How do you know if your steak is done? A number of hacks like eyeballing or pressing it can help you out. Although these methods may work, they are not always accurate. Therefore, if precision is your goal, meat thermometers should be a must-have kitchen companion.
If it is your first time buying a meat thermometer, the selection process can be quite intimidating. You will first have to decide whether you want a probe or digital instant-read thermometer. Among other factors, your budget will play a huge role in your hunt. Let us have a look at some of the best meat thermometers currently in the market.
Best Meat Thermometer: Top 5 Picks
Are you ready to get into the best digital meat thermometers? Then you’ll want to keep on reading to see our top picks right here.
#1: ThermoPro TP-16 Digital Meat Thermometer
- 【Cook mode with USDA Preset Temperature Settings】 ThermoPro cooking thermometer ideal for meat,...
- 【Timer mode】Digital kitchen timer features countdown and countup ability, up to 99 hours, 59...
- 【High Accuracy & Heat Resistance】Meat probe and wire can withstand up to 716°F, you can cook...
- 【Easy operation】 Accurate grill meat thermometer with 6.5" food grade STEP-DOWN tip design...
- 【3 YEAR WARRANTY】REGISTER your BBQ thermometer after purchase and INCREASE YOUR WARRANTY...
Whether you are an inexperienced or seasoned cook, this thermometer is a perfect addition to your kitchen tools. It is quite easy to use even for the newbies and gives fantastic results. So, what makes this tool from ThermoPro one of the best? Find out below!
- Has an alarm function for perfect timing
- Has preset temperatures for every type of meat
- It can withstand up to 380 degrees celsius
- The large LCD display gives you a perfect view of the readings
- Highly portable
- Comes with a five-recipe eBook
Customer Reviews for ThermoPro TP-16 Digital Meat Thermometer
“I usually check for products with 4-star reviews then I try them out. ThermoPro TP-16 happened to be one of them and I have since enjoyed it. Its accuracy is impressive even when dealing with very high temperatures and it’s probably one of the best meat thermometers that I’ve ever used.”
“Apart from its price, what I liked the most is the pre-programmed feature. I have since taken the guesswork out of the equation, and I can’t tell you how much of a pro I feel like right now! I mostly use it when BBQing or smoking meat.”
“This thermometer is very simple to use with no technical skills required. The readings also seem pretty accurate but you need to take a lot of care while washing to avoid any damages.”
The Takeaway on ThermoPro Digital Meat Thermometer
Looking for a budget-friendly yet functional meat thermometer? This one is for you! ThermoPro TP-16 has all the necessary features that you’d need in a meat thermometer. Check it out today and upgrade your cooking.
Do you want to pick up one of the best cooking thermometers? You can easily get it over on Amazon. Click the button below to find the best prices and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Compare Meat Thermometers
Check out this head to head comparison of some of our top choices in this handy chart we put together for you:
#2: ThermoPro TP20 Wireless Digital Meat Thermometer
- 【Smart LCD Backlit Screen】BBQ thermometer has 3 different backlight colors to provide a visual...
- 【Hands-Free Design】Wireless digital kitchen thermometer has a range of up to 300 feet, easily...
- 【Preset Temperature Settings】Wireless Food Cooking thermometer is programmed with preset...
- 【Simple Setup】 Transmitter and Receiver are pre-synchronized at manufacturing facility, no...
- 【3 YEAR WARRANTY! REGISTER your BBQ thermometer after purchase and INCREASE YOUR WARRANTY COVERAGE...
Do you always open the oven to measure your meats’ temperature? Well, that’s a hassle that you can avoid by buying this ThermoPro wireless thermometer. All you need to do is place one of the probes in the meat and have your transmitter seated outside the oven. Use the 300-feet-range remote to your convenience by attending to other tasks.
Key Features of ThermoPro Digital Meat Thermometer
- Comes with a transmitter and a wireless remote receiver for convenience
- Can measure up to 572 degrees F
- The remote receiver works within a radius of 300 feet
- The probes have steel mesh cables of about 40 inches each
- The timer can count up to 100 hours of cooking
“I use this thermometer for almost everything from roasting, smoking with wood chips, and even making candy. I must say the temperature range is what I appreciate the most because with that I can prepare just about any recipe.”
