Investing in great-quality cookware is something most people should give importance to. Frying pans, most notably, as they are one of the most commonly used cooking tools daily.
In this article, we will provide you with a rundown of our top five frying pan sets choice as well as a buying guide to help you make the best choice for your home kitchen.
Top 5 Frying Pan Sets
Are you ready to find out the top picks? Then keep on reading for our frying pan reviews to help you make the ultimate cookware choice for your home kitchen.
#1: Utopia Kitchen 3-Piece Frying Pan Set
- The wobble-free bakelite handles are ergonomically designed and riveted strongly to the pans so you...
- The 3 piece frying pan set includes an 8 inches, a 9.5 inches and an 11 inches frying pans to fit...
- The induction bottom of the frying pans is suitable for all types of cooking; including electric and...
- The professional grade aluminum makes the frying pans durable, light-weighted and sturdy.
- The pans have high quality double coated nonstick interior which allows for easier cooking and...
The Utopia Kitchen frying pan set promises to bring the best cooking experience for you. This non-stick pan set includes three pans with induction bottoms, which make them suitable for all cooking methods, including ceramic and electric cooktops.
- 3-piece frying pan set: 1 8-inch pan, one 9.5-inch pan, one 11-inch pan
- Crafted with premium-grade aluminum
- Double-coated non-stick interiors
- Strongly riveted handles
- Durable and built to last
- Suitable for induction cooking as well as gas or electric stovetops
- Free of harmful chemicals and toxins
Customer Reviews for the Utopia Kitchen 3-Piece Non-Stick Frying Pan Set
“I’ve used these pans on our stovetop almost every day with no problems. Great buy! I love the variety of sizes that are ideal for just about anything I’m cooking from a big stir-fry to a small fried egg for one.”
“They are very easy to wash by hand with soapy water. It’s obvious that they’ll last a long time and the non-stick surface makes it really easy to cook without lots of oil. I love to use these, along with my electric griddle to make up a big family brunch on holidays.”
“I love how durable these pans are. So happy with my purchase. Light in weight and easy to cook with and then clean up after. Probably the best frying pan that I’ve personally ever used.”
The Takeaway on Utopia Kitchen’s 3-Piece Non-Stick Frying Pan Set
Overall, the Utopia Kitchen’s 3-Piece Non-Stick Frying Pan Set offers excellent features that will help you prepare restaurant-like meals. We recommend you check out this product if you are looking for a professional-grade pan that won’t break the bank.
Shop Now for the Best Frying Pan
Does this frying pan set from Utopia Kitchen sound like the right option for you? You can easily get it on Amazon and don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Utopia Kitchen Fry Pan Review
Do you want to know more about one of the best frying pan sets? Then you’ll want to check out this short review video with all the details you need to know:
#2: Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Frying Pan Set
- Heavy gauge aluminum construction ensures even heating and is hard anodized for durability It also...
- Interior includes 3 layers of nonstick coating 2 layers provide durability and the third layer...
- The long, brushed stainless steel handles are designed to stay cool on the stovetop; Pans and covers...
- Flat, wide bottoms heat evenly and provide plenty of room for cooking; The sloped sides are designed...
- The nonstick fry pan surface means you can cook healthier using less fat, with effortless cleanup;...
The Calphalon Contemporary frying pan set offers exceptional durability. This 2-piece pan set features triple non-stick coating layers, which ensure optimum performance, reliability, and ease of cleaning.
Key Features of Calphalon’s Contemporary Hard-Anodized Frying Pan Set
- Premium-grade aluminum construction
- Triple layers of non-stick coating
- 2-piece set: a 10-inch and 12-inch pan
- The small one makes an ideal omelette fry pan
- Flat and wide bottoms
- Easy clean up (dishwasher safe)
- Oven safe up to 450 degrees F to finish cooking food
- Lifetime warranty
“It has a good depth making it perfect for frying chicken. I made the switch to these from cast iron pans and just find them so much easier to clean up and deal with afterwards.”
