When people talk about tofu, they normally associate it with vegetarian dishes. But tofu is more than just a meat substitute for plant-based diets, it is also an ingredient of numerous delectable Asian dishes. Commercially-made tofu typically has moisture in them. If you want them to retain their shape and absorb the marinade you want to use for the dish, you should remove the moisture inside them. While you may opt to use a makeshift tofu press to remove the moisture, there are several options available in the market.
Top 5 Tofu Presses to Consider
We went through all the options and listed five of the best options you can consider when you want to buy one for your kitchen.
Do we have your attention already? Then, check out the features offered by these small kitchen appliances. Keep on reading for all the details you need to know to choose the right one for your needs.
#1: EZ Tofu Press
- Removes water from Tofu. Provides better flavor absorption and texture and thus better tasting tofu.
- Press tofu in 15 minutes or less! Springs and elastic band presses take several hours! Can be used...
- Centering marks for proper tofu block placement prior to pressing. Presses evenly every time! EZ...
- No springs to wear out or bands that break! Simply tension every 2-3 minutes until water is out! TWO...
- Can be used with most tofu brick sizes, both small and large portions can be press dried. Easy to...
Are you looking for an efficient tofu presser that is easy on the budget? Well, the EZ Tofu Press fits the bill to a T. This one can remove moisture in as fast as 15 minutes. Simple yet effective, it allows your tofu to absorb the flavor from the marinade worked so hard to prepare. You can use it for small and large tofu blocks. What’s more, it’s not heavy on your pocket.
- Quickly removes moisture from your tofu
- Centering mark to ensure tofu is positioned properly
- No bands or springs that wear out
- Usable on small and large tofu block
- Made in the USA
“This presser can really remove water from tofu. It is the best one I’ve used so far. Hasta la Vista, liquid in no time at all. It’s perfect for making crispy fried tofu that’s super delicious for salad or stir-fries, or just about any dish for that matter!”
“Best kitchen gadget I currently own. It is easy to clean. I will recommend this to everyone I know and I like that it makes this simple, healthy ingredient far more delicious so that even my kids will eat it.”
“This is better than the spring-loaded presser I used in the past. It quickly removes water and produces a denser tofu block. With drier tofu, it can easily absorb the marinade and give me tofu that is full of flavor.”
The Takeaway on the EZ Tofu Press
Effective and reasonably-priced are two words people look for in a presser. These words are perfect descriptions of the EZ Tofu Press.
Does it sound like the right option for your home kitchen? You can easily find it on Amazon so check now for the lowest prices and don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Do you want to see a side-by-side comparison of the top products that can get excess moisture out of tofu? Then you’ll want to take a look at our handy comparison chart right here for help making the right choice for you:
#2: ToFuture Tofu Press
- This unique Tofu Press design allows you to leave your Tofu pressing in the fridge without having to...
- Tofuture’s Tofu Press was designed and patented by Tofu-Lovers in the UK
- Tofu is a fantastic, low-fat, no-cholesterol, gluten-free source of protein and a nutrient-rich...
- Shop-bought Tofu often comes in water to keep it fresh, pressing this water out will improve the...
- Add food-grade cheesecloth to use the Tofu Press to make your own Homemade Tofu or paneer cheese
Tired of having to find a container for the water you press out of your tofu? Then, you can consider the ToFuture Tofu Press. Aside from removing moisture, this uniquely-designed press also has a container where the water is collected. You can even store it in the fridge so you can cleanly press your tofu. After pressing the bean curd, you can mix it in the recipes you want to prepare in the kitchen.
Key Features of the ToFuture Tofu Press
- Several hook levels for different tofu block thickness
- Outer container to collect water
- Compact and can fit inside a refrigerator
- BPA- free material
“I love the convenience offered by this thing. Water drains into a different container. It is not messy and it’s way less of a hassle than I thought it would be.”
“This is the best one I found on Amazon and it met all my expectations, even exceeded them actually. This kitchen gadget is now a part of my daily vegan protein preparation.”
“This is unlike other options in the market. You can leave it overnight in the fridge. All you need to do is to press the tofu and remove the water the next day.”
Summary for the ToFuture Tofu Press
Are you looking for a tofu presser that works even if you leave it in the fridge overnight? In this case, you should have the ToFuture press on top of your list. It’s an ideal choice and the number of happy customers is a strong indication of this.
