasta at a time
- Fold flat for easy, convenient storage
- 1 year warranty
- Some assembly required (but no tools needed)
- Ideal for fast, even drying with maximum air flow
What do People Think About It?
“Works really well at drying a large amount of pasta at one time. It also folds up small and flat which makes it super easy to store when not in use.”
“Great product at a reasonable price that’s super well made, durable and sturdy. I have a feeling I’ll be using this drying rack in 10 years from now easily.”
“If you want to dry pasta to eat later, it’s all about air flow. You want to get air moving around it so that it dries evenly without wet spots while other spots are dry. The KitchenAid KPDR pasta drying rack does a great job of that and I’d definitely recommend this to anyone who makes homemade pasta.”
Where Can I Buy It?
Do you want to find out more about the KitchenAid pasta dryer? You can click the button below to see more details on Amazon. Check now for the lowest prices:
#4: KitchenDao Pasta Dryer Rack
- THE MOST COMPACT PASTA DRYING RACK ON THE MARKET: including pasta drying rack and pasta transfer...
- QUICK SET-UP: Set up the rack within 10 seconds
- ROTARY for easy use
- Detachable for easy cleaning and foldable for easy storage
- LIFETIME 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. We're confident with the quality and function. If you're not...
Another top pick for a pasta hanger is this one from KitchenDao. It’s made from stainless steel which makes it strong and durable but also super easy to clean. Find out more about why we like it so much.
- Quick set up
- Folds for easy storage
- Anti-slip feet
- Rods are detachable for easy cleaning
- Can hold up to 3 kg of pasta on 8 rods
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Lifetime warranty
- Anti-rolling system prevents pasta from falling off
What are People Saying Online?
“I’ve used this thing at least once a week for a few months ago and love it just as much as I did at the start. It’s ideal for drying or just hanging pasta until you plan to cook it.”
“Nice and sturdy, plus it fits into the most amazing tiny package in your drawer. It’s a cool device and fun to set up in just a few seconds!”
“Keep the box that it came in so that it doesn’t roll away when you put it in your cupboard or wherever.”
Do you want to know more about one of the most compact pasta dry racks on the market today? Then you’ll need to check it out over on Amazon, and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#5: Isiler Wooden Pasta Drying Rack
- High Capacity at Small Size: Measuring only 16 inches, the stand with its 4 branched arms with 8...
- Natural and Safe Material: The 100% natural beech wood material is easy to clean/dry (hand wash...
- Easy to Assemble: Compact storage in seconds thanks to the quick assembly/disassembly design for...
- Necessity for Great Pasta: 1 hour of drying greatly reduces the tendency of sticking together when...
- Ideal Complement for iSiLER Pasta Maker: With premium iSiLER pasta maker and beech wood pasta rack...
Rounding out our list is this wood pasta drying rack from Isiler. It’s made from natural beech wood and allows you to dry your pasta in the traditional way at home. Plus, it just looks great sitting on top of your counter!
- Measures 16″ in height
- 4 rods become 8 arms to dry pasta on
- Arms are detachable for easy storage
- Good for up to 4 pounds of pasta
- Ideal for many different kinds of pasta
- Hand wash only (check out our recommendations for a dishrack)
- FDA approved wood
- Dry for 1 hour to reduce sticking during cooking
- You can dry for 12 hours to increase shelf life to 7-10 days
“Nice design and super easy to use. Can’t believe I didn’t buy one of these things sooner actually!”
“This thing works great for storing pasta while you finish making the rest of your batch. It sure beats trying to keep it from sticking together on a plate or something.”
“Perfect for hanging multiple batches of noodles. It’s a nice natural wood and has a rustic kind of feel to it.”
Where Can I Buy One?
Do you want to know more about one of the best pasta drying racks? You can see more details over on Amazon and also check for the lowest prices:
Why Do I Need a Pasta Dryer Rack?
If you’ve ever made homemade pasta before, then you’re going to know exactly what we’re talking about—it can stick together and be a big mess to deal with! This doesn’t happen too often with egg pasta recipes, but with egg-free pasta? It’s not easy!
That’s why you’ll want to consider a pasta hanger like the ones on this list. You can dry your pasta for later use, or even just have a handy place to store it for cooking in a few minutes or an hour or two. Whatever the case, if you make pasta at home, you’ll certainly want one of these handy devices.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Pasta Drying Rack
There are a number of things that you’ll want to consider when choosing the best pasta dry rack. Here are just a few of the most important ones.
Amount of Pasta You Plan to Make
The amount of pasta a specific drying rack can handle varies considerably. Some offer as little space as 5 feet, while others can hold 12 feet or more. For a small family who plans on eating all the pasta they make in a single batch, the smaller one can work well for you.
However, in a commercial setting, or if you plan to make something like a double or triple batch and dry some for the coming days, then you’ll want to consider on of the higher-capacity pasta stands.
Type of Pasta
If you like to make longer lasagna, spaghetti, or fettuccine noodles, then you’ll want to check on the height of the rack. The last thing you want is your noodles laying flat on your counter! Of course, if you make shorter pasta, then it won’t be a consideration for you.
Drying Rack Materials
You can find wooden or plastic pasta hangers. The plastic ones are easier to clean, but don’t look as nice! Plus, your pasta can stick more easily to them so be sure to use a liberal amount of flour.
The wooden pasta drying racks have that rustic feel to them, and the pasta generally won’t stick, but they are a bit more difficult to clean.
There are some collapsible or folding pasta dryer stands that you’ll want to consider if you have a very small kitchen with limited storage space. The smaller the storage footprint, the better in your situation!
As with any product that you buy, it’s wise to check reviews to find out what other people are saying about it. The best place to check is on Amazon, particularly at the 3-4 star reviews. This will usually give you the best indication of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses.
Of course, price is a factor when buying most things! Noodle drying racks range in price from $10-50 USD. Even the lower-end ones will get the job done, but we usually recommend spending somewhere in the middle. That’s because you’ll get a bit more capacity, durability and something that’s not cheap plastic!
Do you have a Pasta Maker that you Recommend?
If you’re looking for a pasta machine, then you’ll want to consider the following top options:
Or, check out this article for all the details you need to know: Best Pasta Makers.
Pasta Drying Rack DIY
Do you want to make your own pasta rack? It’s entirely possible with a few simple materials and tools. Check out this short video on YouTube for everything you need to know about a DIY Pasta dry rack:
Have your Say about the Best Pasta Rack
What’s your top pick for a pasta dry rack? Is it one of the ones from this list, or do you have another one that you’d like to recommend? Leave a comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other pasta enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2020-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API