The kitchen is one room where most of us spend a portion of our time every day. From preparing a sumptuous breakfast for the family to a quick lunch just to keep your energy up, and of course a refreshing dinner after a long day, or even just sitting around and talking about how you spent your day, it’s no surprise that for many, the kitchen always ends up in a state of disarray, but it can be prevented with tea storage containers.
It’s very easy to let the kitchen order spiral out of control especially when we keep piling packets of sugar, spice, and everything nice in our shelves or on the countertop without proper storage. If you’re looking for ways to make your kitchen look less cluttered, we have taken out time to make you this list of top tea containers for tea and food items. Stay with us!
Tea Storage Containers: Top 10 Options
Without further ado, let’s get into the best tea storage containers available today.
#1: SilverOnyx Tea Tins Canister Set
- ✔️ Tea Tins Set Airtight Double Lids
- ✔️ Coffee And Loose Tea Canisters
- ✔️ Canisters Sets For The Kitchen
- ✔️ Tea Coffee Sugar Canisters
- ✔️ RELATED: Airtight Tea Canister Tea Tin Double Lid 4 box bag boxes bubble caddy can canisters...
Looking for a way to make storage easy while at the same time preserving the flavor of your food items? Then your search is over because this item does all that and more. It’s a really cool canister set that lets you store your favorite tea and other food items while keeping them fresh and at the same time they blend with whatever kitchen décor you have. Here are some of its perks:
Features of this Tea Container
- Stores and preserves your loose tea, sugar, spices, coffee, and other food items
- Silver color that lets it blend in with any kitchen décor
- Airtight double lids that do not allow exposure to moisture, light, and air
- A compact size that doesn’t overload your shelves and countertop
- 2.9 x 2.9 x 4.5 inches
Customer Reviews on the SilverOnyx Tea Tins Canister Set
“I got one set at first because I wasn’t sure if I’d like them and I ended up loving them and now I’m a repeat buyer. I love that they have a double lid so it stays sealed and I also love the small size.”
“These canisters are of very high quality. I’ve used them daily for several months now and haven’t noticed any wear or tear. They are very well made and the dual lids keep the air out.”
“This tea container looks so great on the countertop. I’ve had them for over six months and still love the way they look. The double lids are a great idea and keep moisture and air out. Fabulous so far.”
The Takeaway on this Tea Storage Container
Raise your storage game with this canister set that is guaranteed to make you happy and will transform that clustered kitchen in no time.
Shop Now for this Airtight Tea Storage Option
Does it sound like the right loose leaf tea storage option for your home? Click the button below to find out more about it on Amazon and don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Compare Storage Options for Tea
Do you want to see the head-to-head comparison of some of our top pick for storage containers for tea bags or loose leaf tea? Then you’ll want to check out this handy chart below:
#2: Presso Set of 12 Storage Jars
If we’re looking for some sleek, stylish and functional things for the kitchen, we head over to Bodum.com. Their products are a bit more expensive than some of the other options, but what you get is smart design combined with really nice appearance.
Keep on reading to find out why we like their tea storage jars so much. We think you’ll like them as much as we like ours.
- Set of 12
- Ideal for tea or coffee
- Can store hot liquids or dry foods
- Combination of form and function
- Dishwasher safe
- Various size options
“I love to store all my dry goods, including loose leaf tea in storage jars but it’s hard to find ones that are both airtight and really nice looking. These ones from Bodum certainly did the trick and they help to keep my teas fresher for way longer than other options I’ve tried.”
“If you’re looking for a tea storage solution, these containers are a great option. I love how versatile they are too—you can even put hot, acidy liquids into them.”
Do you want to pick up these Presso tea storage jars for your home? They certainly make a nice choice and of course, are perfect for a housewarming gift as well. Head over to the company website to buy them today:
#3: mDesign Tea Bag Divided Box Holder
- ORGANIZATION MADE EASY: 8 generously sized sections provide plenty of space to store, organize and...
- HINGED LID: Hinged lid easily opens to make grabbing what you need simple; Clear construction makes...
- FUNCTIONAL & VERSATILE: Organizer bins make it easy to organize small or crowded kitchen spaces and...
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Made of durable BPA and Chlorine free shatter-resistant plastic with a steel...
- THOUGHTFULLY SIZED: Measures 7.25" x 10.7" x 3.7" high
Having storage containers are very handy and will save you a lot of stress. However, getting one that lets you see what’s inside without having to open it first can be pretty time-saving. This amazing box holder lets you decide what kind of tea you want for breakfast even while you’re just seated at the kitchen table. It’s got even more cool features which we’re gonna talk about in a bit!
