Almost all cultures in the world love cheese. It’s a universal food item that many people eat daily, and we all need the right utensils in the kitchen for a great slice of cheese. Luckily, manufacturers have spent years creating all kinds of cheese slicers, but sometimes, people don’t know what to buy.
Luckily, we are here to show you the best cheese slicers, including adjustable wire ones, professional options and others that are more like a mandolin. We have found all of them on Amazon and the reasons why one of these will be perfect for your kitchen. Keep on reading for all the top picks for the best cheese slicer.
Top 6 Cheese Slicers Comparison
We’ll get into all the details you need to know about our top options but here’s a sneak peak at some of our favourites.
- Bellemain Cheese Slicer
- Prodyne Cheese Slicer
- Mueller Austria V-Pro Mandolin Cheese/Vegetable Slicer
- Presto Professional SaladShooter Electric Slicer/Shredder
- Boska Holland, Cheese Slicer and Plane
#1: BELLEMAIN CHEESE SLICER
- THE ADJUSTABLE WIRE CUTTER DELIVERS CONTROL INTO YOUR HANDS: Rugged stainless steel wire cuts...
- CHEESE TRAYS, ANTIPASTI AND FANCY GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES: Stop wasting money on pre-sliced...
- THE MOST ELEGANT SLICER ON THE MARKET IS ALSO THE STRONGEST: Cast from a single piece of zinc alloy,...
- EASILY HANDLES CHEESE BLOCKS UP TO 3.5” WIDE: Adjust the slicer to give you wafer thin slices or...
This adjustable, handheld wire cutter is the most affordable and best-reviewed cheese slicer on our list. It is made with a rugged stainless steel wire that will adapt to almost all kind of cheeses and any thickness you desire.
Most reviewers love the quality of this item, but some have said that they had to adjust the wire themselves after receiving it.
PROS for this Wire Cheese Slicer
- Easy to use
- It comes with two wires: the original and a spare
- It has a slot for adjusting thickness (you need a screwdriver)
- You can change the wire tension with a screwdriver
- Wire can be replaced easily
- Wires can last more than a year
- It’s best for hard cheeses
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Cannot buy another spare wire
- It doesn’t cut soft cheeses as well
- Not dishwasher safe
- Wire will break if placed too tightly
- Wire will not work well if it’s too loose
What People are Saying About It
“Really good quality and ergonomically friendly handle and design. Love that it includes an extra wire for when the first one runs out. Ideal for both soft and hard cheese like sharp cheddar.”
“Love that it’s adjustable to allow for whatever thickness of food you want. Nice design, although it does take a little bit of time and effort out the wire attachment system. It’s super quick and easy to prepare a meat and cheese platter for a party with this thing.”
Does it sound like the right cheese slicer for you? You can easily find it on Amazon, so click the button below to check for the best prices:
How to Use the Bellemain Cheese Slicer
#2: PRODYNE CHEESE SLICER
- Made of beechwood
- Measures 9-1/2-inch by 6-inch by 7/8-inch
- Lifetime warranty against wire breakage
- Replaceable stainless steel cutting wire
- Non-slip rubber feet protect tabletops
This is another wire slicer, but it comes with a wooden bench that will give you better stability for the perfect slices. It’s just as affordable at the previous item, but it looks much classier.
Most reviewers love it, but some have noticed that when opening it, the wire is not fully lined up with the groove on the bench. Luckily, it comes with instructions to fix that problem. Additionally, some soap makers swear by this product; so, you can use it for more than just cheese.
- More stability while cutting slices
- Comes with non-slip rubber feet to prevent damage on surfaces
- Wire is made out of stainless steel
- It has a lifetime warranty for the wire in case of breakage
- Comes with instructions on how to align the wire
- The handle can be a bit loose
- Cannot be used on dishwashers
- Wire might lose its tension after prolonged use
Customer Reviews for this Wire Cheese Slicer
“I’m a soap maker but can’t afford those massive, expensive things they sell in shops or online. This is the perfect solution and it’s strong enough to cut through soap with no problems at all. Really impressed and I’m sure it’d be perfect for cheese too. But, if you have a large quantity to do, then you might want to consider a deli slicer instead.”
“Some people say that the wire doesn’t line up, but the instructions clearly state how to adjust it. It’s super simple, and once you do that, you’ll have one of the most useful kitchen gadgets! It’s a serious buy and I can’t believe that I didn’t get one of these things sooner.”
Where Can I Get one of the Best Cheese Slicers?
You can find one of the best cheese slicer boards on Amazon. Click the button below to learn more about it:
How to Use a Wire Cheese Slicer
If you’re going to go with the wire style of slicer, then you’ll want to check out this short video for tips and tricks on how to use it:
#3: MUELLER AUSTRIA V-PRO MANDOLINE CHEESE SLICER
- Don’t Be Fooled By The Other Low Quality Under $25 Models – This is a high quality machine built...