“ThermoPro has been my go-to manufacturer whenever I want a meat thermometer and this TP20 is one of the reasons why. Using both probes is what I find more effective because I usually fail to find the most central and deepest part of the roast.”
“I never knew such technology existed until I came across some reviews online. I decided to try it out and it seems to be one of the most significant decisions. Now I can watch the game without worrying about the steak in my oven.”
Summary for ThermoPro TP20 Digital Meat Thermometer
Welcome to the 21st-century where everything is advanced. ThermoPro has definitely played its part and it’s now upon you to use this technology to your advantage. The wireless remote is probably what makes this tool one of the most sophisticated.
Get Yours Today
Does it sound like the best food thermometer for your needs? Click the button below to head over to Amazon to find out more about this item here:
#3: Kizen Instant Read Meat Thermometer
- ✅ULTRA FAST - Takes a temperature in a little as 2-3 seconds, and is accurate to +/-1 degrees with...
- ✅WATERPROOF - IP67 rated waterproof, the Kizen thermometer can be washed under running water...
- ✅CONVENIENT AND CLEAR - Get the temperature by the bright and large LCD screen instead of fumbling...
- ✅FULLY BUNDLED WITH BONUS EXTRAS TO GIVE YOU THE MOST VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY! - Comes beautifully...
- ✅KIZEN 100% MONEY BACK LIFETIME WARRANTY - Enjoy a smooth & frustration free experience with our...
The third on the list is the Kizen Instant-Read meat thermometer. Do you want to record the temperature of your meat instantly? Kizen instant-read thermometer requires only three seconds of your time. Do not assume that the food is ready when you can be certain of its status with this handy tool.
- Can measure the temperature within three seconds
- Its accuracy level is at +/- 1 degree
- It measures up to 572 degrees Fahrenheit
- Suitable for meat, deep-fries, and beverages
- Made of a waterproof and sturdy plastic
- The bright LCD light helps you see the readings in the dark
- Switches off automatically after 10 minutes of no activity
What do People Think About It?
“The first thermometer I bought must have had some defects but thanks to the ever-responsive customer service, I received another. This one works as described and is quite accurate which is ideal for someone who likes precision as me.”
“I have always been quite concerned about these instant-read thermometers. However, the functionality of Kizen is quite impressive not to mention the sleek appearance. Awesome for cooking burgers on the grill. And, don’t forget to pick up a grill cleaning brush too!”
“If you love grilling, then an instant-read is a must-have tool. Ever since I bought mine, the quality of my food has been at par with those at a high-end restaurant.”
The Takeaway on Kizen Instant Read Meat Thermometer
Do not undercook or overcook your meat when we have a solution right here. Kizen instant-read thermometer does not require any technical skills; just insert and read! The three-second measurement speed is probably the fastest. Get yours today and enjoy the features that Kizen has in store for you.
Where Can I Buy One of these Meat Thermometers?
The best place to buy top rated meat thermometers is on Amazon. You’ll be able to see the biggest selection and also get the lowest prices. Head over there now to pick up this item for your home kitchen:
#4: ThermoPro TP03 Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer
- 【SUPER FAST】 Instant Reading Thermometer with backlight features 3.9" food grade stainless steel...
- 【ACCURATE READOUT】 Cooking Thermometer with temp range of -58°F ~ 572°F (-50°C ~ 300°C),...
- 【EASY TO USE】 Kitchen Thermometer with foldable probe design folds away easily and locks into...
- 【SMART DESIGN】 Digital Meat Thermometer will auto-shut off if readout stays on for 10 minutes;...
- 【3 YEARS WARRANTY! REGISTER your grilling thermometer after purchase and INCREASE YOUR WARRANTY...
Another product from ThermoPro is here with us and that should already tell you what to expect from this company. It is an effective solution in achieving the most precise temperature readings within no time. Here are the features!
- Has a very clear and brightly lit LCD display
- Has a power-saving feature installed to ensure the batteries last long enough
- Features a fold-away probe for safety purposes
- Ultra-fast reading system – takes less than five seconds
- You can choose between Fahrenheit and Celsius readings
Online Reviews for the ThermoPro TP03 Digital Thermometer
“I tested it with a $100-dollar Thermopen and I must say the results were astounding. They both showed the same reading within almost the same time, which shows what a quality instrument ThermoPro TP03 is.”