Features of these Tea Containers
- 8 spacious compartments that can hold tea bags, sugar packets, creamers, and so on, boxes can be stacked
- Versatile containers that can be used in the kitchen, dorm rooms, bathroom, laundry room, and so on
- Clear, transparent color that allows you to see inside and a hinged cover that lets you take what you need with ease
- Made with BPA and chlorine-free plastic that is food-safe, the hinge is made of steel
- Cleans easily with water and mild soap
- 7.25 x 10.7 x 3.7 inches
Customer Reviews on the mDesign Tea Bag Divided Box Holder
“Great box holder with a lot of room for my tea. I also use it in almost every room in the house, including the kids’ rooms. Really nice construction and can be stacked on each other.”
“I’ve been storing tea for more than 5 years now. This is one of the best tea storage containers I’ve used so far. The compartments hold all my tea perfectly and they’re stackable. Its clear color makes it easy to select tea.”
“This is a great organizer for your tea bags and other items like creamers. I like that it allows you to see what tea you have and makes choosing easier. Worth every penny if you ask me.”
Summary for these Tea Storage Containers
If you’re a tea lover, then this is definitely a go-to for you. Organize your different kinds of tea in a way that lets you see what you have and try out different kinds every day. How exciting!
Where Can I Get Them?
Do you like the looks and design of this tea storage box? It has some excellent user reviews online and is certainly a top pick. Click the button below to find out more about it:
#4: ENLOY 4-piece Stainless Steel Airtight Canister Set
- ❤Airtight Design --- The rubber seal will stay on in place and perfectly connected to the edge of...
- ❤Easy to Use and Clean --- ENLOY stainless steel kitchen canisters are made with a wide 4.7"...
- ❤Safety --- ENLOY airtight canister is made of good quality 410 stainless steel, excellent rubber...
- ❤Sweet Design --- Clear clamp lid allow to easy viewing of canister contents. With transparent...
- ❤4-Piece Set --- ENLOY canister sets include 4.7"x3.54"(28 fl oz); 4.7"x4.72" (32 fl oz);...
By now, you know that we’re in love with stainless steel and you should too. That’s why we’ve got this cool 4-piece set on our list. It’s got a great design and an amazing color that lets it blend in with the room décor. In fact, there are so many reasons why this baby should be sitting in your kitchen.
- Rubber seal prevents air and moisture from entering, keeps contents fresh
- Its opening makes usage and cleaning very easy
- Clear lid allows you to conveniently view the contents, locking clamp that keeps it sealed
- Made with quality and food-safe materials
- Perfect for use in cafes, restaurants, pantries, and so on
- Can store cookies, nuts, cereals, and so on
Customer Reviews for the ENLOY 4-piece Stainless Steel Airtight Canister Set
“It’s exactly as I pictured it. Very easy to stack and don’t take up too much space on the countertop. The lid also seals it properly and keeps my food items fresh for a long time. I also picked up some food storage containers at the same time and couldn’t be happier with both of these purchases.”
“We keep our tea and coffee materials in these containers. They are easily accessible and are very easy to clean. They also don’t take a lot of space on our shelves or on the countertop.”
“I absolutely love that I don’t have to worry about dropping and breaking it because it’s made of stainless steel. Its clear lid allows me to know what’s inside without needing a label. It also opens and closes easily.”
The Takeaway on this Tea Container
We definitely recommend this fascinating 4-piece for anyone at all. Store your food and beverage conveniently and maintain order in your kitchen.
Get One of the Best Tea Storage Containers Today
Do you want to pick up this top-notch tea canister set that has an airtight seal for yourself? Then head on over to Amazon to find the lowest prices:
#5: California Home Goods 12-pack Mini Clear Glass Jars
If you fancy DIYs, this small and stylish set of 12 mini glass jars will surely give you joy. They’re perfect for your powders, coffee, sugar packets, spices and what have you. Their small sizes make them easier to store and they come with exciting features which you should check out:
- Perfect for DIY materials such as powders and spices, also great for coffee, sugar, and so on
- Containers are very easy to use, clean and store
- Airtight gasket seals in the flavor of the jar’s contents
- Comes with a chalk pen and chalkboard labels for a nice touch
- 2.1 x 2.1 x 3 inches
Customer Reviews for the California Goods 12-pack Mini Clear Glass Jars
“There’s absolutely nothing wrong with these jars. They came exactly as pictured and their small size is really cute. The personalized labels are also very thoughtful and help me know the contents of each jar.”