- Nobody Needs Another Flimsy Kitchen Gadget or has the time to slave away with a knife. This is...
- Best Patented Design – We designed the only knob-controlled fully adjustable mandoline slicer...
- Healthy Eating Should Be Easy without breaking the bank. Great tools make it a snap, no matter the...
- Our Customer Care Promise – Mueller believes in making life easier, better and more enjoyable in...
This is a bit more expensive than the previous items, but it’s completely different. Its practicality might end up saving you money and headaches on replacements. It is also made for several food products, and that means fewer useless cooking utensils in the kitchen.
It’s also considered a “#1 Best Seller” on Amazon. It’s tough to find one complaint in the reviews about this item. The company has reimbursed those customers that were not satisfied.
- Great blades
- Different kinds of blades for different cuts
- Storage box for each blade
- It can be stored in any kitchen drawer due to its practical size
- Can be cleaned easily
- The company has a lifetime replacement policy
- Might need a protective glove to use
- It’s best for vegetables and hard cheeses
- Customers unfamiliar with mandolins might have trouble using it at first
“This thing is awesome. So sharp and can cut through basically anything. However, it can be pretty dangerous so make sure you use the safety guard if you want to keep all your digits!”
“Love that I can cut food to the exact same thickness. It’s ideal for a huge variety of uses, including cheese, coleslaw, scalloped potatoes, etc.”
Where Can I Buy It?
You can easily find this top-notch cheese slicer online. Click the button below to learn more about it:
Compare Cheese Slicers
Do you want to see the head-to-head comparison of some of our top picks? Then you’ll definitely want to check out this handy comparison chart we put together for you right here:
#4: PRESTO PROFESSIONAL SALAD SHOOTER ELECTRIC SLICER
- 114-watt professional-model electric slicer/shredder
- Large food chamber; adjustable food guide adapts to large or small loads
- Just point and shoot; funnel guide directs ingredients where needed
- Accessories for thick slices and ripple cuts; base wipes clean; dishwasher-safe parts
- Measures 11 by 4-1/4 by 8-1/2 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Unlike the previous cheese slicers on the list, this one is electric and a bit more expensive. Most people love the convenience of such items, and Presto might be a great choice in the long run.
Most reviewers loved this product, but some have wondered why it does not include a cone for fine slices and shreds. An electric cheese slicer makes a nice pick if you regularly cut up large quantities of product.
- Four changeable cones for regular, thick, and ripple slices plus a shredder
- It can be used for vegetables, chocolate, nuts, bread, and more food items as well as cheese
- Easy to clean base, and cones are dishwasher safe
- Easier to use because it’s automatic
- Need to buy a separate cone for thin slices
- Cheese might get stuck between the cone and the nozzle
- Might be better for harder cheeses and vegetables
- Makes noise while on
What do People Think about It?
“I have arthritis in my hands and this device is a game-changer. I sliced an entire block of cheese in less than 5 minutes with zero effort. Amazing and I’d totally recommend it to anyone with a similar problem.”
“Awesome cutting machine to have in your kitchen. It makes the perfect cuts and shreds for a ton of dishes.”
Order yours Today
You can find this top-quality cheese slicer on Amazon. Check now for the lowest prices and also to see if this produce is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
#5: BOSKA HOLLAND 307063 FLEX STEEL BLADE CHEESE SLICER
- Flexible blade: the blade of the slicer can bend back and forth, which makes it glide over the...
- Superior taste: slicing aerates the cheese, making the flavor more intense
- European design: 100% stainless steel
- 10 year Guarantee: high quality materials and expert manufacturing mean that boska can offer you the...
- Trusted since 1896: Boska Holland has built up their cheesewares expertise over a long and rich...
Finally, this cheese slicer is by far the easiest to handle, but you also have to be careful with your hands. It’s easy to clean. It is small enough to fit into any drawer just like a regular kitchen knife, and it’s affordable.
If you don’t want the hassle of having to replace wires or blades, this might be your best bet. It works best for semi-hard and hard cheeses, but if you are careful enough, you can use it with anything. Most reviewers love how practical and how durable it is.
- Stainless steel
- 10-year guarantee
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to use
- Small in size
- Uniform slices
- Excellent quality blade made in the Netherlands
- No need to replace anything
- Won’t fall apart
- Blade might be dangerous
- You need to use the right amount of force to cut the slices you want
- Needs to be adequately dried or it might rust
“Much higher quality than most of the other cheese slicers you can find at Wal-Mart or online. It’s made in the Netherlands where they really know their cheese! It’s sturdy, super sharp and well designed.”
