You need different types of knives to use in various tasks and a carving knife is one of them. Also known as a carver, this member of the cutlery community usually has a sharply-pointed long and thin blade. They are designed specifically to slice large pieces of meat.
If turkey, honey-baked hams, or roasts are part of your regular diet, then you should consider buying a carving knife. There are several options to choose from but not every one of them fits your needs. To get you started, we have made a list of some of the best carving knives.
#1: Mercer Culinary Slicer
- Ergonomic Handle- a combination of Santoprene for Comfort and polypropylene for durability
- Textured finger points provide slip resistance, grip, and safety. Protective finger guard.
- Hand wash knives for blade edge and surface care
- The highest quality Japanese steel allows for easy blade maintenance and rapid sharpening for a...
- One-piece high-carbon, stain-resistant Japanese steel
Looking a strong and easy-to-use carving knife? Mercer is one option that you might like as it provides high-quality services with very little maintenance needed. The one-piece design ensures that the handle never falls off the main blade. It is one of the best products made from the famous Japanese stainless steel.
Here are the main features for these award-winning Japanese knives.
- Designed from the ever-strong Japanese stainless steel
- The handle is made from Santroprene and polypropylene for comfort and durability respectively
- Has textured grip points to offer slip resistance
- Comes with a low maintenance blade
- Employs the one-piece construction style
Customer Reviews for the Mercer Culinary M13914 Slicer
“We have purchased a whole lot of kitchen knives so far and I don’t think any of them is sharper than the Mercer Culinary. My wife and I usually help out a friend prepare for the weekends’ functions and this carving knife have come in handy many times.”
“The ‘disadvantage’ I can think of is that it can slice your fingers if you are not careful. It is one of the sharpest knives I have owned and it is very easy to re-sharpen.”
“Ever since I bought this knife, I have hand-washed it with warm water and it’s worked out great for me. I hope this will be my kitchen companion for a few more years to come.”
The Takeaway on Mercer Culinary Slicer
Mercer Culinary is an amazing product if well-taken care of. For starters, do not use a dishwasher to clean it because the detergents and intense heat have a negative impact on the product. Follow the maintenance manual and it could end up serving you for decades as it is one of the sharpest knives in the market.
Shop Now for this Meat Slicing Knife
Does it sound like the right slicing knife for your needs? It’s certainly a top-quality choice. Click the button below to find out more about it on Amazon and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#2: Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife
- Set includes 2 high quality stainless steel blades. 1 for carving meat and the other for cutting...
- The butcher block holding tray stores the knifes and motor base when not in use
- The ergonomically designed handle has a one-touch pressure-activated on/off trigger and safety lock
- Limited 3-year
- Included Components: Food Preparation;Electric Knives, Slicers, and Sharpeners;electric knives
Do you want to upgrade your cutlery game? Why not start by getting yourself an electric knife from Cuisinart? This multipurpose set comes with two blades for meat carving and bread slicing. It is one of the most futuristic products that you can’t miss to have in your kitchen. Read on to find out more about Cuisinart CEK-40 electric knife.
Key Features of the Cuisinart Electric Knife
- Comes as a set of two high-quality stainless steel blades
- Has a holding block tray for knives and motor when not in use
- The trigger is pressure-activated and only requires one touch to start
- It is fitted with a safety lock
- The smooth black handle offers comfort to the user’s hand
- It is suitable for cutting both meat and bread loaves
“I was looking to replace an electric knife that I have been using for the past 10 years and Cuisinart was one of the options. I have a few other Cuisinart products and love them all. Choosing to purchase it is one decision that I haven’t regretted thus far. In fact, it offers more than my old cutlery.”
“It is very easy to use – all I need to do is put a little pressure and it cuts through anything. Cleaning is also not a problem as it doesn’t attract stains.”
“Several knives already have a place in my kitchen cabinet but I think this one stands out of the rest. It is a lot quicker and makes my slicing job much easier.”
Summary for the Cuisinart Electric Knife
Meat carving doesn’t get any better than an electric knife. Simply set it up, trigger the one-touch activation, and you are good to go. All these come at a very affordable price too. Upgrade your cutlery by shopping for this electric knife by Cuisinart. This is one of those products that you need to have in your kitchen.
Get Yours Today
Do you want to pick up this meat slicing knife for your home kitchen? Then you’ll want to head over to Amazon to learn more about it right here and also to check for the lowest prices:
#3: Wusthof Classic 2-Piece Carving Set
- WÜSTHOF CLASSIC SERIES – 2 Piece Carving Knife with full tang triple riveted synthetic...
- PRECISION FORGED – WÜSTHOF's Classic Series Knives are forged from a single block of High Carbon...
- WÜSTHOF KNIFE SET – The Two Piece Hollow Edge Carving Set includes a 6" Carving Fork and 8"...
