Also known as a cook’s pot, a stockpot is one of the most versatile cookware you can have. Apart from its traditional purpose, it can also do a great job of cooking pasta, braised meats, and making soup. Therefore, you’d want to buy something that can last long enough even when used regularly. That’s where a stock pot comes in!
The Best Stock Pots
The market has a wide range of selections when it comes to these products. For that reason, you shouldn’t make a rush decision only based on your first impression. Several factors must be taken into consideration before purchasing a stockpot. We will look into some of the main features to keep in mind, but first, here is our list of the best stockpots currently in the market.
#1: Calphalon Contemporary Cookware
- A Heavy-Gauge Aluminum Core Is Sandwiched Between Two Layers Of Stainless Steel By Means Of...
- Aluminum Core Provides Superior Conductivity And Even Heating For Excellent Browning And Control Of...
- Clear Tempered-Glass Lids Let You See Food While It'S Cooking And Are Oven Safe, So You Can Finish...
- High Sides And Narrow Opening Help Minimize Evaporation During The Slow Process Of Making Stocks And...
- Long, Brushed Stainless Steel Handles Stay Cool On The Stovetop. All Cookware Is Dishwasher-Safe And...
Calphalon is known for some top-quality cookware and this stylish stainless steel pot is the icing on the cake. Prepare your favourite soup and stock with this flawless product that gives all you need to be a professional cook. The aluminium core ensures that the heat is effectively distributed across all areas, which allows even cooking.
Features of this 12 qt Stockpot
- It is made of aluminium sandwiched between stainless steel layers
- Made of clear tempered glass for you to view the food while cooking
- The long handles remain cold even on stovetops for safe cooking
- The aluminium core allows for excellent conductivity during heating
- It is highly durable
- The 12-quart capacity is ideal for your medium-sized family
Customer Reviews for Calphalon Contemporary Cookware
“I love Calphalon stockpot not only for the premium appearance but also for its functional qualities. In fact, I bought two of them and they both have heavy bases, which retain enough heat during the cooking process.”
“A common problem with most stockpots is the fact that pasta insert remains shallow and that compromises the cooking process. However, with this particular pot, the pasta insert sinks all the way down and I personally like it.”
“It is a perfect pot for those recipes that require slow cooking. But if you use it to boil water, you might have to wait for some extra minutes – I think the heavy metal contributes to that.”
The Takeaway on Calphalon Contemporary Cookware
Calphalon Contemporary has everything to offer to a regular cook. The quality of soup and stock you get from using this product is top-notch; thanks to the slow-cook mechanism. It is also very easy to clean and maintain. Therefore, you can add it to your wishlist as you look for an ideal stockpot.
Shop Now for this 12qt Pot
This stock pot takes the top spot on our list of the best options to consider if you like to make big pots of just about anything. Head over to Amazon to pick one up for yourself and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Compare Stock Pots
If you want to see the head-to-head comparison of some of the best options, then you’ll want to check out this handy chart below:
#2: Cook N Home Stock Pot
- 20 quart capacity, holds 7 regular canning quart jars or 8 pint jars, opening diameter 13-inch,...
- Made of mirror polished 18/10 stainless steel for durability/strength, appearance, and easy cleaning
- Encapsulated bottom with aluminum core for even heat distribution, bottom is with magnetic suitable...
- Tempered glass lid with steam vent to view food while cooking; riveted handles are comfortable and...
- Oven safe to 350F; induction compatible; works on gas, electric, glass, ceramic, halogen, etc. ;...
Do you want a large stockpot for your extended family that’s made from stainless steel? Cook N Home’s 20-quart saucepot is your best bet in that regard. The beautifully-designed pot will leave your friends stunned with the quality of food it produces. It also has a steam vent to allow the steam escape if that is what your recipe requires. Here are some of the features that make this pot one of the best in the market.
Key Features of the Cook N Home Saucepot
- The steam vent on the tampered glass lead enhances the cooking process
- Its made of a highly durable polished stainless steel
- It is oven safe up to a temperature of 350 degrees F
- The aluminium base allows even and effective heat distribution
- Has a capacity of 20 quarts
User Reviews for this Stainless Steel Stock Pot
“Having read some of the reviews, I decided it was time to get myself this stockpot. I cleaned it on arrival and the next day I made my favourite spaghetti sauce. The results were perfect, and have been for the past few weeks.”
“What I like most about this pot is the fact that I can touch the handles while cooking and my fingers will not get burnt. I can also open the handle safely in the process and that is perfect for me as I have been doing a lot of canning lately.”
