Have you ever thought about making some delicious pasta at home? Anyone can do it with a pasta machine: seriously, it’s not that hard. But, how do you get those interesting shapes? Well, you’ll need one of these top-quality pasta extruder machines.
Basically, you force the dough through your machine and at the end that it comes out, it has to go through a mold of some kind. This way, you can make a variety of shapes quickly and easily with this machine.
They come in all shapes and sizes. You can find one of these machines for commercial use, or one for your small home kitchen. Before we get into all the details that you need to know, here’s a sneak peak at some of our top picks for you to consider:
Top 5 Pasta Extruder Machines
Do you want to see our top picks? Then keep on reading to find out out top picks so that you can make delicious Italian food at home.
#1: Marcato Atlas Pasta Extruder
- Marcato’s Atlas regina manual pasta maker easily extrudes fresh pasta dough to make 5 Hollow...
- Made in Italy from food-grade, shockproof plastic with chrome-plated steel and skidproof feet; no...
- Simply attach die shape (bucatini, fusilli, Macaroni, small Macaroni or rigatoni), Feed dough into...
- Easily extrudes and cuts 5 noodle shapes in just seconds; includes pasta maker, 5 pasta dies,...
- Hand wash in Warm, soapy water; compact for easy storage; 2-year manufacturer’s warranty;...
If you’re looking for the top name in delicious pasta at home, Marcato Atlas is it. It’s the actually the choice of many restaurants and cooking schools in Italy. It really is that good, and their pasta maker is one that you’ll be handing down to your kids! Making fresh pasta with this thing is so easy.
This manual pasta extruder requires no electricity. Instead, you turn the crank by hand and your pasta shapes come out the other end! It does take a bit more work than the KitchenAid one we just talked about, but it certainly has the advantage in terms of simplicity and durability.
- Made from chrome-plated steel and shockproof plastic which makes it extremely durable
- Includes 5 dies that are hollow in shape (bucatini, fusilli, Macaroni, small Macaroni or rigatoni)
- Made in Italy
- Hand crank
- Non-skid feet
- Clamp attaches it to your countertop
- Hand wash in warm, soapy water
- Compact storage when not in use
- 2 year warranty
“Super impressed with this machine! In the pasta decades, I’ve plain worn out four of the electric pasta extruders, so I decided to go for a hand crank one. This thing is super durable, and easier to use than I thought it would be. It doesn’t require a ton of force to push the pasta dough through the die, as long as you don’t make your dough too sticky. My advice is to use a kitchen scale to accurately make the recommend dough.”
“Was a little bit concerned about the plastic on this unit, but it’s high in quality and very durable. I can’t imagine this thing breaking in the next decade or so! Makes delicious pasta and is ideal if you want to make something a bit more interesting with your pasta maker than the basic flat noodles. For some sauces, this is ideal!”
This first option is at the top of our list for good reason! It really is that good and you’ll still be using it years later.
Does it sound like the right hand pasta extruder for your needs? Marcato Atlas is certainly one of the most trusted names in pasta and this machine has some of the best user reviews. Click the button below to find out more about it:
Learn more about one of our top products here:
#2: KitchenAid Gourmet Pasta Press
- Powered by your KitchenAid Stand Mixer. Fits all Household KitchenAid Stand Mixers.
- 6 Quick Change Discs for spaghetti, bucatini, rigatoni, fusilli, large or small macaroni.
- The pasta press and all its parts are neatly organized inside its own storage case for easy access...
- Built-In Wire Cutter for complete control over the length of your pasta.
- Includes Pasta press, Pusher, Pasta discs, Cleaning tool
If you already have a KitchenAid stand mixer, then this might be the best solution for you. Basically, you can add this extruder pasta machine to your mixer and then be able to make up to six different kinds of pasta. Keep on reading to find out more about it.
- Comes with six interchangeable pasta plates
- Can make spaghetti, bucatini, rigatoni, fusilli, large or small macaroni
- Be sure to check and see if this pasta extrusion machine is compatible with your model of mixer before buying!