“It is crafted with heavy aluminum material. These are top quality frying pans and I love to use the smaller one for omelettes. The non-stick surface really is non-stick and it makes it super easy to flip it over and I also don’t have to use a lot of oil..”
“I have used these pans for months now, and they still look great. It may just be the best fry pan I’ve ever used and the quality of these ones compared to some of the cheaper ones I’ve tried is evident.”
Summary for Calphalon’s Contemporary Hard-Anodized Frying Pan Set
The Calphalon Contemporary frying pans are durable, well-crafted, and are very easy to clean. We strongly recommend you check this product out if you are on the market for a heavy-duty frying pan set.
Here are Kitchen Gadget Reviews, we LOVE companies that stand behind their products. In this case, Calphalon offers a full lifetime warranty which is certainly what we like to see and this fact alone makes this one of the best frying pan brands.
Where Can I Buy It?
Do you want to pick yourself up this top-notch fry pan? The best place to find it is on Amazon because you can get the highest quality for the lowest prices. Head over there right now:
Compare the Best Quality Frying Pans
Do you want to see our top picks for the best frying pan brands side-by-side? Then you’ll certainly want to check out our handy comparison chart below:
#3: T-fal ProGlide Frying Pan Set
- Unique thermo spot heat indicator clearly shows when pan is properly preheated
- Superior proglide non stick interior withstands the rigors of everyday cooking
- Stylish, ergonomically designed and color matched handles for safety, comfort and beauty
- T fal's heat mastery system combines our superior non stick coating, with an even heat base and...
- Dishwasher safe; Oven safe to 350°f
When talking about smart technology, the T-fal ProGlide Frying Pan Set is one of our best recommendations. This frying pan set comes with two non-stick pans that feature a Thermo spot heat indicator. As a result, you get the perfect cooking results every time you use these pans.
- Two-piece pan set: an 8-inch and 10.5-inch pan
- Includes a Thermo spot heat indicator that tells you when the pan is hot
- Non-stick interiors
- Comes with, or without pour spouts
- Beautiful design and looks sleek and stylish in any kitchen
- Oven safe up to 350 degrees F
What Do People Think About It?
“I’ve used them almost every day for months now, and they remain non-stick. I love that I can pop them into the oven to finish off my food. I use them to get potatoes nice and brown and then put them in the oven to finish cooking completely. Same with meat like pork chops.”
“I have a set of these pans in the color blue, and I love how they look. Super stylish and the quality is evident. I have a feeling I’ll be using these things in years from now still. I use them, along with my electric skillet for when my whole extended family comes over and find them to be a nice combination.”
“Excellent pans! Worth the money. They are a bit heavier than the cheap pans you might buy at like Wal-Mart which makes them nicer to cook with because you won’t burn your food in a few seconds of inattention.”
The Takeaway on T-fal’s Frying Pan Set
T-fal is well-known for producing top-quality cookware, hence why there’s no doubt this frying pan set is going to be of optimum quality. It really is one of the most trusted brands in frying pans and all of their products certainly meet our quality standards.
However, the thing we like most is the heat indicator which tells you when your pan is hot and ready to go. This makes it super easy to cook with and we certainly appreciate this nice feature.
Learn More about One of the Best Frying Pans
Do you want to pick yourself up this fry pan set from T-Fal, one of the most trusted names in the business? Head on over to Amazon to learn more:
#4: Lagostina Copper Frying Pan Set
- Hammered Copper Exterior looks beautiful and reacts quickly to changes in heat, making it a great...
- Tri-Ply Clad Construction features layers of stainless steel, aluminum, and copper which means pan...
- Cooking surface is made of 18/10 premium grade stainless steel so food stays pure
- Stainless Steel Handles are fully cast and are riveted on to pans for extra durability
- Oven and Broiler Safe to 500 °F. Lifetime Warranty
If you are on the hunt for a top-quality frying pan set that is also going to look beautiful in your kitchen, the Lagostina Stainless Frying Pan Set is the way to go. These copper, stainless steel pans are crafted to provide exceptional cooking experience and utmost durability.
