If you want to find out how to make brown rice in a rice cooker, then you’re definitely in the right place. Keep on reading for all the details, tips and tricks you need to know about making this healthy dinner option.
How to Make Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker for the Family’s Health
It’s a common knowledge that brown rice is a lot healthier than the regular white rice. Those who have health issues eat only brown rice to help improve their condition. In these days when many people all over the world are becoming more and more health conscious, brown rice has become permanent in every family meal.
Don’t wait for any illness to occur. As early as now, do some remedies for preemptive measures. If you haven’t thought of considering brown rice in your meals, this is the best time to do so. We’ll teach you how to make brown rice in a rice cooker.
Yes, a high-quality rice cooker is needed to make brown rice. But before we teach you, let us give you a few more information about how you will benefit from eating brown rice. If you eat this regularly, your digestive, cardiovascular, brain and nervous system will function better and more efficiently.
The antioxidant brown rice contains will surely help you treat frequently acquired ailment including high cholesterol, hypertension, skin disorder, stress and mental depression, among others.
If you have family members with other serious medication conditions like obesity, insomnia, diabetes, and even cancer, let them eat brown rice regularly as tit is proven effective in addressing the said illnesses.
Why you should eat brown rice at home
In this article, we’re teaching you how to make brown rice in a rice cooker because it is a healthier option. Brown rice contains minimal glycemic index that’s beneficial in the reduction of insulin surges. It also helps stabilize the body’s blood sugar level.
Additionally, studies already have it that brown rice is rich in fiber so this is the one that helps the digestive system function better. People who regularly eat brown rice usually don’t experience difficulty in their bowel movement.
Given the benefits, you’ll surely be convinced now eating rice at home is essential. Now we’re ready to teach you how to make brown rice in a rice cooker.
How to Make Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
What you need:
2 cups or 500 ml Brown rice (to make up to 5 servings)
3 cups or 750 ml water
½ teaspoon salt (optional)
Soy sauce (optional)
Here’s how to do it:
- Rinse the rice on cool running water. Do this for about half-a-minute. Rinsing is not a requirement when cooking rice in a rice cooker. However, this is done to make sure the rice is clean.
- Soak the brown rice for about 45 minutes, this time, in hot water. Transfer the brown rice you’re soaking to the rice cooker and add about 3 cups of water to it. The soaking helps soften the brown rice. You can substitute your water with chicken or vegetable broth (with the same amount) for a more flavorful brown rice.
- Add the salt if you want. When you’re adding salt, using a wooden spoon, have a quick stir to your rice and salt to equally distribute the taste.
- Switch the rice cooker on and set your time. It’s better if your rice cooker has a special setting for brown rice as you can simply press that option. If timer is the only setting you have, set it at 30 minutes. Be sure to cover the rice cooker during the entire cooking process. Check it after the set time. If you see the grains still seemingly tough and soupy, cover the cooker again and set the time to add 10 more minutes.
- Let your brown rice stand. When the timer signals it’s time, leave the rice for about 10 more minutes to absorb the remaining water. Leave it covered.
- You may add the soy sauce or butter, if you want flavor on your brown rice. If not, after the 10 minute allowance in Step No. 5, you’re ready to serve your rice.
Is there a Rice Cooker that you Recommend?
If you have yet to buy a rice cooker, you might want to consider the Tiger Corporation Rice Cooker. This has a special setting for cooking brown rice. If you don’t have any background in cooking or not confident to cook at all, this rice cooker is for you.
Do you want to pick up one of the best rice cooker options for brown rice? Then you’ll want to head over to Amazon to check availability and for the lowest prices right here. Plus, don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for free shipping with a Prime membership:
Have your Say about How to Make Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
Do you have any tips or tricks for making fluffy and delicious brown rice? Leave a comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other brown rice enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.