Where Can I Find It?
Do you want to know more about this popular option for getting the water content out of tofu? Then you’ll want to click the button below to learn more:
Do you want to know more about the Tofufuture press? Then you’ll want to check out this short review video on YouTube:
#3: Original Simple Tofu Press by Tofu Presser
- Original Made in the USA - Our product is made in the USA. You are looking at the ORIGINAL Tofu...
- Easy to Use and Clean - This Tofu Food Press is designed to make your life easier. By turning the...
- No More Paper Towels and Heavy Objects - Gone are the times of pressing Tofu blocks by using paper...
- Better Flavor and Texture in Only 15 Minutes - By removing the water from the Tofu block, you can...
- Guaranteed Quality - Our press is manufactured in Arizona, USA and made with custom molded BPA free...
Simple yet effective. These words best describe the Original Simple Tofu Press. It can effectively press your tofu within 15 minutes using its two solid plastic boards. Made in the United States, the plastic boards are made of BPA-free, food-grade materials. Moreover, it allows the tofu block to retain its shape after pressing.
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- Can remove water from tofu in 15 minutes
- BPA-free, food-grade materials
- Made in the USA
- 30-day money-back guarantee
What do People Think About It?
“I love this thing. It is easy to use and allows me to finish pressing within 20 minutes. I’m glad I bought it and it’s a nice way to cut back on meat in my diet all the time.”
“This is a well-built small kitchen appliance. It is also easy to clean and really does the trick getting all the water out. This is a key step if you’re going to pan fry or bake tofu.”
“It brings my tofu cooking to a new level in a huge way. This device allows me to press tofu quickly and without any hassle at all. It is a great addition to my kitchen. Plus clean-up is super quick too.”
The Takeaway on the Original Simple Tofu Press by Tofu Presser
In the market for a simple and effective way to get all the water out of foods? The Original Simple Tofu Press is just what you need. It’s not fancy but it certainly gets the job done effectively and easily.
Get Yours Today
Do you want to pick up ones of the best tofu presses? Head over to Amazon to check for the best prices right here:
#4: YARKOR Tofu Press
- IMPROVE TOFU TASTE: Tofu is a lot like a sponge — if you don't press out the old water you can't...
- SIMPLE AND CONVENIENT: YARKOR Tofu presses are super convenient in that once they’re set up,...
- EASY TO CLEAN UP: No need for additional bowls or plates for draining. The spring-loaded press...
- HIGHEST QUALITY: YARKOR tofu press is BPA free, without harmful chemical to worry about. Made of...
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Offers a full 30 day 100% money-back guarantee, YARKOR Provide...
Are you looking for a tofu press that offers a convenient way for you to enjoy your tofu? You may want to check out this one from YARKOR. It provides an all-in-one solution for preparing your tofu. You can continuously press tofu without having to keep an eye on it the whole time. It also has a white tray where pressed water is collected. This makes clean-up quick and easy.
- Simple to set up and easy to use
- Spring-loaded press to remove as much moisture as possible
- Collection tray for pressed water
- BPA-free, food-grade materials
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Online Reviews for the YARKOR Tofu Press
“Aside from pressing tofu, I also used it to make Indian hard cheese. It also works the way it’s supposed to work.“
“I learned about this gadget after researching air fryers. It makes my pressing more efficient. I love the way the water drains away after pressing.”
“It worked the way it was advertised. Its plastic components are durable while its spring is well-designed. I love it.”
Summary for the YARKOR Tofu Press
In the market for a press that offers a convenience not offered by other brands? Then the YARKOR Tofu Press is the one you are looking for.
Where Can I Buy It?
Does it sound like one of the highest quality presses for your home or commercial kitchen? Then you’ll want to click the button below to check it out on Amazon and don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#5: Simple Drip Tofu Press
- PATENTED TOFU PRESS – Our unique design allows for an all-in-one solution for pressing your tofu...
- HIGHEST QUALITY TOFU PRESS – Press is BPA free and all bolts and nuts are made of food grade...
- NO MESS GUARANTEED – Designed to prevent any mess or clean up.
- EASY TO USE AND CLEAN UP – Our detachable bottom drip tray allows you to easily discard all of...
