Okay, let’s talk weekend breakfasts. For many people, that means lazy, lingering mornings filled with family favourites like waffles, right? At least in our house that’s what it’s like. Let’s get to a simple waffle recipe that you use to turn your weekend mornings into something special!
Homemade Delicious Waffles: A Healthy and Practical Choice
Have you tried serving your kids homemade delicious waffles? Aren’t they delighted? It’s always a perfect choice to serve your family homemade dishes. By doing so, you are guaranteed of your loved ones’ health and safety.
Preparing the food yourself means offering your family food that you exactly what is in it. No chemicals and preservatives for your family! Your spouse and kids are also ensured of delectable meals since you are preparing them yourself.
Delicious waffles are among the perfect homemade foods your family will surely love. They are great treats to enjoy be it for breakfast, snacks, dessert or even dinner.
If you want to achieve truly delicious waffles, invest in a high-quality waffle maker. This way, making the sweet treats is easier and effortless. You can follow any delicious waffles recipe you find easily if you have a waffle maker at home.
For some recommendations on the best waffle maker, check out our article: The Top 5 Waffle Makers. We’ve done the hard work for you and narrowed down all the options to the best ones.
Or, here’s a link to our #1 pick on Amazon, the Presto Flipside Belgian Waffle Maker:
But if you already have a top-quality waffle maker in the kitchen, then, let’s get the waffle-making on! This recipe makes 10 waffles. This means that the whole family is sure a serving or two of these delicious waffles you are about to try in the kitchen.
To make delicious waffles, you will need:
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs (large) with the yolk and white separated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter (unsalted), melted
- 2 cups milk
Here’s How to Make Waffles:
- Preheat your waffle maker (following the instructions from the manufacturer).
- Using a medium bowl, sift together the baking powder (check out these baking powder alternatives), salt and flour and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using a wooden spoon, beat together using a hand mixer the sugar and egg yolks until the sugar completely dissolves and the eggs turn pale yellow.
- Add the melted butter, milk and vanilla extract to the mixed eggs and sugar. Whisk to combine the said ingredients.
- Combine the milk-egg mixture with the flour mixture. Whisk until well-blended but do not over mix.
- Using a separate bowl (this will be your third bowl), beat the egg whites using an electric mixer until you see a formation of soft peaks. This takes about 1 minute.
- With your rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the well-blended waffle batter but do not over mix. Coat your waffle iron with the non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour enough batter in iron just enough to cover the waffle grid.
- Close and cook (according to the manufacturer’s direction) until golden brown. Cooking time typically takes about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Waffle Topping Ideas
Surely, you wouldn’t want to serve simple and plain waffles. Most of the time, family members want their waffles served with delicious toppings. Here are some great toppings for your homemade delicious waffles:
- Tutti Frutti – Waffle topping that consists of bananas and raspberries, maple syrup and fresh whipped cream.
- Banana Split – An all-time favorite topping with a few slices of banana, a few scoops of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup, mini chocolate chips, peanuts and whipped cream for add-ons.
- Kiddie Sunday – A drizzle of some chocolate syrup over the freshly made waffle with some whipped cream, gummy bears, sprinkles, and chocolate chips, among the many add-on choices.
- Maple Syrup and Butter – Of course, one of the classics is just plain old maple syrup and butter. I know that it’s usually what I choose for eating waffles at home, even though the kids love all sorts of stuff on there!
How to Use a Waffle Iron
If you’ve never used a waffle iron before, you may think it’s difficult to do. In reality, it’s really quite easy and just about anyone can do it! Here are some tips and tricks for making waffles at home in this short video below:
Have your Say about this Waffle Recipe
What are your thoughts about this simple waffle maker recipe? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other waffle enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource guide.