Do you want to make bubbly water at quickly and easily? Then the Sodastream Power should be at the top of your list of things to buy as it’s one of the top products on the market today.
Read our buying guide packed with information to help you decide if it’s right for you.
What is the Soda Stream Power?
If there truly was one way to describe how much SodaStream has advanced since the 80s, it’s in only one word: Power. This special device is aimed at those who simply love sparkling water but hate the waste that comes from plastic bottles and having to drag them from the supermarket all the way to their homes.
So Convenient to Use
The SodaStream Power is both stylish and convenient. Now a far cry from its previous boxy models, the Power was created in collaboration with Swiss designer Yves Behar, who also happens to be the chief creative officer at wearable tech company Jawbone. From his genius comes a sleek combination of stainless, anodised aluminum with either white or black fascias, making sure that it compliments even the most modern of kitchens there are.
- Does not contain Co2 carbonator; 60 liter carbonator sold separately
- Includes: (1)Power Sparkling Water Maker and (1) 1 Liter BPA-Free Reusable Carbonating Bottle
- Single-touch technology for automatic carbonation
- Snap-lock technology for easy bottle insertion
- For troubleshooting and warranty information please contact a sparkling water specialist at...
- Powered by CO2 and doesn’t require electricity
- Some machines do not contain carbonator
- Sparking water maker starter kit includes sparkling water maker and 1, 1 liter reusable container
- Single-touch technology that makes bubbly water in seconds
- Snap-lock design makes it easy to use
- Small, sleek looking design
- Designed by Yves Behar
Does this soda machine sound like exactly what you need at your home or office? You can check now on Amazon.com for the lowest prices, and also to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Design: Stylish and Simple
The Power is, put simply, a beaut, no matter how you look at it. Although it may seem to be precariously balanced on a metal stand, it’s actually planted firmly on the worktop, whereas a textured recess gives it an attractive appeal when not in use.
Other than this interesting detailing, everything else is minimal. There are three brushed-metal fizz level buttons at the top, each of which has LED indicators and are marked by varying water droplets, indicating options of lightly, medium, and intensely sparkling water.
The gas canister and the power supply outlet, on the other hand, are concealed by a gently curved cover at the back. There’s even a ‘snap lock’ mechanism that ensures the bottle is firmly placed before carbonation, reducing the risk for splashes and sprays during use.
What do People Think About It?
“The power model is a nice upgrade from the Sodastream that I bought years ago. It’s a bit thinner than previous models so takes up less space on the countertop. However, it has a bit of weight to it and is more substantial. Very easy to set up and use and I like it better than the Drinkmate.”
“Easier to use than the old ones with just a press of a button. Seriously, love this thing and I would never waste my money on carbonated water from the store. Probably our favourite kitchen appliance. They make a really nice gift too.”
“Our family just doesn’t drink that much water straight out of the tap, which is why use this thing! It’s far better for our health than juice or pop. For a special treat, we add some ice and flavoured syrup, but for everyday use, we usually just throw in a splash of lemon or lime juice.”
What’s It Like To Use this Soda Maker?
It’s pretty simple to put the Power together, though not completely intuitive. For instance, the 60-liter CO2 cylinder that comes with the device is inserted via the base of the machine before screwing it into place, while the power supply must first have the back plate removed before fitting the power lead into a dedicated slot. The plug, should it be the UK version, needs up be assembled from a variety of international adaptors that are included.
Single Bottle Included
This kitchen appliance comes with a single BPA-free bottle for fizzing and filling, and even though it’s not dishwater safe – which also takes a while to clean up if you’re using Soda Stream’s flavored drink syrups – it’s still a pleasant, robust-looking device and has clear marks on the exterior that indicates the maximum water level.
Easy to Use
We used chilled water to fill the device up to that level, and, using a forward and upwards motion, pushed and clicked it into the machine. The bottle rest that was right behind it provided extra support, but even in spite of that, there was still doubt that the bottle was being held in place.
Not Quite Like Bottled Water
Although carbonating on so three different levels helped camouflage the flavor of tap water to some degree, there was still a bit of difference in taste between it and shop-bought sparkling water.
To treat this, we had to chill the water and turn on the highest level of fizz, making the difference barely discernable at this point, but using a to water filter could help. The Power’s box also includes ideas on how to make mocktails and cocktails with sparkling water.
How To Set Up The SodaStream Power
- The first thing you should do is prep the CO2 cylinder.
- Remove the plastic wrap on the cylinder and then unscrew the cap on it.
- Now remove the back cover of the Soda Stream Power. You can do this by inserting your finger in the hole on the back cover and pull.
- Then screw the cylinder into the holder in the back of the Power
- Then plug the power cord into the Soda Stream, which is located at the bottom of the device.
- Make sure the cord is inserted into the plastic tab so that the back cover can fit on snuggly
- Put in the back cover
- Finally, plug the adapter into your outlet where you’ll see the LED lights illuminate.
Find out How to Use the Sodastream Power
How To Use Soda Stream Power
- First, for in the carbonating bottle up to the fill line with ice cold water.
- Then ensure the bottle rest is angled forward. If it isn’t, then pull it towards you
- Next, place the Soda Stream bottle on the rest and push it up and then back so that the snap lock mechanism grabs the bottle.
- When the bottle is correctly inserted, three LED lights will illuminate.
- To carbonate, press any of the three buttons to reach your desired level of carbonation.
- The button with three drops on it is the highest level of carbonation.
- After pressing the button, the machine will automatically start the carbonation process
- You will then hear gas being released and see the blinking LED light for the chosen level of carbonation.
- When the carbonation process is finished, the lights stop blinking and you’ll hear excess gas being released.
- If you want your sparkling water to be extra carbonated, you can push the button for a second time.
- Lastly, remove the Soda Stream bottle by pulling it towards you and pour yourself a glass of fizzy water.
Should I Go And Buy The Soda Stream Power?
It might not be the best solution for fizzy-water fans, especially if you can tell the difference between fresh and tap water, but it’s the next best thing for you without having to install an expensive carbonating filter tap.
An Eco-Friendly Choice
Besides that, Power is also a smart eco choice if you’re looking to reduce the carbon footprint left behind by the many plastic batteries you usually throw away. Also, the CO2 carbonator is refillable/exchangeable, so there’s no waste there as well.
Keep a Couple Bottles on Hand
Also, given the fact that it’s aimed towards sparkling water fans, it’ll be good to see it come with more than one bottle. That way you can have one bottle chilling in the fridge, while the other’s being carbonated.
Though changing the carbonator costs around $9.99 so it’ll take a while before you can save up. Still, each carbonator makes an average of 60 liters of sparkling water that can last for two months depending on the usage of course. So there’s plenty of fizzes to go around till then.
Overall: Sodastream Power is a Winner
Overall, it’s portable, sleek in design and a great way to enjoy fizzy sparkling water. We say go for it. It’s ideal for parties, dinner at home with your family, or just a delicious drink when you’re tired of drinking plain water.
Where to Get It?
Does it sound like the right kitchen appliance for you? Check it out for yourself over on Amazon, and don’t forget to sign up for a Prime membership because you’ll often get free shipping along with your purchase.
Compare Soda Makers
Besides this one, there are a number of other top options to consider. Some of the best ones on the market today include the following:
Have your Say about this SodaStream Review
What do you think about Soda Stream? A winner, of another kitchen appliance that you don’t really need. Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. It’ll help other people, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2019-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API