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Our Simple Drip Tofu Press is backed by our 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Do you want a tofu press that combines simplicity with intuitiveness? Well, you can check out the Simple Drip Tofu Press. It is designed to eliminate the mess typically associated with using one of these things. It is also suitably-designed to fit all tofu block sizes. The lower plate features holes where water will drain into an attached drip tray to keep the counter clean and mess-free.
- All-in-one pressing solution
- BPA-free, food-grade plastic materials
- Drip tray to prevent mess
- Easy-to-turn handles
- 100% money-back guarantee
“It works great in removing water. I love its built-in tray for holding water. Durable construction’
“It is a very useful press. While it is a bit costly, it saves me time in removing moisture from the tofu. It is a good press to buy and make maybe the perfect gift for a vegan that you might know.”
“This is an amazing product. It is easy to use and clean. I even used this product to drain a thawed hamburger. Of course, wash it very well if you’re using it for raw meat like this.”
Should you Consider Buying this one from Simple Drip?
If you are looking for a tofu press that is easy to use and easy to clean, the Simple Drip Press should be on top of your list. It’s a top-quality product at a very reasonable price and there are a ton of satisfied customers. It really is that good!
If you want to pick yourself up a press that’ll get all the water out of tofu, then you’ll need to click the button below to learn more about this one on Amazon:
Top 5 Factors to Consider When Buying a Tofu Press
While most tofu presses in the market are similar to each other, not all of them are created equal. Some of them are easy to use, while others are easy to clean. There are even presses that can be used to press other products. Since you are reading this, you may be wondering how you can find the best option for your needs. Due to this, we came up with a list of factors you should consider when you are in the market for a tofu press.
There are two main styles of tofu presses: box-style and plate-style. Box-style ones are convenient after you set them up since it does not require continuous monitoring when pressing tofu. But they tend to be more expensive than the plate-style ones. Aside from being cheaper, plate-style ones can be used for nearly all tofu block sizes. Additionally, they can be easily stored in a kitchen cabinet when not in use.
A press may be a simple device used mainly to remove water from tofu. But some of them offer additional features that are not found in others. One of these features is a drain tray where the water is collected after pressing the tofu. Other ones can also be used as a marinating dish. Moreover, some of them can also be used as a tofu mold.
When it comes to versatility, some of them can be used to remove water from other food items. There are even some presses that can be used to make hard cheese. On the other hand, some manufacturers offer ones that can be used as a tofu mold. You may want to check the versatility of the press you are eyeing before finalizing your decision.
This is a rather important factor since customers who are already using the tofu press can provide useful information not offered by the company. While some may have negative reviews about the product, you should also consider the positive reviews. This is especially true when it comes to a press that caught your attention while looking for one on the internet.
In general, we recommend taking a look at the 3-4 star reviews because they’ll usually give you the best indication of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses.
The price normally ranges from around $20 to $30. But if you are tight on the budget, you may opt for the cheaper models. In this case, you should balance out the price with the features offered by the one you’re considering. You can also check the reviews of the product you want and see if it is worth the price you are paying for it.
Tofu Press FAQs
There are a number of common questions that people have about this popular kitchen tool. Here are the answers to some of the most common ones.
What is a Tofu Press For?
A tofu press is used for removing water from tofu which can result in a denser block of tofu with added texture. This allows it to absorb marinades more easily, or get crispier when pan-frying or deep-frying it.
How Does a Tofu Press Work?
The way a tofu press works depends on the style. Some work by pressing the tofu until the water comes out, while others rely on gravity and the water dripping out. All these styles work well and it’s merely a matter of personal preference which one will work best for you.
Do I Need to Press Tofu?
You don’t need to press tofu, but you’ll likely want to. Doing so can remove much of the moisture and allow it to absorb new flavours from sauces or marinades. Or, you can get a crispier exterior when frying it be removing much of the water content.
How Long Does it Take to Press Tofu?
It typically takes around an hour to drain excess water from tofu using a press of some kind. You can do it for longer though if you’d like, even 4 or 6 hours because it isn’t possible to press it too much.
How Long Will Pressed Tofu Store in the Fridge?
Once opened, pressed tofu can be stored in the fridge for 1-2 days. To keep it fresher for longer, you’ll want to put it into an airtight container that’s filled with fresh water and then press it again before you plan on using it.
Have your Say about the Best Tofu Press
What’s your top pick for tofu presses? Is it one of the options from this list or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other enthusiastic home cooks, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2021-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API