- DURABLE – WÜSTHOF Cutlery is crafted to resist corrosion and dulling. This German made Kitchen...
- CENTURIES OF TRADITION – Family owned for seven generations, WÜSTHOF was founded in Solingen,...
Wusthof’s full-tang knife is made with top precision from the reliable high-quality stainless steel. Its long and narrow blade makes it even more effective at carving through roasts and your favourite turkey meat. Let’s check out some of the features that put this knife among the best on our list.
- Made of carbon-high stainless steel
- It is 14 inches long and comes with a straight meat fork
- The handle is triple-riveted for reinforcement
- The polyoxymethylene on the handle makes it comfortable and quite durable
- It is tempered to 58-degree Rockwell hardness which makes it suitable for tough materials
What do People Think About It?
“I found this set for a very affordable price and decided to try it out. As it turns out, it offers more than I thought. I used it for the first time tonight and will definitely be using for many months to come.”
“The “fit-and-finish” design makes this carving set an amazing purchase. I have replaced all my inferior quality set which have been part of my kitchen life for over 15 years. Hopefully, the Wusthof classic 2-piece carving set will do a better job for an even longer time.”
“The main reason why I bought this set was to help me with slicing tri-tip. I can now make slices of 0.125 inches without any hassle. It also cuts through roasts very easily, and that makes the process move faster.”
The Takeaway on Wusthof Classic 2-Piece Carving Set
We usually don’t recommend the riveted or screwed handles but Wusthof is among the few that pass this test. The blade is sharper than your traditional knife and is designed to help cooks prepare a wide range of food. The strength and durability of the carbon stainless steel will make you love this set.
Where Can I Buy One?
This meat carving knife is certainly a top choice among many home chefs and even those who work in professional kitchens. Click below to check availability and for the lowest prices:
#4: Dalstrong Carving Knife
- Outstanding craftsmanship, cutting-edge technology, stunning design elements, and premium materials....
- Incredibly razor sharp slicer, full-tang, imported high-carbon German steel with a hand polished...
- Award winning design, with satisfying heft, premium materials and quality feel. Featuring a...
- Engineered to perfection at 56+ Rockwell hardness and hand polished to a satin finish. Carefully...
- See why thousands of professional chefs and home cooks love and trust the DALSTRONG DIFFERENCE. 100%...
If you are looking to increase your collection of knives, then Dalstrong carving knife should one your next purchases. This world-renowned manufacturer is here to bring you pure satisfaction in the world of cutlery. The carving knife not only feels comfortable in your hand but is also very easy to use. In addition, it is designed with a luxurious design to make the kitchen look great.
- Designed with 56-degree Rockwell hardness
- Beautiful appearance made of premium materials with a quality feel
- Flexible blades suitable for butterflying, skinning, and filleting
- Razor-sharp slicer
- The handle is triple-riveted with a comfortable grip
Online Reviews for the Dalstrong Carving Knife
“Dalstrong knife has a superior beauty that matches my 36-inch gas range and that makes it ideal for my kitchen. But that is not all, I can confidently say that it feels and cuts much better any other knife I have owned before.”
“Slicing brisket has never been any easier than this. This 12-inch slicer is now my number one option when it comes to carving and slicing. It is the first Dalstrong item I have ever owned and I like it.”
“This knife by Dalstrong has a stunning appearance and great functionality. I got it last summer and it has been a satisfying workhorse in just about any slicing task. Other knives in the same category are highly-priced but at an affordable cost, I managed to get the one thing that has now become my favourite in the kitchen.”
Summary for Dalstrong Carving Knife
Dalstrong is a fan-favourite company, at least for those who love cooking. Apart from its support for upcoming and experienced chefs, the company is known for the quality products it manufactures. Try this carving knife and have a feel of what other customers are already enjoying across the world.
This is one of the best meat slicing knives available today and we think that you’ll be as happy with your as we are with ours.
Do you want to see the head-to-head comparison of some of the top options? Then check out this handy comparison chart right here:
#5: Hamilton Beach Electric Knife
- Perfect for Meats & breads: Easily carves through everything from meats, breads and tomatoes to...
- Stainless steel blades and fork: This Electric knife features reciprocating serrated blades that...
- Ergonomic Handle: Designed to fit comfortably in either hand, The Electric carving knife handle is...
- Space-saving storage case included: The Electric knife includes a storage case to keep the knife,...
- Great crafting knife: Can be used as a foam cutter in craft and DIY projects.
The final product on our list today is crafted by Hamilton Beach’s experienced craftsmen. It is perfectly designed to help you out with meat carving and slicing of loaves with a lot of ease. The fact that it is an electric knife ensures that you finish your work even quicker. Want to learn more about Hamilton Beach electric knife? Read on!
- Handle designed to comfortably fit in both hands.
- Has a storage case, therefore, saving space.