“Very convenient. These jars keep my spices fresh and flavourful. Their size is also great and they look really cute. I prefer them to the other jars I had before. They fit nicely in the cabinets.”
“These loose leaf tea containers are perfect for me because I love to display my spices on the countertop. The product is lovely and cute. Arrived in great condition and the size is exactly as I pictured.”
The Takeaway on these Loose Leaf Tea Containers
Personalized labels are a nice way to make kitchen organization fun! Purchasing this cute set of 12 will allow you to access your items with ease and will surely look good on your kitchen counter.
Where Can I Get It?
The best place to find tea and food storage containers is on Amazon. You can get the lowest prices and also don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for fast, free shipping:
#6: Ellenge Glass Food Storage Canister (Set of 3)
- LEAD-FREE BORON GLASS FOOD JAR:This glass food canister is made of boron glass which is different...
- HIGH BORON GLASS FOOD JAR CAN BEAR HIGH AND LOW TEMPERATURE: The temperature range of the material...
- NATURAL HEALTHY MATERIAL BAMBOO LID WITH SILICONE RING:The lid of the glass kitchen food jar is made...
- CLEAR GLASS FOOD JAR IS VERY CONVENIENT FOR YOU:You can open or cover thet lid in a very short...
- QUALITY GUARANTEE: This high boro food jar has passed the quality certification, guarantee the...
Everyone loves to put out beautiful items in their homes. These jars don’t just serve as storage containers but can also be used for decorating. You can use it as a vase in your kitchen. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be on your way to the store to get this item and we’ll tell you why.
- Allows you to store a variety of items such as tea, flour biscuits, pasta, rice, etc., and also preserves them
- Made of quality glass that is food safe and can withstand low and high temperature
- The lid is made of bamboo material and a silicone ring that makes it airtight
- Multipurpose jar, easy to use and clean
- 12.3 x 10.2 x 4.6 inches
Customer Reviews for the Ellenge Glass Food Storage Canister Set of 3
“A very beautiful jar that can be used to decorate the kitchen. No need to label it because of its clear glass material that shows its contents. I use it to store my powders, herbs, sugar, chia seeds and even pasta.”
“I fell in love with this container and decided to give it a try. Keeps my kitchen organized and fits perfectly on the shelf (check out: shelf paper) or on the countertop. The size isn’t too big but big enough. Also, love the bamboo lid.”
“It’s surprisingly lightweight. Very stylish and beautiful, especially the lid. I use some to store my cereals and other foodstuffs. I also use some to grow my plants. The clear glass allows you to see the roots. Overall, these airtight tea tins are a really nice purchase and can be used for a ton of other things too.”
Summary for this Airtight Tea Tin
A glass jar that can store just about anything in the kitchen and can also be used to decorate. Talk about versatile! We highly recommend this product and we’re sure you’ll love it.
Do you want to know more about these tea tins that offer airtight tea storage? Head on over to Amazon to pick it up for yourself today:
#7: Oggi Airtight Tea Tins
- See-through tinted acrylic lid with silicone gasket seals in freshness
- Clearly marked so you can find what you're looking for among other canisters in your cabinet
- Capacity 60 oz.-brushed matte finish
- Store you favorite tea for long lasting freshness
- Care and Cleaning: Wipe clean with a damp cloth
If you’re looking for some tea canisters that are airtight then you’ll want to look no further than these ones. They are super reasonably priced and have a sturdy lid with a seal that’ll help keep air out of your loose leaf tea or coffee beans. Read more to find out why we like these airtight tea storage containers so much.
- Airtight tea canister with acrylic lid
- Silicone gasket seal in lid
- Comes with either “coffee” or “tea” stencil on the side
- Wipes clean with a damp, dry cloth
- 5 x 7.75 inches
“Airtight lids are the key to keeping coffee and loose-leaf tea fresher for longer. These tins do that and once you make the switch, you’ll notice a huge difference in the taste of your brew.”
“100% recommend this airtight tea tin for the price—around 10 bucks. There are some way more expensive ones out there with all sorts of bells and whistles but this one does the job nicely.”
“Nice, sleek silver with a nice label on it that looks nice enough to keep on my countertop all the time.”