- 2-piece frying pan set: an 8-inch and a 10-inch pan
- Tri-ply clad build; layers of aluminum, stainless steel and hammered copper
- Reacts quickly to changes in heat
- Cooking surface: 18/10 professional-grade stainless steel
- Boiler and oven safe up to 500 degrees
- Durable and will last a lifetime
- From one of the most trusted brands in cookware
- Lifetime warranty
Online Reviews for the Lagostina Copper Frying Pan Set
“I use these pans on an electric stovetop daily with no issues. I love the fact that Lagostina has a lifetime warranty. They’re kind of expensive but you’ll buy them once and use them for a lifetime so I don’t mind.”
“Although it doesn’t claim to have a non-stick coating, food doesn’t easily stick to the pan. All you have to do is use a light coat of oil. I like that there’s no Teflon to flake off of these things. They’re seriously built to last.”
“They are surprisingly easy to clean and I use them to cook just about everything here at my house! They fit well into my extra-large dish drying rack.”
The Takeaway on Lagostina Frying Pans
If you’re looking for probably the most trusted names in fry pans, then Lagostina is probably it. They are super durable and will last a lifetime. If they don’t, take advantage of the full warranty and excellent customer service from the company!
Combine that with smart design, non-stick surfaces and you certainly have one of the best frying pan brands on the market today. There isn’t that much not to love about Lagostina.
Where Can I Get Them?
Do you want to pick yourself up these Lagostina frying pans? Head over to Amazon to check for the best prices and don’t forget to see if they’re eligible for free shipping:
#5: VonShef Hard-Anodized Frying Pan Set
- TWIN PACK - 9.5” and 11” Premium Quality Non-Stick Coating
- HARD-ANODIZED: Durable and strong 3.5mm thick hard anodized aluminum body is made for long-lasting...
- DOUBLE LAYER NON-STICK: Premium double layered non stick interior for easy cleaning and cooking with...
- RIVETED ERGONOMIC HANDLES: Shaped stainless steel handle for safe, comfortable handling. Also...
- COMPATIBLE ON ALL STOVETOPS & OVEN SAFE: Suitable for use on induction stovetops as well as gas,...
The VonShef’s hard-anodized frying pan set offers optimum durability and functionality. These frying pans help you create exceptional meals for your family and friends. These frying pans are also versatile enough and suitable for induction, electric, and gas stove cooktops use.
- 2-piece frying pan set: a 9.5-inch and 11-inch pan
- 3.5 mm thickness
- Hard-anodized aluminum
- Two layers of non-stick coating
- Riveted handles that are designed ergonomically
- Oven-safe and suitable for use on all cooktops, including induction stoves
- Excellent heat conduction
- Oven safe up to 500 degrees
- Free of harmful chemicals
“These pans are lightweight and very easy to maneuver. When you consider the price, they’re a serious winner!”
“Versatile and highly durable. Truly worth the price and I love the fact that they truly are nonstick. I do use a little bit of oil when cooking but they’re so good that you almost don’t have to.”
“Cleaning these pans are always a breeze and they are a nice value when you compare them to some frying pan sets that are like 5-10x the price of these ones.”
Should You Consider Buying The VonShef Hard-Anodized Frying Pan Set?
If you want a frying pan set that is smartly-crafted, easy to clean, and is built to last? We highly recommend you check this product out. Combine that with the reasonable price and you certainly have a winner.
Get yours Today
Every single home kitchen needs a top quality frying pan set like this one. Head over to Amazon to find the lowest prices:
Top 6 Factors To Consider When Buying a Frying Pan Set
Not sure which frying pan set to invest in? Below is a list of factors you need to consider when shopping for a frying pan.
#1: The Material
Most frying pans are made of aluminum or stainless steel pans. These types of pans are durable, lightweight, and easy to clean.
When shopping for frying pans, it is essential to look at the craftsmanship to ensure reliability for long term use.