- Well organized and all the parts fit inside the unit when not in use
- Built-in wire cutter to adjust the length
- Includes the press, pusher, cutter, discs and cleaning tool
“This thing is so awesome and I can’t say enough good stuff about it! My family loves making pasta and this extruder makes it super simple to use your KitchenAid to do it. Some reviews mention that the pasta sticks together after it comes out of the machine, but drop it into a flour dusted bowl and you should have no problems.”
“Nice purchase and I’m so happy with it! The key to making it work is to use a slightly drier dough so that it doesn’t stick together. Clean up is breeze with this thing too and takes just a few seconds. Would totally recommend it to anyone with a KitchenAid stand mixer.”
Get yours Today
Does it sound like the right pasta extruder attachment for your home kitchen? You can click the button below to find out more about it, and don’t forget to check and see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#3: Newcreative Stainless Steel Manual Pasta Extruder
- Diameter: Approx. 6cm; Inner hole: Approx. 5cm
- Noodle machine height: Approx. 18cm; Drum height: Approx. 14cm;
- Easy to use and easy to clean. And it is safty.Does not leak any dough when pressing.
- stainless steel manual noodle press machine
- Package include: 1 x Noodle Press Machine, 5 x Noodle Mould
Another top option for a hand crank pasta extruder is this one from New Creative. It does take a little bit of work to push the dough through the machine. But the results? Most definitely worth it. Find out more about this popular Italian pasta machine.
- Contains five dies that make both flat and round noodles
- Super easy to use with a turning motion
- Just unscrew and then screw in a different mould
- Cleaning is quick as well
- Steel construction
- Can be used as a juicer as well
What do People Think About this Top Product?
“Way quicker and easier to make pasta than with a pasta machine. Just work your dough and then feed it through the machine. It really is that easy from the first time, even if you have no experience with fresh pasta. Plus, clean-up just takes a few seconds. Haven’t tried it for juicing yet, but it’s an interesting idea.”
“Works great, and does take a bit of muscle to feed the dough through but the price is certainly right. They make no claims about it not being a manual appliance! The best part? I put it in the dishwasher after and it cleans up really nicely. Awesome and it’s a great kitchen help.”
Where Can I Find It?
Do you want to know more about this? Then you’ll need to check it out for yourself on Amazon. Click the button below to find the best prices on a pasta extruder and to see if it’s eligible for free shipping:
#4: Torchio Bigoli Hand Pasta Extruder
- Capacity: 17 Onces or 480 grams
- Includes 2 Pasta Dies (More dies are available for purchase)
- Bench Not Included
- Made in Italy
If you’re looking for a simple, manual pasta extruder, then this one might be it! It’s made in Italy from top-quality materials and includes two dies, although you can buy more from the company. Have some fun with your family making delicious homemade, Italian pasta.
- 17 ounce capacity per batch
- Made in Italy
- Clamps to a countertop or bench
- Can make two kinds of pasta ( spaghetti and rigatoni), although you can buy more dies from the company.
“It’s one of my life goals to make delicious homemade pasta. In that mission, I’ve used a couple of electric ones, but they both broke in short order. That’s why I decided to make the switch to a hand crank one. This thing is bulletproof, and not only that, it works super well.”
“I followed the recommended recipe and thought that the dough was too dry. However, the machine handled it well like a champ. Super impressed and you can buy more attachments to go with it. It’s so fun to make fresh pasta with this thing and my kids love to help me too.”
Do you want to find out more about this popular hand crank pasta extruder? Click the button below to check for the lowest prices and don’t forget to check and see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
#5: Spaetzle Classic Pasta Extruder by Westmark
- With classic layout of holes/ consisting of two parts - can easily be dismantled by simply pulling...
- Single parts can be put into the dishwasher/ dimensions: 400 x 85 x 110 mm/ material: coated...
- The handle is flattened and offers with it's the three grooves at the front part safe hold on pots...
- Can also be used as a ricer for purees, spaghetti-ice, mashed potatoes and as fruitpress
- The press for "spaetzle"-noodles and potatoes with larger capacity - made in germany
If you’re looking for one of the best pasta extruders out there, with some extremely high ratings, then you’re going to want to seriously consider this one from Westmark. It’s super simple and kind of looks like just a big version of a garlic press. Here are some of the things you’ll love about it.
