Do you want to make some delicious Cavatelli pasta at home? It’s certainly not that easy to do without a top-quality Cavatelli maker. That’s where we come in. We’ve chosen our top picks for you. Before we get into all the details, here’s a sneak peak at some of our favourites:
What is Cavatelli?
It’s an Italian comfort food and is probably one of the most delicious pastas you’ll ever put into your mouth. It’s made from a pasta dough, without eggs using a Cavatelli Maker. This makes it quite thick and chewy and various kinds of sauces can easily stick to it. In Italian, the name literally means “little hollows.”
The most common way to eat these small shells that look like mini hot dog buns is with garlic, broccoli, or broccoli rabe. One common variation is to add some ricotta cheese to the dough which changes the flavour and texture of thm.
What makes Cavatelli pasta so special? It’s not that easy to make, and is really only possible to do in small quantities. While you can do it by hand, this will take basically forever and it’s certainly not recommended. So, stay tuned for our favourite machines that’ll help you get the job done more quickly and easily.
Top 5 Cavatelli Machines
Now, let’s get into all the details you need to know about the best Cavatelli makers on the market today. Are you ready? Keep on reading!
#1: Fantes Cavatelli Maker
- Fantes Cousin Elisa's Cavatelli Maker easily forms and cuts authentic homemade cavatelli with the...
- Made from anodized aluminum; built-in clamp secures to countertops (up to 1.365-inches thick)
- Quickly makes authentic cavatelli with deep ridges to pick up and hold delicious sauce;...
- Roll out pasta dough, cut into strips, and feed into the machine as directed, turn the handle with a...
- Includes Cavatelli Maker, clamp, complete instructions, and Fante's family recipes; hand wash in...
If you want to make yourself some delicious, homemade Italian pasta at home, then this machine should do the trick. It makes the perfect size and shape of Cavatelli that will hold the sauce well, and result in a delicious treat for your family and friends.
The company behind this machine has been around for more than 100 years and they certainly know what they’re doing when it comes to homemade pastas. Here are just a few of the things you’ll love about it.
- Variety of other attachments are compatible with this machine (garganelli, lasagna, gnocchi, ravioli)
- Forms and cuts ideal shape and texture of pasta within seconds
- Made from durable aluminum
- Clamp is compatible with most countertops
- Make uniform sized pasta easily for a better end result
- Deep well in the Cavatelli holds pasta very well
- Requires making the dough, cutting it into strips and then feeding it through the machine while turning the hand crank
- Includes instruction and family recipe book
- Hand wash only in warm, soapy water
- The highest user ratings among all products in this category
- Currently “Amazon’s Choice for Cavatelli Makers”
“Takes a few times to get the hang of it, but it works really well overall. A few tips though: Make sure your dough isn’t too wet, and take your time when feeding it through the machine. Speed comes with experience.”
“Works well as making all the various pasta shapes (I bought a few of the boards and attachments with this thing). My family fights to take turns cranking the handle—it’s so fun and then out pop these really cute Cavatelli! So delicious and we’ve now made it a Friday night tradition at our house.”
“Does a nice job, but it’s important to use the right recipe so that the texture is perfect. Use the one in the included recipe book and that’s a nice place to start.”
Does it sound like the right Cavatelli maker for your needs? Then you’ll certainly want to check it out over on Amazon. Click the button below to find the best prices and don’t forget to see if it’s eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#2: Paderno Word Cuisine Cavatelli Pasta Maker
- This intelligently designed kitchen tool saves time as one can easily and quickly prepare large...
- The Paderno pasta maker is made of coated aluminum and features stainless steel blades as well as...
- The kitchen gadget is very robust & durable and can be mounted to any counter- or table-top with...
- Additionally, the Paderno noodle maker is extremely easy to clean due to its non-stick finish and...
- Items delivered: 1 x Cavatelli Machine by Paderno World Cuisine
Paderno has been around for almost 100 years now, selling top-quality pasta machines this whole time. They are certainly a name to be trusted in the world of homemade pasta. Check out some of the reasons why we like this Italian Cavatelli maker so much.
- Easy to use right out of the box
- Made from aluminum
- Stainless steel cutting blades
- ABS rollers roll well
- Durable, sturdy construction
- Easy to clean because of the non-stick surface
- Hand wash only (not in the dishwasher)
- Can prepare large amounts of perfectly shaped Cavatelli quickly and easily
- Easily mounted to any countertop or table
“Easy to clean and use, plus makes a variety of pastas really easily. Probably the best value pasta maker out there in my opinion.”
“Sure beats making Cavatelli by hand which can take forever! It’s a simple machine that just works well. Plus, it’s super easy to clean in just a few seconds as well. Make sure you get the right consistency with the dough though—not too sticky for the best results.”
“A little bit difficult to turn and the dough got stuck on the rollers sometimes. Not sure what went wrong…but hope my experience is better next time.”
Buy Yours Today
Does it sound like the right machine to make Cavatelli at home? Then you’ll definitely want to find out more about it on Amazon. Take a look right here for the lowest prices:
#3: Cucina Pro Cavatelli Maker
- Cavatelli Maker- Authentic large and small gnocchi, pasta seashells and more
- Cavatelli Machine- Includes Easy Clean Rollers
- Original design includes delicious recipes
- Easy to clean and easy to use
- Making authentic homemade Italian food is a breeze
Cucina Pro has been around for decades now and some of their pasta machines have been known to last that long as well! Check out our review of their hand crank machine right here: Cucina Pro Pasta Machine Review. This Cavatelli machine is no exception and it’s made to the same exacting standards as all their other Italian cookware.