- Fork and blade made of stainless steel.
- Perfect for carving
“The fork is, in fact, much bigger than I imagined and is very sturdy. The ergonomics of the handle perfectly suits my needs, especially, with my mid-size hands.”
“The set comes in a hard case that makes it secure and easy to store. Another safety mechanism that I love the most is the blade lock which ensures that you don’t end up slicing your fingers.”
“It is quite easy to use and the positioning of the switch is perfect for any user. However, I realized that it was quite tiresome to operate the switch when carving a turkey. Perhaps that was due to my hands – nonetheless, it is an amazing product.”
Should you Consider Buying Hamilton Beach Electric Knife
This tool from Hamilton Beach is another electric knife that we think might interest you. It comes with exciting features that will surely add a significant improvement to how you do things in your kitchen. As such, we recommend it and you should definitely consider adding this knife to your cart the next time you go shopping.
Where Can I Find One?
This is one of the best carving knives for turkey and certainly a great one to consider. You can easily find it on Amazon to head over there now to pick one up:
#6: Victorinox Meat Slicing Knife
- ESSENTIAL CARVING KNIFE. A versatile kitchen essential for slicing and carving meats. Crafted with a...
- SLICE WITH PRECISION. With a long, narrow shape and razor sharp edge, this knife can slice through...
- EASY HANDLING. This knife features an ergonomic Fibrox Pro handle for a non-slip grip -- even when...
- KNIFE DIMENSIONS. Stainless steel blade -- 12" in length. Meets the strict National Sanitation...
- TRUSTED SWISS QUALITY. Expertly crafted in Switzerland in 1884, Victorinox provides a lifetime...
This option from Victorinox is one of the best slicing knives and certainly makes a nice choice for cutting any kind of meat. It’s sharp, durable and also very reasonably priced. Read on to find out more details about this meat slicing knife.
- 12 inch (available in other sizes too)
- Granton blade with air pockets to minimize friction when cutting meat
- Round tip
- Carbon stainless steel blade
- Weighted and balanced
- Non-slip handle, even if it’s wet
- Crafted in Switzerland
- Lifetime guarantee
“This is the best meat knife hands down! Fantastic and it just slices through just about anything like butter. It’s stayed sharp for months now with no issues at all.”
“Seriously, stop hacking away at meat and just get this slicing knife. You’ll be super happy that you did. It’s sharp, comfortable to use even for big jobs like a turkey and overall, just a really nice knife to have in the kitchen.”
The Takeaway on this Slicing Knife
This meat carving knife is the perfect balance between top-notch craftsmanship with affordable price. We love companies that stand behind the products they sell and Victorinox is one of those companies, offering a lifetime guarantee on this product.
Buy this Meat Slicing Knife Now
If you’re looking for the best meat slicing knife, then you’d certainly do well to consider this one from Victorinox. Head over to Amazon now to find out more about this top option:
Top 6 Factors to Consider When Buying a Carving Knife
As you can see from our list above, there is a variety of carving knives and each of them has its pluses and minuses. Before you buy one for yourself, we suggest that you go through the features listed below. These factors play a significant role in determining whether the kitchen knife you buy will be useful to you in the long run. Let’s get down to business, shall we?
#1: Material of Carving Knives
As you might have realized already, the durability and strength of any kitchenware depend on its construction material. Carbon steel knives are strong and sturdy but they are less durable compared to the common stainless steel. A ceramic knife is another option and it is sharper than the aforementioned. However, once it gets dull, you can hardly sharpen it.
#2: Handle Comfort
The material and design of the handle will determine how comfortable you’ll be when slicing the meat chunks. Some knife handles come with prints to ensure that the tool does not slip off your hands, which can be dangerous.
#3: Maintenance of Slicing Knives
Of course, knives lose their sharp edges with time and it’s all about how easy you can re-sharpen them. Ceramic knives, as earlier stated, can last for long but it is difficult to sharpen them. Corrosion is also another factor to consider here, and that is why most people go for stainless steel products.
A knife can either come in one-piece construction or with its handle riveted to the blade. We do not recommend the latter because the screws or rivets will fall off after several usages. A one-piece design, however, will remain strong all through and all you’ll have to worry about is the blade’s edge.
Cost is a factor in every product, not only those used in the kitchen. The material used in their construction and the appearance can be the reason for the price difference. Invest in a high-quality knife and use for several years rather than one that will break the next day. However, remember that “expensive” doesn’t necessarily translate to “the best.”
#6: Customer Reviews
As with anything that you might consider buying, it’s prudent to check and see what people are saying about it online. In this case, we recommend taking a look at the 3 and 4 star reviews on Amazon which can give you the best indication of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses.
Have your Say about the Best Carving Knife
What’s your top pick for the best meat slicing knife? Is it one of the options from this list or do you have eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter. It’ll help other meat enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2021-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API