“Having used it for a few months, I have been impressed with how fast it displays the results. I still cannot believe I got this instrument at less than $15 – such a bargain.”
“My last thermometer used a button battery and it was quite expensive. However, this one accepts a regular AAA battery, whose replacement is way cheaper.”
Summary for ThermoPro TP03 Digital Thermometer
Do you want a simple thermometer that will give the readings you want without so much hassle? ThermoPro TP03 is your best bet and it goes at a throw-away price. Get yours today and see it for yourself!
Click the button below to find the lowest prices on top rated meat thermometers like this one:
#5: Lavatools PT12 Instant Read Meat Thermometer
- 3-4 second ultra-fast response time with an accuracy better than ±0.9°F.
- Large 1.4" easy-to-read display and IP65 splash-proof construction.
- Integrated magnet for convenient storage on refrigerators or ovens.
- Meat thermometer also perfect for oil fryers, bread, candy, coffee, and homebrews.
- NSF certified superior build quality like nothing else on the market. Backed by an industry-leading...
If all the devices above did not please you, then this one might. The Lavatools PT12 thermometer gives you instant readings of your meat’s temperature. Take out the guesswork in your food preparation process.
- It can process the readings within four seconds
- Has an accuracy range of +/-0.9 degrees F
- The magnetic back allows for convenient storage
- It is splash resistant
- Has an antimicrobial feature on its surface to prevent any growth of pathogens
“I have used this thermometer for a few months now and it has consistently given me accurate readings. The calibration seems better than most of the other thermometers I have used before.”
“It works exactly as described in the manual and requires no technical skills. The magnet at the back has proven to be quite helpful for me especially when storing the thermometer.”
“I got excited about this instrument after reading several online reviews. It never occurred to me that this instrument could work as perfectly as advertised but it did and I still use it now – seven months down the line.”
Should you Consider Buying Lavatools PT12 Thermometer?
If you are looking for a tested and proven thermometer, then here is one. You should definitely consider purchasing it whether you are a newbie or an experienced chef. We promise you won’t regret your experience with this futuristic instrument.
Where Can I Find One?
This is certainly one of our top meat thermometers for grilling so if that’s what you’re looking for, then head over to Amazon to pick one up for yourself today:
Top 6 Factors to Consider When Buying a Meat Thermometer
Choosing the best thermometer for your cooking adventures can be quite difficult. However, if you put some factors in mind, you will end up with an instrument that best suits your tasks. Take a look at some of the things you should consider.
#1: Type of Thermometers for Cooking
There are two main types of thermometer that you can use to measure the temperature of your meat. A probe thermometer is the one that requires you to insert the probe in the meat then leave it in the oven to continuously measure readings. The other time is instant-read which will give you the results within seconds. Choosing either of these models will depend on what you deem convenient to you.
#2: Ease of use
Some of the things to look out for in this section include the display. Are the readings as visible as you’d like, and does the LCD have enough light? Another factor to keep in mind is the cleaning process. You’d want one that is quite easy to clean to prevent any damages on the instrument.
Ensure that the batteries are enclosed somewhere your children cannot access. Most thermometers use button batteries and if swallowed by children, they can be dangerous. Also, keep the spare batteries out of reach for safety purposes.
#4: Accuracy and Top Rated Meat Thermometers
The one reason why you’ve decided to acquire a thermometer is to increase your precision. Therefore, it will not be of any help if the thermometer also has a lot of errors. A slight deviation from the actual value is acceptable provided it is not more than two degrees.
Instant-read thermometers are relatively cheaper than those with probes. The brand may also determine how much a thermometer will cost. Therefore, before you settle on a model and brand, make sure your wallet allows so.
#6: Customer Reviews for the Top Meat Thermometers
As with anything, it’s prudent to check reviews first to make sure that you know the product’s true strengths and weaknesses before dropping your cash on it! In this case, we recommend taking a look at the 3-4 star reviews on Amazon which can give you a good indication of whether or not a certain item is the right choice for you.
Have your Say about the Best Meat Thermometers
What’s your pick for the best cooking thermometer? Is it one of the options from this or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other home cooking enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource guide.
Last update on 2020-04-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API