Are you looking for the best fondue pot for chocolate, cheese, oil, broth or meat fondues? Then you’re definitely in the right place. We’re going to give you the rundown on the top electric fondue pots, cast iron and ceramic options. Let’s get to it!
Fondue Pot: Why Do I Need One?
That’s a great question! We sincerely hope that you’ve tried fondue before because if you haven’t, then you’re missing out in a big, big way! Chocolate, oil, broth and cheese fondues, well, we personally find them all equally delicious and like to mix things up a bit and have a few different ones each year for a special treat.
Basically, every single house should have a fondue set because it’s delicious! Simple as that. Before we get into our top picks for you, here’s a sneak peak at some of our favourites:
Top 5 Fondue Pots
Are you ready to see all the details you need to know about our top picks? Here you go!
#1: Cuisinart Electric Fondue Maker
- Electric fondue set suitable for chocolate, cheese, broth or oil
- Includes base, bowl, temperature probe, 8 fondue forks, and fork rack, BPA Free
- Elegant, brushed stainless-steel 3-quart bowl with nonstick interior
- Removable temperature control is adjustable for wide range of recipes;Product Built to North...
- Dimensions : 6.12-Inch x 10.50-Inch x 7.00-Inch (LxWxH)
If you’re looking for one of the best fondue pots in the business, this one from Cuisinart is it! They make a ton of very high quality kitchen appliances and this fondue set is certainly no exception. Keep on reading to find out some of the reasons why we like it so much.
- Electric fondue kit that’s ideal for chocolate, cheese, broth or oil
- Includes everything you need to get started including 8 fondue forks and a fork rack
- BPA free
- Nice looking brushed stainless steel
- 3-quart bowl
- Non-stick interior surface
- Removable temperature control can be adjusted for different recipes and types of fondue (8 heat settings)
- Designed for use in North America
- Dishwasher safe pot for easy clean-up
- 1000 watts of heating power
- 3 year warranty
“Works really well for broth and oil fondues, but you have to be pretty careful with it to not burn chocolate or cheese. Other than that, it’s awesome and I’d totally recommend it. Love the fact that it’s electric, but you can throw it into the dishwasher. Nicely done Cuisinart!”
“The thing I don’t like about it is the fact that the electric cord is pretty short to have it in the center of your dining room table for example. However, I use an extension cord with it and have no problems at all. It heats up super quickly for oil and broth meat fondues.”
“Heats up quickly, and clean-up is really easy. I loved it so much that I actually purchased a second one so that I can have two kinds of fondue going on at the same time for when I have a dinner party.”
Shop Now for the Cuisinart Electric Fondue Pot
Do you want to find out more about one of the best electric fondue pots? Click the button below to learn more, and don’t forget to check and see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Compare the Best Fondue Pots and Sets
Do you want to see the head-to-head comparison of the top-rated fondue pots and fondue sets to help you choose the right one for your home kitchen? Then you’ll definitely need to check out this chart right here:
Or, you may also want to consider a chocolate fountain if you’re going to use this for a party or event.
#2: Zen Kitchen Ceramic Fondue Set
- THE OLD AUTHENTIC WAY – Ceramic is well known for its even heat distribution and retention. This...
- SAFE AND CONVENIENCE – Unlike the electric fondue, there is no extension cord draping across the...
- EASY TO USE AND CARE – This glazed ceramic fondue pot can be directly heated in a microwave...
- IDEAL FOR PARTY of 2 to 3 – The heart shape main pot has a large volume of 26 oz of liquid. The...
- PERFECT GIFT SET: Our Zen Kitchen cheese fondue set is boxed in a beautifully designed gift box. It...
If you want to have a cheese or chocolate fondue, this ceramic set makes a nice option. Unlike the electric options, the heat source is a small candle which makes it not good for cooking raw meat as it won’t get hot enough.
But, for chocolate or cheese, you’ll want low heat so that it doesn’t burn and that’s where this small fondue pot excels.
- Made from glazed ceramic
- Requires a tea light for heating
- Perfect for chocolate or cheese (no raw meat)
- Even heat distribution
- No cords required
- Includes 6 heart-shaped companion dishes
- Fondue pot can be heated in the microwave and put into the dishwasher
- Volume is around 13 oz, which is ideal for 2-3 people
- Beautifully packaged and designed
- Makes an ideal gift
“Works well, but smaller than the pictures make it appear. It’s quite small and ideal for 1-2 people, not a big party certainly. Love the fact that you can heat this thing up in the microwave and throw it into the dishwasher. It’s super hassle-free.”