Here are just a few of the reasons why you might want to consider it.
Key Features of the CucinaPro Cavatelli Machine
- Includes instructions and some recipes for getting started
- Hand crank is reversed so it’ll fit into the box. It’s easy to change the other way around though.
- Easily makes seashells, and gnocchi as well (large and small)
- Made from high-quality stainless steel
- Very easy to use
- Don’t forget to prepare the dough a bit stiffer than you might be used to
- Easy to clean
- Takes up a small footprint for storage
- Some people wish that the rollers were wood instead of plastic
What do People Think About It?
“Works really well—I went with a Ricotta dough the first time and then a regular one the second time. You’ll read some negative reviews about this product, but they mostly seem to be from people who are inexperienced with making homemade pasta and not really a fault of the machine. Cucina Pro knows what they’re doing with pasta makers!”
“Nice unit for a great price. My only small complaint is that my counters are too thick to clamp it to and I had to use my kitchen table. Other than that? Makes some delicious shells, gnocchi and cavatelli.”
“Works as expected and you really can’t beat the price. I’m just wondering about the durability of the plastic rollers, but for the price? I shouldn’t really complain. It’ll still be a value even if only lasts for 3 years.”
Where Can I Find this Cucina Pasta Maker?
Does it sound like the right option for making Cavatelli at home? Then you’ll want to head over to Amazon to find out more about it:
#4: Cuisinox Cavatelli Board
- Made of beech wood
- 8 x 5 x 1 Inch
- Very light board
- Can be used to make grooved butter balls
- Ideal for Gnocchi and Cavatelli
If you want to go old school and forget the machines, then you’ll definitely want to consider trying out this gnocchi and cavatelli board. Basically, it’s a grooved wooden board that allows you to make these delicious pasta easily. Sure, it takes a bit longer than using a machine, but you’re doing it the traditional way!
- Made from beech wood
- Light in weight
- Also useful for making grooved butter balls
- Creates the perfect ridges in pasta to soak up sauce
“Works really well, is light and also super easy to clean. I end up pulling this out a surprising few times a month for various purposes!”
“It’s really fun to make gnocchi with this thing, and like advertised, the grooves really do help soak up the sauce.”
“My husband is a professional chef, so I picked this up for his birthday. He said it’s a nice quality and perfect for making homemade pasta with ridges.”
Where Can I Buy It?
Do you want to find out more about this vintage pasta making tool? Find out more about it right here:
#5: Electric Cavatelli Maker from CucinaPro
- Electric Pasta Maker- Made In Italy of Heavy Duty 18-10 Stainless Steel
- Pasta Machine by Imperia- Non-stick coating guarantess safe and clean pasta always
- 2 built in cutters for tagliatelle and fettuccine
- Built in motor makes pasta quicker and easier
- 6 thickness settings
If you’re looking for an electric pasta machine that can make Cavatelli and does most of the work for you, then you’ll definitely want to consider this one from Cucina Pro. Like their hand-crank pasta machines, this electric one is made to the same exacting standards and does a great job at making some delicious pasta for the whole family to enjoy.
- Made in Italy
- Stainless steel construction that makes it very durable
- Made by Imperia
- Non-stick coating for easy clean-up
- 2 built-in cutters, but various other attachments (Cavatelli requires the Milleghocchi attachment)
- Built-in motor means no hand cranking and you can make a large amount of pasta very quickly
- Various thickness settings
- 85 watts of power
“Okay, so it may seem a little bit expensive, but let me tell you—it’s oh so worth it! First of all, it’s a standalone appliance that doesn’t require a clamp to attach it to the countertop. Secondly, it turns out a ton of delicious pasta in just a minute or two with precisely no effort from me! Awesome and I find myself using this thing at least a couple of times a week.”
“One and done machine that does the job well. The motor is powerful enough, even for thicker doughs and I love the various attachments to make different kinds of pasta.”
“I’ve had various pasta makers over the years the problem is usually the same—the plastic gears strip with time and it doesn’t turn well. This one seems far more durable though and the quality is obvious from the second you take this thing out of the box.”
Shop Online Now
Do you want the machine to do all the hard work for you? Then you’ll definitely need to consider this electric cavatelli machine. Click the button below to find the best prices and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
How to Make Cavatelli?
Do you want to learn more about making this popular Italian pasta at home? Then you’ll want to check out this video for all the details you need to know about How to Make Cavatelli Pasta:
Where Can I Buy Cavatelli Pasta?
In reality, this kind of pasta is not that easy to find in stores. You may have a bit of luck by going to your favourite Italian deli or supermarket and enquiring there, but they’ll probably just tell you to make it at home yourself!
That’s actually our best advice too. We recommend getting one of these machines and then making it yourself. With a little bit of practice, it’s actually not that difficult.
Beyond that, you can sometimes buy it online, either from Amazon or Italian food suppliers. Here’s one source that ships frozen. Just be aware that you can’t cancel your order:
- Ships frozen, CANNOT be cancelled after being processed.
Have your Say about these Cavatelli Maker
What’s your top pick for a Cavatelli machine? Is it one of the options from this list, or you going with another brand (or even making them by hand)? Leave a comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other homemade pasta enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2019-10-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API