Do you want to make healthy and delicious homemade food for your baby? Then you’re in the right place. Keep on reading for all the details you need to know about making baby food.
Homemade Baby Food is Really Easy to Make!
Buying baby food has a lot of drawbacks, including:
- The Price: At over $1 a bottle, they can quickly add up! For families with tight budgets, making your own homemade baby food is a much more economical choice.
- The Waste: All those little bottles of baby food from the store create a lot of waste. Sure, you can recycle them but it still takes a lot of energy to make this happen. Compare this to making homemade baby food at home which creates no waste whatsoever.
- The Chemicals: All canned food has some sort of preservatives in it. Adults can handle this pretty easily, but babies shouldn’t be eating this kind of stuff. Homemade baby food has the huge benefit of you knowing exactly what went into it.
Learn How to Make Homemade Baby Food
Homemade Baby Food Recipe: Carrots
Carrots are one of the first foods that most babies begin to eat. It’s really, really simple to make your own homemade baby carrots at home. It only takes about 5 minutes to prep and then 20 minutes to cook. You can put the carrots on while you’re cooking something else for dinner and it won’t be a hassle at all.
Here’s how you do it:
- Peel and cut carrots into small-medium size pieces. Set in steamer and cook for 10-20 minutes, depending on size of carrots. Cook until quite mushy when your baby is first starting solid food. A little firmer later is okay.
- Drain the carrots and reserve some of the liquid from the steamer to add into the blender. It has a lot of nutrients in it!
- Blend the carrots, adding some of the reserved water until it’s smooth. For recommended blenders, see: Top 5 Blenders.
- Once it cools to lukewarm, serve it to your baby. Or, you can freeze it in an ice-cube container, or other small plastic container for later. Another option is to put it into the fridge where it will keep for a few days.
Tips for Making Homemade Baby Food:
- You can use this simple method for making homemade baby food for lots of vegetables including root vegetables like squash, sweet potatoes, potatoes, etc. Things like peas work well too.
- Don’t waste your time with those pieces of junk blenders from Wal-Mart that don’t really work and also seem to break every few months. If you’re serious about making homemade baby food at home, get yourself our #1 recommended blender: The Oster Versa. In terms of power, it’s similar to the Vitamix, but it comes with a far cheaper price-tag. With its easy blending as well as clean-up, it’ll end up saving you a ton of time.
- Need to warm-up frozen homemade baby food? It’s kind of annoying, but it can be easier than you might think. Our #1 product to do it for you is the Kiinde Kozii Bottle Warmer. It’s a serious bottle and baby food warmer with a not so serious sticker price.
How to Make Mixed Fruits for your Baby
Have your Say About Making Homemade Baby Food
Any comments or questions about how to make baby food? Please let us know.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.