You can easily find this top notch cheese slicer on Amazon. Click the button below to find the lowest prices and to learn more about it:
#6: Calphalon Cheese Slicer
Here at Kitchen Gadget Reviews, we love to recommend products from Calphalon. They combine top-notch warranties and customer service, great designs and the best materials. The result? Products that you’ll love using.
What about the Calphalon cheese slicer? It’s certainly no exception and we think it’s a product that you’re going to love. Keep reading to find out more details about it.
- Extended wire is capable of cutting large blocks of cheese
- Soft touch handles for comfortable cutting
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
- No replacement wires
“Okay, so my days of trying to cut cheese with a chef’s knife or something like that are officially over! This tool is just so much better at making uniform cuts effortlessly in seconds. Plus, I love that I can just throw this thing into the dishwasher when I’m done.”
“I’ve used other slicers before but this one from Calphalon is far and away the best. It’s super sharp and wide enough that I can cut up big blocks with it.”
Get it Today
Do you want to pick up one of the top options from Calphalon? It makes a nice addition to any home so find out all the details you need to know about it online:
Time to Choose the Best Cheese Slicer!
We have offered you a variety of cheese slicers that come in all sizes, types, and designs. Most are very easy to use, even though they are different. You have to think about your needs and what kind of slices you want before making the right choice with our provided information.
Our recommendation would be the Boska Holland 307063 Flex Steel Blade, Monaco Collection Stainless Steel Cheese Slicer and Plane. It won’t hurt your wallet, and it’s the most durable in the long run. You don’t have to replace anything, and the chances that it will get damaged are rather low.
It will be great for most tough cheeses on the market such as cheddar and pepper jack, but with careful maneuvering, it can also cut mozzarella. Meanwhile, the rest of the items on the list might be useful as well, and none of them will break the bank.
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Cheese Slicers
Before committing to any of the following products, it’s best to consider several features: what type of slicer you need, is it safe to keep at home, and is it durable?
TYPES OF SLICERS
There are many kinds of cheese slicers on the market, but the most popular are made with stainless steel, and many have a wire that cuts the cheese into perfect pieces. Yet, wooden cheese slicers are easy to carry, and they are great at preventing bacteria from forming. The wire is often adjustable so you get the desired thickness of slices. And in some cases, you can replace it when it becomes dull.
Marble cheese slicers are pleasing to the eye. So, if you need to host a dinner party and want to impress your guests, this kind could be the right choice for you. But, these are more expensive items, and we want to show you the best and most affordable types on the market right now.
Another type is the mandolin cheese slicer. These have a very sharp blade that you run a block of cheese across and it makes slices. However, they are also quite dangerous so be sure to use the guard that comes with them please instead of your fingers!
Finally, you may wish to consider an electric cheese slicer if you have to process a lot of food or have trouble with your hands. These devices can make it super simple to slice up a ton of cheese in a very short amount of time with basically no effort.
SAFE TO KEEP AT HOME
Slicers come in all shapes and sizes, and they can be manual or electric. Additionally, they are all designed to cut, which means that children cannot handle all of them without the supervision of their parents.
Many of the best ones we have found can be stored safely away in the kitchen and out of reach of the kids. But, anyone using the items has to be careful with their fingers and hands.
This is an important detail because you have to check the materials of any kitchen item you are considering. Is it hard pressure? Does it rust? Is dust a problem? Any cheese slicer has to stand the test of time to be an adequate purchase.
EASE OF CLEANING
Of course, you’ll want a product that’s easy to clean. Brands vary, but the mandolin style cheese slicers are often a little bit more difficult to clean and you may have to take the product apart to get if fully clean, particularly with softer cheeses. The wire ones are often quite easy.
However, the best ones are those that can be throw into the dishwasher. Not only is this super easy and takes no time at all, but they’ll come out sparkly clean.
Of course, price is always a main factor when deciding which kitchen appliance to buy. In this case, it’s wise to spend a bit more money to get a higher quality one that works well and is durable.
The very cheap cheese slicers are made from flimsy plastic, and don’t have extra features like a spare blade. This means that they’ll break, or wear out in short order. So even though you may consider a cheap cheese slicer, thinking it’s a good value, it usually isn’t and it’s often wise to spend a bit more cash on a higher quality product.
Another factor to think about when choosing a mandolin cheese slicer or regular cheese slicer is what people are saying about the product. We recommend taking a look at the 3-4 star reviews on Amazon because they’ll usually give you a great indication of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses.
Have your Say about the Best Cheese Slicer
What are your thoughts about the best cheese slicer on the market today? Is it one of the options from this list or do you have your eye on another product? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other cheese enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2021-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API