“Really nice and looks adorable! I’ve bought a few of these sets for various gifts over the years and it’s always one of the most popular items at my office’s secret santa gift exchange.”
“Keeps the cheese at the exact right temperature without burning. It’s so easy to use that I pull it out at least once a month with my wife.”
Get yours Today
Do you want to find out more about one of our top picks for chocolate or cheese fondue pots? You can check for the lowest prices on Amazon right here:
#3: NutriChef Electric Fondue Pot Review
- FUN DINING EXPERIENCE: Perfect for serving large groups, the electric fondue set comes with six...
- COMPACT & CONVENIENT: Cool to the touch handles & adjustable rotary temperature control makes...
- COUNTERTOP SAFE: The fondue pot is non-stick & heat-resistant. It is safe to place on any kitchen...
- MELT CHEESE & CHOCOLATE: Just like your favorites restaurants the melting pot cooker features a...
- EASY TO CLEAN: The electric fondue set contains a removable Teflon bowl & a non-stick surface for...
Another top pick for a small electric fondue set is this one from NutriChef. This company makes a number of top-quality kitchen appliances and are far as fondue pots to, this is definitely a premium option.
- Includes 6 fondue forks that are colour coded
- Black and red
- Cool touch handles
- Adjustable, rotary temperature control
- Two quart capacity
- Removable serving bowl
- Non-stick, teflon cooking surface
- Removable bowl makes for easy clean-up
- The company recommends using it for cheese and chocolate
- Easy to use—just plug it in!
- 2 quart cooking capacity
What do People Think About It?
“The light shuts off when it’s at the temperature that you want it to be. At first I thought it was broken and I almost cried! But, I figured this out and then all good. Awesome little unit for the price and I’d totally recommend it to anyone who wants to make cheese or chocolate fondue at home.”
“I’m not the greatest cook and I’ve been known to burn a ton of things. However, this makes it easy to NOT to and so far, all my fondues have turned out well. Knock on wood, or ceramic or whatever this thing is!”
“Cleans up nicely in just a few seconds and isn’t greasy or sticky at all. Happy with my purchase!”
Where Can I Buy One?
Do you want to find out more about the NutriChef fondue pot set? Click the button below to learn more, and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#4: Oster DurCeramic Fondu Pot
- 3-quart fondue pot with titanium-infused DuraCeramic nonstick coating lasts 8x longer than standard...
- PFOA- and PTFE-free surface cooks up to 30% faster and wipes clean easily
- Removable, adjustable temperature control for convenient operation
- Magnetic breakaway cord offers added safety
- Fondue kit includes 8 fondue forks, removable plug, and fork holder ring
One of the top-selling products in this category is this electric fondue set from Oster. Oster makes a number of top-quality kitchen appliances and this fondu pot is just as good! We love the fact that it has so many features for such a reasonable price. Find out more about why we like it so much.
- 3-quart capacity
- Stylish red exterior
- Titanium infused pot for extra durability
- Long-lasting, nonstick coating
- Heats up quickly
- Easy to clean with just a wipe
- Removable and adjustable temperature control for a variety of fondues
- Magnetic breakaway cord is a nice safety feature
- Includes 8 fondue forks and a holder ring
“Nice safety feature in the magnetic cord that most other pots don’t have. Trust me. This can save you a ton of hassle and pain. It’s a cream of the crop option that I wish I had picked up much sooner than I did!”
“Super durable and interior is almost impossible to scratch with your fondue fork. Love this thing and my family keeps asking for more. We pull it out on almost every special occasion.”
“My previous one that ran on sterno was super unreliable so I wanted to make the switch to electric. This one is a nice option and I’m very happy with it so far. It looks new and updated, not like one of those old fondu pots from the 70’s!”
Shop Now for the Oster Electric Fondue Pot
Does it sound like this one from Oster is the right choice for you? Click the button below to check for the lowest prices on Amazon:
#5: Swissmar Cast Iron Fondue Pot
- 9-piece fondue set from swissmar
- Enameled cast iron fondue pot; rests on rechaud/stand or can be used at stovetop
- Paste burner includes 1 swissmar, 3-ounce fire-gel container
- Set includes 6 fondue forks and 1 recipe; use wooden or non-stick utensils to prepare fondue
- Set measures 15 by 10-3/4 by 9-inch; weighs 12 pounds
If you’re looking for one of the most durable options out there, then you’ll definitely want to consider one of these cast iron fondue pots. It’s ideal for cooking at both high and low temperatures which means that you can use it with any kind of fondue.