Shop Now for this Loose Lea Tea Storage Container
If you’re looking for an airtight tea storage option then this one from Oggi makes a nice pick. Click below to find out more details about this affordably priced product:
#8: Deppon Stainless Steel Tea Containers
- AIRTIGHT DESIGN: Deppon stainless steel canister sets come with heat & shatter resistant tempered...
- QUALITY STAINLESS STEEL: Made of premium stainless steel, this canisters is ideal for food storage....
- 4-PIECE CANISTER SET: Include 4 different sizes (1qt /2qt /3qt /4qt) airtight canister. It’s...
- EASY TO CLEAN: The canisters are dishwasher safe (except lid) , hand-wash and dry immediately...
- GUARANTEE - Deppon provide 12-month warranty and 100% money back guarantee. We remove all risk for...
If you’re looking for some stainless steel tea containers, then look no further than this 4-piece set. The smaller ones are ideal for tea or coffee while the bigger ones can hold things like flour, sugar or other common cooking products.
Key Features of Loose Leaf Containers
- Ideal for tea, coffee, nuts, sugar, flour, and other kitchen products
- See-through glass lids that are shatter resistant
- 4 canisters in various sizes
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe
- 12 month warranty
- Money-back guarantee
“Durable and functional and honestly can’t really say enough good stuff about them! They look really nice on the counter so that I can access my most commonly used ingredients, including loose-leaf tea without a bunch of hassle.”
“These large canisters are perfect for storing tea or coffee if you’re a serious addict like me! I liked the set enough that I actually bought another one and now store most things in them instead of just loose in random bags in my cupboard.”
Buy Some Today
Sounds like the right stainless steel tea storage container for your home or office? You can easily pick them up on Amazon so click below to find the best prices right here:
#9: Teavac Loose Leaf Tea Container
- Holds up to 6-Ounce, .57 Liter, 150 Grams or more - depending on the item
- Perfect for travel - snack in the car, hiking, camping, boating; Fits in most purses and backpacks
- Great for storing tea, coffee, nuts, trail mix, pet snacks, cookies, candy and any/all dry goods
- Unique, easy push button vacuum seal system keeps goods dry and fresher for longer
- Food grade BPA Free plastic; air tight, reusable, smell proof and durable
If you’re looking for a simple way too bring some loose leaf tea or any dry good with you when traveling or on the road, then you’ll want to consider this plastic tea container. It has an air-tight seal that keeps foods fresh for a long time and it’s just the right size to slip into a purse or bag. Keep reading to find out what we like about it so much.
- Comes in a variety of colors and designs
- Holds up to 6 ounces of loose leaf tea
- Ideal for traveling (fits into most purses/backpacks)
- Can also be used to store coffee, nuts, pet snacks, or any dry good
- Push button vacuum seal system keeps foods fresher for longer
- BPA free plastic
- Airtight seal
“This thing works exactly as advertised and I love the fact that it’s airtight. I’m pretty picky about my teas and don’t like to expose them to air because it loses flavour quite quickly and this thing is perfect for that.”
“Love the fact that it’s scent-free once it’s sealed. Just be sure to use the button on the side when opening and closing the lid so that you don’t break it.”
“Works great for weed if you don’t want anyone to sniff out what you might have hidden away. It keeps it super fresh too.”
Shop Now for these Loose Leaf Storage Containers
If you want to pick up one of the top options for loose leaf tea containers, then you’ll need to head over to Amazon to check for the best prices right here. Don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#10: Teavana Airtight Tea Tins
- 4 Teavana tea tins (2 oz each)
- Light-blocking tea storage
- Tins are designed to keep tea flavorful for up to one year
- Assorted Colors
If you’re looking for some smaller tea canisters, then you’ll want to consider these ones from Teavana. They hold two ounces each which is perfect for a bit of loose leaf tea to bring to work or slip into your purse when you’re out and about. Find out more about them below.
- 4 tins (2 oz each)
- Light blocking
- Keeps tea fresh for up to 1 year
- Assorted colours
“I was hunting far and wide for tea tins that were just the right size and am so happy I bought these ones. They are 2 ounces which is the perfect size to put in loose leaf teas but not too big that lots of air gets in there.”
“Well constructed and the lid fits on quite tightly to keep the air out but also pops off easily enough without a ton of force. They look great sitting on my desk at work waiting for when I want to make a cup of tea for a nice break.”
“I bought these for holiday gifts and everyone who got them was super happy with them. They commented on how cute and well-made they are.”