- Easy to take apart the two parts by taking out the pin
- Dishwasher safe
- Made from durable coated aluminum
- Clamps onto pots of various sizes (3 adjustments)
- Made in Germany
- Makes thin and elegant noodles quickly and easily with very little force
- However, makes only one type of noodle, with no options for other attachments or dies
What are People Saying About It?
“Sturdy, solid and makes some delicious Spaetzle. You could actually use it for a ton of things, from fruit to mashed potatoes, and more. Love the notches on the side that fit onto any pot.”
“Makes nice, thin homemade pasta noodles really easily. You can also use it for a vegetable press though. It’s tough and built to last a lifetime, although it goes take a bit of experience to become proficient.”
Where Can I Learn More About It?
Does it sound like the right hand pasta extruder for your needs? You can see our full review here: Best Spaetzle Makers.
Or, you can easily check out this top quality machine on Amazon. Find the best prices here:
How Does a Home Pasta Extruder Work?
Before you buy one, you may want to know how they work. Basically, you force the dough through the machine, using a crank from a chamber into a shaped die (the shape of the pasta). You have to decide which shape you use and select the appropriate die.
Apart from the flat (lasagna) or skinny noodles (spaghetti, fettuccini or linguine, etc.) that pasta machines can easily make, the use of a pasta extruder can give you some additional options. You’ll find that you can make hollow pastas like macaroni or rigatoni and even some more complex ones like bucatini or rigatoni.
What Should I Look for in the Best Pasta Extruder?
There are a number of factors that you’ll want to consider for your pasta extruder or attachment. Here are some of the most important ones.
Shape of Pasta/Number of Dies
If you are a pasta connoisseur, then you’ll certainly want to pay close attention to the type of pasta it can make. You know that a certain type of pasta is best with a certain type of pasta sauce, right? Of course!
Most machines include a few different attachments, and there are some that offer you the option to get more. Check the specific brand that you’re interested in for all the details.
Electric or Hand Crank
If you want the easiest option, then consider something like the KitchenAid pasta extruder attachment. The KitchenAid extruder is fully automatic, except for the fact that you have to cut it. It’s a simple way to make yourself some delicious pasta at home without getting an arm workout!
Another option to consider is a fully automated pasta machine with extruder built in. Our top pick is this one: Philips Automatic Pasta Machine.
If you’re looking for a cheaper option and you don’t have a KitchenAid mixer, then you’ll want to consider a manual one. They are reasonably priced, generally work well but do require a bit of muscle. Don’t plan on making a huge quantity at one time, or enlist a helper so that you can spell each other off. However, it’s not really a big deal because you’ll want to make your pasta fresh anyway, so more frequent, smaller batches is actually best.
As with any home or kitchen appliance, price is a major consideration. You should be able to find a top-notch pasta extruder for well under $100. They are generally quite simple machines without a ton of moving parts and the price reflects this.
Of course, at the higher end, you’re getting far more durable products that’ll last you a lifetime instead of just a year or two.
If you’re on the search for the best extruder, then reviews on Amazon should be your best friend! We recommend checking out the 3-4 star reviews to get the most accurate picture of a product’s pros and cons.
What about Ravioli or Cavatelli?
Do do you want to make some different types of pasta instead of flat noodles, or hollow ones? Then you’ll need to check out the following recommendations:
Do you have a Pasta Drying Rack that you Recommend?
Depending on the shape of pasta that you make, you may want to use a pasta dryer rack with it. You can hang flat noodles like fettuccine or flat noodles like lasagna from it. Doing so for one hour helps to prevent pasta from sticking during the cooking process. Or, you can dry it for a number of hours to extend the shelf life of your homemade pasta to a few days.
You can check out some of our top picks right here:
Or, give this article a read: Top 5 Pasta Dryer Racks.
Have your Say about the the Best Pasta Extruder Machines
What are your thoughts about these home pasta extruders? Which one is your top pick? Leave a comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other pasta enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2020-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API