#2: Non-Stick Coating
The non-stick coating on frying pans is mainly for ease of cleaning. Additionally, the non-stick coating helps minimize the amount of butter or oil to be used when cooking.
The two main types of non-stick coating are ceramic and PTFE. Ceramic coating is a silica-based gel, while PTFE or also referred to as Teflon, is a synthetic coating that can repel water. Either type of non-stick coating is effective in preventing food from sticking to the pan.
#3: Heat Conductivity
Excellent heat conductivity ensures meals are cooked with the right amount of heat. Aluminum pans are known for having exceptional heat conductivity. It is also ideal to look for anodized aluminum pans as they are less prone to corrosion.
When buying a frying pan, it is perfect to choose one that is suitable for use on various cooktops such as induction, electric, or gas stoves. Some frying pans are also oven-safe, which is an excellent bonus.
#6: The Price
Frying pan sets price ranges from $35 to $160 depending on the brand, material, and the set’s inclusion. You get what you pay for when it comes to frying pans. However, we recommend you choose a set that meets all the other four factors mentioned above.
#7: Customer Reviews
As with anything that you might consider buying, it’s prudent to check customer reviews to see what actual users are saying about the product.
In this case, we recommend checking the 3-4 star reviews on Amazon which will usually give you a very accurate picture of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses.
Frying Pan FAQ’s
There are a number of common questions that people have about frying pans and skillets. Here are the answers to the most popular ones:
What is the Difference Between a Skillet and a Frying Pan?
There is no difference between a skillet and a frying pan (or fry pan) and the two names are used interchangeably. However, there is a difference between a skillet/fry pan and a saute pan. The skillet has slanted sides while a saute pan has straight sides.
What is a Frying Pan Used For?
A frying pan is a multi-purpose cooking tool that can be used for many things, including frying, searing, browning and simmering foods. Some typical uses include eggs or omelettes, cooking fish or chicken, grilled sandwiches, French toast, pancakes and a number of other foods as well.
Do Chefs Use Non Stick Pans?
Most chefs do not use non stick pans that are coated with Teflon, but instead opt for carbon steel skillets. Once seasoned correctly though, carbon steel is essentially non-stick and can do basically anything: bake, broil, sear and stir-fry. The advantage is that carbon steel pans transfer heat quickly and are also very durable.
Does Olive Oil Ruin Non Stick Pans?
Using oil in non stick pans isn’t necessary. However, if you do, it won’t ruin the finish on your nonstick cookware. The key is choosing the correct oil with a high smoke point, or using it only at lower temperatures so that it won’t break down during the cooking process, which can ruin your food.
Is Ceramic Better than Non Stick for Frying Pans?
Ceramic cookware is considered to be slightly safer than non-stick Teflon pans because of composition of the coating. Teflon can break down and emit toxic fumes at very high temperatures while ceramic is more stable and is free from lead, cadmium, PFOA or PTFE.
Are Scratched Pans Dangerous?
When your non stick pans and cookware are scratched, the coating can flake into food and release toxic compounds. This is especially bad at high temperatures because the pan can release a toxic chemical called perfluorooctanoic acid. In addition, scratched pans cause the pan to become stickier and more difficult to use. Be sure to use plastic cooking utensils to avoid this problem.
What is a French Skillet?
A french skillet is a hybrid between a frying pan and a saute pan. They have higher, but less flared sides than a normal frying pan and hold more volume. The handles are a bit longer than a fry pan which means they stay cool on the stove and feel comfortable to the touch.
When Should you Throw Out Non Stick Pans?
It’s best to avoid scratching or chipping your non sticks pans in the first place by using plastic or wood cooking utensils. However, throw out non stick pans when they chip or flake because they can release toxic compounds into your food, especially when used at higher temperatures.
Have your Say about the Best Frying Pan
What’s your pick for the best fry pan? Is it one of the options from this list or do you have your eye on another brand? Leave a comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other home cooking enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2020-04-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API