“The size of this pot is one of the best and is ideal for large scale water bath canning. The heavy-duty construction makes it sturdy enough in addition to its attractive appearance.”
Summary for Cook N Home Saucepot: The Best Stainless Steel Stockpot?
This pot is the best option for those either with large families or in need of one for commercial purposes. The heavy metal and thick base ensure that the food or water retains the heat during the cooking process. At a quite affordable price, you’ll be getting a product that will serve you for several years.
Get Yours Today
Do you want to pick yourself up one of the best stainless steel stock pots? Click below to find the best prices on Amazon right now:
#3: T-fal Stockpot Cookware, 12 Quarts
- 12 quart capacity for cooking family size meals
- Superior nonstick interior and exterior make it easy to cook and clean; Healthy cooking results with...
- Glass lid allows you to watch cooking progress; Vented hole lets steam escape to prevent boiling...
- Heavy gauge aluminum construction for better heat conductivity than Stainless Steel.Cooktop...
- Dishwasher safe; Oven safe up to 350 degrees F; Limited lifetime warranty
This black non-stick stockpot is must-have cookware if you regularly prepare food for a large group of people. It is designed from heavy gauge aluminium and that gives it better conductivity compared to stainless steel. You can also be sure that all your food will receive even heating even at 350 degrees F.
Important Features of this 12qt Stockpot
- The clear glass lid allows for easy monitoring of the food
- Supports up to 350 degrees of oven temperature
- Non-stick interior and exterior surfaces for easier cooking and cleaning
- Made of aluminium for enhanced heat conductivity
- Has a capacity of 12 quarts
What do People Think About this 12 Quarts Pot?
“The size of this pot allows me to make soup for the whole week which I usually freeze and store. I recommend this if you are preparing food for a crowd, or rather batch cooking.”
“My mother has always been complaining that her pot is somewhat small. I went on a hunt for a new pot and came across this T-fal product. I purchased it for her as a gift and she loved it from the very first day.”
“During the last canning season, I struggled to keep up with the farm produce and I promised myself to buy a larger one. This season things have been different since buying this product from T-fal. I was able to can a lot of tomatoes at a time.”
The Takeaway on T-fal 12 Quarts Stockpot
T-fal is one of the world-renowned manufacturers in the field of cookware. You can’t go wrong with any of the company’s products and this stockpot proves that. Its size is one thing that makes this pot a fan-favourite, but that is not the only thing. Purchase one today and enjoy a wide range of premium features.
Where Can I Buy 12 Quart Stock Pots?
Do you want to get yourself one of the top-rated 12qt pots? Then this one is certainly a great option. Click the button below to find out more about this product on Amazon:
#4: All-Clad Stockpot
- Brushed exterior. Heat source : Gas ,electric ,ceramic and halogen
- Engraved capacity marking on the bottom of every pan
- Comfortable, oversized handles, Dishwasher safe
- Long, riveted stick handle stays cool on the cooktop while easy-grip loop handles provide stability
- Convenient rolled lip for easy pouring; 18/10 stainless steel cooking surface will not react with...
Do you always find it difficult to lift your stockpot from the stovetop? With All-Clad stockpot, you won’t have to worry about hot handles anymore. The insulated handles are also designed with finger points to enhance your gripping mechanism. Here are some of the features that make this pot one of the best in the market.
- Has a capacity of 12 quarts
- Rolled lid for convenient pouring
- Long handles for easy and safe lifting
- The handles also have a comfortable gripping surface
- Can be used with just about any heat source gas to electric
Online Reviews for the All-Clad Stockpot
“I am new to the world of All-Clad and I think I love it already. Among all the pots I have owned in the past 20 years, this one stands out. The heavy-duty construction makes it durable and I don’t see myself buying another pot any time soon.”
“Honestly I didn’t think it will be this big but I like it since it makes my soup preparation process a lot easier. However, it is quite heavy when filled with liquid, hence making it difficult to move it around.”
“I am glad I came across this product soon enough because it has come in handy on many occasions. Despite leaving it on the stovetop for a long time, I have always found my food safe and unscorched.
Summary for All-Clad Stockpot
In conclusion, the All-Clad stockpot should be on top of your wishlist if you don’t have a pot yet. It has some extra features that you won’t find in most pots around. For instance, the vent on top of the lid makes your cooking process easier and hassle-free. It is an ideal choice for those with big families because of its size.
