Easy Homemade Pasta Recipe
Do you belong to a pasta-loving family? If you do, don’t you think it’s wiser to serve the family’s favorite dish fresh and homemade? This is even a more practical choice. What you need is a best performing pasta maker and we’ll take care of the recipe.
For the best advice on choosing a top-quality pasta machine at a reasonable price, see this article: Top 5 Pasta Makers. Or, make your life easy and get our #1 pick on Amazon today: The Marcato Atlas Pasta Machine.
If you haven’t tried any homemade pasta recipe, don’t worry. We’ll make sure that what you’ll follow here are easy steps. The ingredients should never be your major concern because we will include those that are easy to find.
If you are not an experienced cook, it’s okay! You’ll definitely be better in the kitchen once you’ve tried our homemade pasta recipe. With a reliable pasta machine, you can’t go wrong with any pasta dish you’d love to serve your family. Certainly, you’ll be confident in preparing the Italian dish with our easy-to-follow fresh pasta recipe.
To make a Homemade Pasta Recipe, you will need:
For Fresh Egg Pasta:
2 cups, flour (have some more for rolling the pasta)
½ teaspoon, salt
3 pieces, eggs (large)
Here’s How to Make your Homemade Pasta:
- Combine together the salt and flour.
- Make a deep well in the middle of your combined flour and salt. Then, crack the eggs and add into the well. Using the dough whisk, whisk the eggs to combine.
- Start combining the eggs and flour. Don’t be in a hurry when doing this step. The eggs will appear slurring at first. But once there is enough flour added, the mixture will begin forming the soft dough.
- Start kneading the pasta dough. You can do this by turning the dough and the unused flour out on the counter. Gently, start folding the dough, flatten it then fold again.
- Leave the pasta dough in the mixing bowl and cover it with a plastic wrap. Leave it for about half an hour.
- Sprinkle the baking sheet with flour and put the dough on top. When taking the dough from the bowl, you’ll find it sticking. Use a bowl scraper to remove it. Divide your dough into 4 equal parts. Sprinkle the small portions with some more flour then cover it with the dishtowel.
- Start rolling out the pasta. Setting the pasta maker to the thickest setting, flatten a portion of the divided dough between your hands and place it through the pasta roller. Repeat the same step once or twice. Fold the said portion of dough into three as if you are folding a letter. Press it again between your hands. With your pasta maker still on its widest setting, put the pasta in crosswise position between the rollers. Feed the pasta once or twice until smoothen. Or, you could use a rolling pin (see: best rolling pins here).
- To make the pasta thinner, start changing your settings for the pasta to roll thinner. Make the rolling process twice or thrice in every setting and never skip the settings.
- Cut your long stretches of dough about 12-inches long. For filled pasta and lasagna, go on with the shaping. When cutting the pasta, switch the setting from pasta roller to noodle cutter. Toss the cut pasta with a small amount of flour to avoid sticking. Gather them and place in a loose basket. Set your basket on the baking sheet sprinkled with flour and covered with towel as you finish the rolling and cutting procedure.
- Cook your pasta immediately into a large pot of boiling water with salt. Cook it until it’s al dente for about 4 to 5 minutes and then drain well with a large strainer. For dry pasta, lay the cooked pasta over coat hangers and leave it air dry until it becomes totally brittle. Better yet, get a pasta dryer. Store the pasta in an airtight or sealed container for a couple of weeks.
What about the Pasta Sauce for your Homemade Pasta Recipe?
Most of the time, health-conscious people are hesitant to eat pasta because they feel they are loading too much carbs. But, you can make it a healthy option for your family with our delicious and simple homemade tomato pasta sauce recipe. Tomatoes are a well-known superfood and once you cook them, you get even more benefits. This tomato sauce recipe is super versatile and you can add more veggies, meat, etc. Kids love this recipe too!
However, if you’re not watching your calories and don’t mind a meal or two with some serious gluttony, then you’ll need our Cream Pasta Sauce Recipe. It’s not only super simple but also super delicious. Try it out and we’re sure you’ll love it.
We hope you enjoyed our homemade pasta recipe! Delicious home-cooking is easier than you think. Give it a try today! And, if you’re allergic to gluten, worry not. Consider making some Zoodles!
Have your Say about this Homemade Pasta Dough Recipe
What are your thoughts about this homemade pasta dough recipe? Do you have any tips or tricks for making your own pasta at home? Leave a comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other home cooking enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2020-03-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API