Get these Containers for Tea Today
If you’re looking for some stainless steel tea storage containers, these ones from Teavana should be at the top of your list. They are beautifully designed and the bright colours look nice in any kitchen. Head over to Amazon to learn more about them:
Top 8 Factors to Consider When Buying Tea Storage Containers
While getting containers to help put our kitchen in order is important, we shouldn’t settle for just any container because we’re desperate. Picking the right storage containers requires us to be calm and inspect our choices carefully. Here are a few things to look out for during your search:
When getting storage containers for food items such as pasta, rice, and cereal, you may need to purchase a big one. The smaller ones are better for spices, sweeteners, and so on. Can’t fit pasta in a jar meant for sugar, can you?
#2: QUALITY OF MATERIALS IN CONTAINERS FOR TEA
A good storage container should be made of good-quality materials. Avoid getting one that may break easily or won’t last. These materials should also be food-safe and eco-friendly because we love the earth!
#3: EASY USAGE
Many containers come with lids that are difficult to open. This may be stressful, especially when you need something urgently. It’s okay to test it out at the store before paying. Unless the package is sealed of course. In that case, you can check it out online.
#4: EASY STORAGE
Ensure that whatever container you get is easy to keep on your shelves, on the countertop or in cabinets. Storage containers shouldn’t take up a lot of space to allow for easy access. In fact, it’s preferable to get stackable ones.
#5: GOOD LID
When purchasing a storage container, don’t forget to check the lid and make sure it seals properly because airtight tea storage is the ideal. You want an airtight jar that won’t allow air, moisture or any other agent to spoil its contents. We totally recommend one that locks so it doesn’t spill.
#6: AIRTIGHT TEA STORAGE OPTIONS
If you’re serious about your tea or coffee, then you’ll know that it’s all about keeping them stored in an airtight container. The more your loose leaf tea or coffee beans are exposed to air, the more flavour they’ll lose. That’s why it’s important to consider this when buying the best tea storage tins.
#7: PRICE OF TEA STORAGE CONTAINERS
As with any kitchen or home product that you might consider buying, price is a major consideration. In this case, you can get a top-quality tea canister or storage option for as little as $5 and then upwards of $50, depending on the number of pieces and the options you get. It’s mostly a matter of style and personal preference.
Before buying anything, it’s wise to check reviews from customers who’ve actually used the product. In this case, we recommend checking out the 3-4 star reviews on Amazon to get an accurate depiction of the product’s true strengths and weaknesses.
Tea Storage FAQ’s
Here are the answers to come of the most commonly asked questions about how to store tea bags and loose leaf tea.
What is the Best Way to Store Tea?
The best way to store tea depends on what kind of tea you have. Tea bags should be kept in their original box or an airtight container or bin. Loose lea tea should be stored in an airtight container or tin that keeps the light out. Glass jars work well too if they’re kept in a dark cupboard.
How Long Does Tea Last in an Airtight Container?
If tea is stored properly in an airtight container, it can last for 18-24 months. Remember that it in order to maximize the shelf-life and retain flavour, store tea away from light and in a dry place that isn’t exposed to air.
Can Tea Go Bad and Make you Sick?
As long as the tea isn’t moldy, it won’t make you sick. However, while tea won’t bad over time, it can lose flavour and odour which will make it less delicious. If you’re not sure how old your tea is, brew a cup and taste it. It should be obvious whether or not it’s still good.
Can you Store Tea in Stainless Steel?
Stainless steel is an ideal place to store tea because it doesn’t absorb odour or moisture and it also blocks sunlight. Just be sure that it’s an airtight container if you want to maximize the shelf life of your tea bags or loose leaf tea.
Should I Refrigerate Tea?
You may be tempted to store tea in the refrigerator because you think it’ll last longer. However, by doing so, you’re adding more moisture to it instead of just keeping it at room temperature which can lead to a decrease in the shelf life of both tea bags and loose leaf tea. In summary, you shouldn’t refrigerate tea.
How do You Get the Smell Out of Tea Tins?
If you want to get the smell out of tea tins, turn it upside down on a heat register and leave it there for a couple of days. Or, you can rinse it out with soap and water, using a brush to get into the crevices. Be sure to dry it out completely before storing something else in the tea tin.
How to Store Tea
Have your Say about the Best Tea Storage Containers
What’s your top pick for a tea storage container? Is it one of the options from this list, or do you have your eye on another one? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other busy tea enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2020-10-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API