If you’re looking for a reasonably priced toasted sandwich maker, then this one from Hamilton Beach should be at the top of your list. Read our buying guide packed with information to help you decide if it’s the right one for you.
Hamilton Beach Panini Maker Review
The Hamilton Beach panini press gourmet sandwich maker is one of the most economical panini presses on Amazon USA. The Hamilton Beach Panini Press has a high rating on Amazon and has very few serious complaints about it. In summary, it’s a very good kitchen appliance at a nice price point.
Lots of Features You’ll Love
It has a lot of benefits including:
- Large Surface Area. You can make 2-3 sandwiches at a single time, making it an excellent choice for a large family.
- Floating Lid. You can evenly press sandwiches of any thickness.
- Lock Hinge on Lid. You can lock the lid into place so that it doesn’t touch the top of the food surface, allowing you to cook things like bruschetta or pizza.
- Upright Storage. The Hamilton Beach panini press is an excellent choice for those with small kitchens due to the ability to store it upright instead of on its side.
Where to Buy It?
The Hamilton Beach Panini Press is Available on Amazon, and you can often get free shipping with a Prime membership.
Review of the Hamilton Beach Panini Press
The Specs on the Hamilton Beach Panini Press:
- Free shipping on Amazon
- 2-3 sandwiches at one time
- Upright storage
- 12 x 6 x 14 inches
- 6 pounds
- Nonstick grids for easy clean up
- Power and reheat lights
- Floating lid to handle sandwiches of various thickness
- Cool touch handle
Compare Panini Makers
There are lots of other options for sandwich makers on the market today beyond this one from Hamilton Beach. You can check out our top picks in this handy comparison chart below:
Hamilton Beach Sandwich Maker Reviews:
“It offers an excellent value for the money. It’s a good bit cheaper than some of the other ones you can buy, but it works just as well. I love the floating lid that can lock into position too. I use it for pizzas, as well as things like grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken breasts.”
“This Panini Press is super simple to use and also really easy to clean it up. They’re done a great job at making a versatile kitchen appliance. Just use a bit of common sense when considering what you can, and can’t cook on this thing though.”
“It’s compact enough that it’s perfect to use in a small kitchen. It heats up quickly, stays at the correct temperature throughout cooking, and it’s also pretty easy to clean this grill. My family uses it at least 2-3x a week, but it really excels at delicious toasted sandwiches.”
Hamilton Beach Panini Press Negatives:
- It can get very hot, sometimes burning the sandwiches and there is no setting to adjust this.
- The plates aren’t removal which can make cleaning a bit of a hassle when compared to some of the more expensive brands.
- There is no on/off switch. When you plug it in, it’s “on.”
- It’s less versatile than something like the Cuisinart Griddler that you can basically cook anything on.
The Takeaway on the Hamilton Beach Panini Press
If you’re looking for a decent panini press or sandwich maker, the Hamilton Beach one is a great choice. It’s very affordable on Amazon and has a good rating. It can make 2-3 sandwiches at the same time and also cook things like pizza because of the floating lid that locks into place.
A Good, Basic Sandwich maker
While there are a few negatives including only one temperature setting as well as lack of removable plates, for the price you can’t expect all the bells and whistles that you’d get from something 3-4 times more expensive.
Overall, it does what’s designed to do—make a decent toasted sandwich and even a few other things too like steaks or chicken.
Floating Lid with Lock
The one feature that it does have which we love is the floating lid. This allows you to toast sandwiches of varying thickness easily without having to hold the lid down on the machine the whole time.
It also does a great job of cooking evenly, instead of burning the food next to the latch, but leaving the food on the other end not cooked at all.
Get this affordable panini press on Amazon today:
Have you Say about the Hamilton Beach Panini Maker
What are your thoughts about the Hamilton Panini Press? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.