- Compatible with all kinds of heat sources (includes a stand)
- Can be used on any cooktop, but not in the microwave
- Beautiful red and white coated cast iron
- Even heat distribution with no hot spots
- Super easy to clean
- 2L pot capacity
- No seasoning of the pot is required
- Six fondue forks included
“Really nice traditional fondue set. But, no heat source is included so you have to provide your own. I know it sounds kind of weird but we like to bring out camping and have a fondue on our camp stove. It’s awesome for this.”
“Works super well for cheese, but can burn in the center if you’re not careful. Stir often and use low heat. It does clean up easily though in case this happens in just a few seconds.”
“Beautiful and classy! I love the fact that you can use any heat source with it, even the stove.”
Where Can I Find One?
Do you want to pick up a cast iron fondue pot for yourself? You can easily find it on Amazon. Check now for the best prices:
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Fondue Pot
There are a number of important factors to consider when choosing the best fondue set. Here are just a few of them that you’ll want to think about.
Kind of Fondue Pot
There are three main kinds of fondue pots, each with their own specific purpose.
#1: Hot Oil/Broth Fondue Pot
If you plan on making meat fondue, then you’ll want to consider one of these sets. They’re made to withstand the higher temperatures necessary to cook your meat without cracking. They’re usually made from materials like stainless steel, copper or cast iron, and not ceramic.
#2: Dessert/Chocolate Fondue Pot Set
The second kind of pot is one designed for a chocolate fondue. They’re usually quite small and are made from earthenware or ceramic. The chocolate is kept warm by a tea light, which makes them not suitable for a meat fondue.
#3: Electric Fondue Kit
Finally, there have been some electric fondue sets that have come onto the market in recent years. They’re versatile and can often be used for all types of fondues due to their adjustable temperature settings. This makes them a nice investment and we generally recommend these ones over the others!
You’ll want to pay attention to the capacity of fondue pots when you’re considering which one will work for you. There’s a big difference between a small chocolate fondue for 1-2 people and something big enough for a dinner party of six where you plan to serve a cheese fondue as the main course!
Method of Heating
There are a couple different heating methods, namely a tea light, and then electric heating. Either one works well, but the tea light is only recommended for chocolate or cheese fondues when you don’t play on cooking raw meat with it.
Ease of Cleaning
We LOVE fondue pots that are dishwasher safe. All you have to do is give it a quick rinse, and then throw it into the dishwasher. Seriously. It’s that easy, which is why we love this option.
Otherwise, you may have a wee bit of scrubbing ahead of you. But, a quick tip. As soon as you’re done, remove the leftover cheese, chocolate or broth and then pour some water into your pots to soak. When your guests go home, clean up will be a breeze instead of letting this stuff get caked on (particularly cheese!).
As with anything that you buy, you should carefully consider actual user reviews. In general, we recommend checking out the 3-4 star reviews on Amazon. They’ll usually give you the best indication of a product’s true pros and cons.
In terms of price, you can find fondue sets for between $20 and $100. The cheaper ones are usually the chocolate ones lit with a candle, while the more expensive ones are the higher capacity electric ones for meat.
Even the cheaper products in this category are of a reasonable quality, so this isn’t really a major factor in our opinion. Of course, spending a little bit more money means that they’re more aesthetically pleasing and come with more bells + whistles.
How to Do Fondue?
There are a number of styles of fondue that you might want to consider making, including cheese, chocolate and oil or broth with meat or veggies. Each one has their place and the style you choose is really up to you! I know that at our house, we prefer to do chocolate fondue with different kinds of cookies and fruit as a special treat for dessert. However, the savoury ones can be ideal for birthday parties or other special celebrations.
If you’re going to go for the broth fondue, then typically beef or chicken is used, although pork is possible as well. Just be sure that your meat is well-cooked and that the broth is hot enough. If you’re heating your fondue with candles for example, perhaps opt for beef which can be eaten slightly undercooked, unlike chicken or pork.
For cheese fondue, bread is typical to dip into it. But, you could also consider meat or veggies as well. What we’re saying is that the sky is actually the limit and anything is possible in terms of what you have in your pot, and what you dip into it.
But, if you want to get some tips from the pros, here are a few ideas below with our favourite fondue recipes.
Do you Have any Recommendations for Fondue Recipes?
If you prefer to go for the tried and true, check out some of our top picks:
German Meat Fondue (Spruce Eats)
Cheese Fondue (Ricardo)
Chocolate Fondue (Food Network)
Consider using some cake balls for a chocolate fondue. Check out: Cake Pop Makers to make it super easy.
Have your Say about the Best Fondue Pot
What’s your top pick for a fondue set? Are you considering one of the options on this list, or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other fondue enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2020-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API