Shop Now for this 12qt Stock Pot
This pot is a great option for just about any occasion. It’s a nice size at twelve quarts and is extremely durable as well. Plus, you’ll find that foods won’t stick to this thing. You can find the lowest prices on Amazon so click below:
#5: Farberware Classic Stockpot
- STOCKPOT WITH LID: 16-Quart Stockpot with lid works great as a lobster pot, chili pot, or soup pot
- QUICK, EVEN HEAT DESIGN: A full cap base on the stockpot features a thick aluminum core surrounded...
- LARGE CAPACITY STOCKPOT: Make big one pot meals in this heavy-duty stainless steel stockpot with a...
- HIGH HEAT STOCKPOT: Oven safe to 350°F, the sturdy stainless steel stockpot handles provide a...
- EASY TO CLEAN: This dishwasher-safe stockpot combines technology with the styling and quality that...
Farberware is a famous brand when it comes to cookware items and this classic stockpot is one of them. The product has a volume of 16 quarts, which is large enough for a family of about eight or ten people. Like most high-end pots, this one is made from aluminium material which ensures even distribution of heat.
Features of this 16qt Stock Pot
- Has a 16-quart capacity
- It is quite easy to clean
- It is oven-safe up to 350 degrees
- Made of an aluminium base for even heat distribution
- Highly durable
Customer Reviews for this 16qt Stock Pot
“For over a year now, I have been using this classic stockpot very regularly. Amazingly enough, it has resisted all the severe conditions I have put it through, which is just an indication of its durability.”
“The thick base prevents any scorching or hot spots because it evenly distributes the heat across all areas. It is also elegantly-finished to ensure that your kitchen maintains its beautiful appearance all through.”
“I initially bought a less expensive pot at a local store and it did not end well. My immediate alternative was the Farberware classic stockpot and I got it at a very affordable price. The beautiful external appearance matches its high-quality functionality.”
Should you Consider Buying Farberware Classic Stockpot?
Yes, you should definitely drop this item in your cart the next time you go shopping. It promises to be one of your favourite cookware and that is backed up by the quality of its design. The size is ideal for big crowds or families; therefore, choose appropriately.
Where Can I Find 16 Quart Stockpots?
If you want a stockpot that is slightly bigger than most of them, this 16qt pot makes a nice choice. It’s perfect for a big family celebration or for things like canning. Check out all the details about this one on Amazon:
Top 7 Factors to Consider When Buying a Stock Pot
To make it easier, a stockpot is very similar to that soup pot in your kitchen – if you already have it of course. If not, then don’t worry because stockpots can do a pretty great job in making soups. So, what do you have to look for in a good stockpot? Let’s get to it!
#1: Stock Pot Size
One of the most important factors is how much soup or stocks you want to make per round. The smallest you can get is about 6 quarts and the range goes to as large as 20 qt. However, the most standard sizes are 12qt, 16qt, and 20qt pots. There are larger stockpots but you won’t need them unless you are buying them for commercial purposes or for something like deep frying turkey. Choose your ideal stockpot with the number of family members in mind.
A thick and heavy bottom prevents burning as your pot will remain seated on the stove for long periods. It is usually the case with stock and you don’t want to come and find the ingredients stuck to the bottom. Also, a heavy-constructed pot will ensure that the product retains enough heat during the cooking process.
#3: Design Material
Which is the best material for a cook’s pot? Well, some will say iron or stainless steel, others aluminium or even copper. The truth is none of these answers is wrong but it is all a matter of which is ideal for your needs. The main variable in these choices is their prices; so make your choice with the bank balance in mind.
The best pot is the one that will efficiently and evenly transmit the heat across its base and to the food. The heat should also be even on the sides so as to allow the stock or soup to cook evenly. This feature varies with the type of material you settle on. Also, don’t forget to match it with your style of cooking.
#5: Stock Pot Handles
Finally, a pot is not of any great use if its handle is not secure enough. It should have a comfortable grip and insulation to ensure safe lifting when your food is ready. The best pots use heavy screws or rivets to keep their handles in place.
Of course, price is a major factor for anything that you might consider buying. In this case, there is a huge variance in terms of how much a stockpot is going to cost. The major difference is in the materials. Pots made from stainless steel are definitely going to be more expensive than ones made from thinner and less durable aluminum.
#7: Customer Reviews
It’s always prudent to find out what people are saying about a product before dropping some cash, right? In this case, we recommend taking a look at the 3-4 star reviews on Amazon because they’ll usually give you the best indication of a product’s true strengths and weaknesses.
Have your Say about the Best Stock Pot
What’s your top pick for the best stockpot? Is it one of the options from this list, or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other cooking enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2020-04-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API